Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-07-2015, 01:40 PM   #1
Bibbers
Minors (Rookie Ball)

MLB16 OOTP League

Hey guys, I'm gonna be commissioning a 16 league and plan to have it up and running by the week following its release. I've been a part of two very successful OOTP leagues with OOTP 10 and OOTP 14, and I believe I know what it takes to keep things fun and active.

First thing's first, this is the rulebook from the OOTP 14 league I've been apart of: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6p...p6dl81UVk/edit

I intend to use it as the guideline for this league. The actual rules & game setup begin on page 4. Please refer to it for any questions, as it should be able to answer most any of them. Of course, for any questions that you can't find, feel free to ask. Once things are up and running, I'll leave certain rule changes up to debate, but expect most of the general rules & settings to stay the same. For instance, overalls/potentials will be 1-100, we will do 2 week sims every Monday/Wednesday/Friday, it is using real players and teams, and it will start at the beginning of the 2015 season. Those kinds of rules are non-negotiable.

As of right now, I've already got 13 other GMs signed up from my 14 league, so I'm looking for 16 new GMs. As for deciding teams, upon filling those 16 spots, there will be a team draft. I'll take all your usernames, put them into Rotoworld's fantasy draft order tool, and we'll take turns picking teams. I feel like that's fair. And just so you don't suspect me of rigging anything, I'm going to pick last cause I really don't care what team I end up with.

The league forum is on ProSportsDaily. The link to the forum is here: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/for...55-OOTP-League
If you intend to join the league, please register under the same username you use here so it's easy to know who you are. If you don't use the same username, just make sure I know so we can validate your account. Prosportsdaily is buggy with new members, so it may take even up to a few days for us to get your account up and running, so just be patient and we'll stay in contact.

Last couple notes:
One rule change you can expect is the implementation of the statslab, I think it's nifty, but the side requirement there is that everyone in the league has to own the game.

I strongly suggest downloading AOL Instant Messenger (AIM), it's very helpful for quick, convenient trading with the other GMs in the league.

It's first come first serve, so PM me or leave a comment if you're interested in joining. Thank you.

Update: League is full again, but expect spots to open up. Waiting list:
Dustinthepowerhouse
tgreitsma
AutoVotto
Boon
Hulkamaniac
FlipCup
kscriv
mikeg719
Conococheaguey

Last edited by Bibbers; 03-20-2015 at 10:07 AM.
Bibbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:25 PM   #2
WindyCityFlyer
Bat Boy

I am currently in the 14 league and can vouch for this being a very well run league. You will not be disappointed.
WindyCityFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:30 AM   #3
lere2001
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This would be my first ever online OOTP league but I have owned every game since OOTP 13 I believe. If you guys would be willing to hold my hand through it a little bit and help me out a bit even though I'm the competition, I would love to join
lere2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:36 AM   #4
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

I am interested as well....

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:38 AM   #5
CalvDaMan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm interested.
CalvDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:16 AM   #6
WindyCityFlyer
Bat Boy

Good to know guys. We have a great core of guys that some have been playing since OOTP 6.5 and 90% since OOTP X. Just need to add to that core. I'm sure Bibbers will be getting in contact with you guys ASAP.

I mean, just take a look at the rule book and you'll see that we are committed haha.

Last edited by WindyCityFlyer; 03-08-2015 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:20 AM   #7
Bibbers
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Indeed I did reach out to all of you. Thank you for your interest I'm putting all of you on the updated list, so as of now I only have 8 more spots.

Last edited by Bibbers; 03-08-2015 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:22 AM   #8
ThePretender
All Star Starter

I cannot wait for this league to start. So excited .
ThePretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:00 AM   #9
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lere2001 View Post
This would be my first ever online OOTP league but I have owned every game since OOTP 13 I believe. If you guys would be willing to hold my hand through it a little bit and help me out a bit even though I'm the competition, I would love to join
this^

I have no idea how an online league works, but love the game & would like to play with other human managers.
IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:16 AM   #10
ThePretender
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanIachimoe View Post
this^

I have no idea how an online league works, but love the game & would like to play with other human managers.
We're happy to add GMs of any experience level, and there are tons of GMs who would be able to take you under their wing and help you learn the ins and outs of an online league with human managers .
ThePretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 12:29 PM   #11
WindyCityFlyer
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanIachimoe View Post
this^

It is relatively simple to be honest. Just get to trade/play the game with real people, develop rivalries, etc. You will be hooked.
Old 03-08-2015, 03:07 PM   #12
mavericktango
Major Leagues

If you know baseball and can play ootp as a solo game then you can play it online. All you have to learn is the principle of exporting & downloading and you're good to go.
Just remember come trade time that not every GM with a sweet tongue has the goodies to back it up. Some of his gifts may fall apart sooner than you think ! You are dealing with devious humans now not a gullible AI lol
Old 03-08-2015, 03:41 PM   #13
kev24fan
Major Leagues

I'm interested.
kev24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 04:46 PM   #14
lere2001
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I feel like I'll somehow run my team into bankruptcy :P Let's hope not.
lere2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 05:14 PM   #15
mavericktango
Major Leagues

Ootp doesn't normally let you offer more than you have for players but you have to watch those salaries. Spend too much on your top players and you'll be rounding out half your 25 man roster with minor leaguers.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:00 PM   #16
bigfatcat
Minors (Double A)

Hey Guys
I'd like to join.
Started OOTP with version 5.0, and played thru, I think, version 12 or 13, then took a long break. (I'm actually still in that very first 5.0 league)
I'd like to come back for '16', and like the set-up, and general feel of your league.
Thanks!
Mark F.
mrf4000@gmail.com
AIM: NukoDoll
bigfatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:56 PM   #17
Bibbers
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatcat View Post
Hey Guys
I'd like to join.
Started OOTP with version 5.0, and played thru, I think, version 12 or 13, then took a long break. (I'm actually still in that very first 5.0 league)
I'd like to come back for '16', and like the set-up, and general feel of your league.
Thanks!
Mark F.
mrf4000@gmail.com
AIM: NukoDoll
You're in
Old 03-08-2015, 09:56 PM   #18
Bibbers
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev24fan View Post
I'm interested.
If you want, you got a spot. Send me a quick PM to let me know. With you that's 29 GMs. Wow this filled up so fast!

Last edited by Bibbers; 03-08-2015 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:23 AM   #19
kev24fan
Major Leagues

Yes I would like in
kev24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:12 AM   #20
mavericktango
Major Leagues

One thing I'd like to comment (request) on your set of rules is the keeping of stats (L/R splits, def, PS etc) below ML level. I'm a great fan of following these to make sure my prospects are progressing in all aspects so could we keep all stats please ?