Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Online Leagues

OOTP 17 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 17 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 02-23-2017, 12:05 PM   #1
ArmandoT11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

BLNA Openings - 4th year, real rosters, scouts and coaches on

BLNA Openings - 4th year, real rosters, scouts and coaches on
Full League Name (Initials): Baseball League of North America (BLNA)
League Type: MLB Modern
Main URL: The BLNA
Commissioner OOTP Forum Username(s): Matty86 (Commish), ArmandoT11 (Co-Commish)
OOTP Version: OOTP17
Game Needed: Required
Players: 2016 MLB Default Rosters
# of Teams: 30 with full minor leagues
Sim Schedule: 4 Sims per week: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
League Time Per Sim: 7 Days
Current Season: 2020
League Rules: Rules

We are a fast paced league that strives to be very competitive with a friendly enviroment. We use Slack as our communication app and everyone is very active. 4 sims per week means we need commited users that can follow the pace.

Available Teams:
Milwaukee Brewers

Last edited by ArmandoT11; 04-16-2017 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Baltimore Orioles taken
ArmandoT11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:01 PM   #2
TanzKommandant
Minors (Single A)

I would avoid this league unless you're looking for a very dictatorial experience. The individual running it, while he in general does a good job, also takes a very "my way or the highway" approach to rules, settings and regulations. He gives an air that you're walking on eggshells for questioning his decisions and is not terribly open to change.

Another thing to be aware of is that for any and all trades both parties involved must write an explanation justifying in detail their reasons for making the trades. If the commissioner does not agree with your reasons or he does not feel your reasons are detailed enough then the trade will not go through. This didn't affect me negatively but I've seen it several times for others.

A prime example would be the Giants who were recently taken over by an experienced, veteran GM. This Giants team is in a huge mess financially with barely any players on the roster and several huge contracts. The Giants GM tried moving MadBum to the Nationals for basically a salary dump although both parties found some value in the prospect involved. The commissioner did not feel that the Giants were receiving the level of value the commissioner would have asked for and as such the trade was nixed. So now the Giants are stuck in a very unteneble position of having no money for free agents, an empty farm and long-term expensive contracts.

I myself was having a good time in the league until today when I was removed without discussion or reasoning. I had a private message conversation with the Pirates and the Pirates GM took exception to what I said to him. Mostly I was busting his chops but that's neither here nor there. I didn't threaten anyone. I used no profanity and I didn't badmouth him to the community either. The Pirates GM chose to post screenshots of our conversation to the public board.

What did I say that was so horrible? I referred to suggestions I heard within the league that the Pirates GM was a deadbeat dad. For some reason that was deemed "completely unacceptable and inappropriate behavior" which "doesn't belong in our league's chat room or the ootp community" according to the commissioner. I only received this brief explanation after emailing him. I have committed no prior offenses, have not been warned about my conduct and was not given a "hey knock it off" warning this time. I opened up Slack and noticed that I was no longer in the group. Poor form if you ask me.

I was the Tampa Bay GM and took them from around the 20th place farm system to a top 5 farm system in under one season, didn't miss an export and was a productive member of the community.

Really weird decision by the guy running this league and I would recommend not wasting time here so that you can be suddenly and unceremoniously removed at a whim. Any further insight on the way BLNA works, please message me and I'd be happy to respond.
TanzKommandant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:47 AM   #3
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

good commish in this league ...

UTBA3

Last edited by Hanson Bros; 02-28-2017 at 01:50 AM.
Hanson Bros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:14 AM   #4
threesportgeek
Minors (Double A)

Welcome to online baseball TanzCommandant in its purest form. You just got served lesson #1. Regardless of how right or wrong this Commish is he has the right to run his league his way. Sorry you got burned this way, but you aren't alone. Best of luck trying to find a fair down the middle online league. I am beginning to think this is not possible.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
threesportgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:51 PM   #5
kq76
Global Moderator

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post4161248
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:02 PM   #6
ArmandoT11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Currently in our 5th season we have an opening with the Milwaukee Brewers:
http://theblna.com/game/lgreports/ne...s/team_46.html

The team is very young and currently has the #7 ranked farm.
If you're interested in the team and our league please let me know and we will add you ASAP.
Thanks!

Note: We will be moving on to OOTP 18 after this season so message me in case you want to be on the waiting list
Old 03-29-2017, 08:39 PM   #7
ArmandoT11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Milwaukee Brewers still open:
http://theblna.com/game/lgreports/ne...s/team_46.html

Last edited by ArmandoT11; 04-01-2017 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Rockies taken
Old 04-08-2017, 02:13 PM   #8
ArmandoT11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Last edited by ArmandoT11; 04-16-2017 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Orioles taken
Old 04-16-2017, 11:31 PM   #9
ArmandoT11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Milwaukee Brewers are still open: http://theblna.com/game/lgreports/ne...s/team_46.html
They have one of the most impressive prospects in our league: http://theblna.com/game/lgreports/ne...yer_39767.html

We're past the trade deadline and almost in September.
Since we will move on to OOTP 18 for next season (in around 15 days) we're looking for someone that already has the new game and wants to save their spot in the league for next year.