Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #1081
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckler View Post
Tex, I really love the jerseys on this page, the Steelheads, Pioneers and Beavers are top notch. Thanks as always for all of these.
Back at ya knuckler, amazing logos as always... Thank you for all your work and for the help you've given to me...

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #1082
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

Regarding to PX Max "Retro CBC" ...

As far as I have collected, there are The Minnesota North Stars, Philadelphia Athletics and The Pittsburgh River Cats that are left - correct ?...

I have found the others that are not in the special folder: St. Louis Steamers, Chicago Bruins, Brookly Kings, Cincinnati Tigers which were in other folders ...

Just want to be up to date in my neck of the desert ... I have been enjoying these collections tremendously ... many thanks, mates ...

BTW, where does the Houston Outlaws belong to ... I've only noticed the others but not this one? ...
Old 01-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #1083
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Hartford Lions

Hartford Lions

Old 01-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #1084
PW MAX
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabez54 View Post
Regarding to PX Max "Retro CBC" ...

As far as I have collected, there are The Minnesota North Stars, Philadelphia Athletics and The Pittsburgh River Cats that are left - correct ?...

I have found the others that are not in the special folder: St. Louis Steamers, Chicago Bruins, Brookly Kings, Cincinnati Tigers which were in other folders ...

Just want to be up to date in my neck of the desert ... I have been enjoying these collections tremendously ... many thanks, mates ...

BTW, where does the Houston Outlaws belong to ... I've only noticed the others but not this one? ...
Just a few historical notes:

The Houston Outlaws joined the CBC as an expansion team, long about 1961 or so, and were known as the Spitfires the first few years of their existence. I mainly focused on the 30s, 40s and 50s for the retro CBC, and so didn't include them on that list. I had thought about posting an updated teams list, perhaps from the 70s or 80s, and the Outlaws would definitely appear there. If I ever get around to posting the modern-day 2013, 32-team CBC, the Outlaws would fall into the NatCon's Southern Division.

Also, not 100% sold on the St. Louis Steamers just yet. I like the name a lot, but as I haven't gotten around to drafting a St. Louis backstory just yet, it could always be subject to retcon. We'll see what develops.

And, just for clarity, I usually drop the space in RiverCats, (though I do inexplicably like to capitalize the C). Just always liked the look of that for some reason. Of course, that might have been different back in the day. As a brief aside, the RiverCats started out as the Alleghenys way back when, spend some time as the Keystones, and then become the RiverCats later. Though now that I think about it, it does seem more likely that they would have been the River Cats first, and then dropped the space to become the RiverCats some time later, perhaps trying to be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger View Post
Hartford Lions

Those Hartford Lions uniforms are fantastic as well, just what I was looking for. Not sure why exactly, but I'm a sucker for the logos on the sleeve. I always like seeing that.

The retro CBC's really starting to come together.

Thanksgiving Day, 1998 - October 28, 2011

Last edited by PW MAX; 01-25-2013 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Had to make my post sparkle.
PW MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #1085
dmacpgh82
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Bay Area Bengals

logo for the Bay Area Bengals...

fictional history, in the year 2015 the Oakland athletics,who grow tired of the SF Giants claim to San Jose which is farther away than Oakland, file a law suit against both the SF Giants franchise and MLB... the resulting law suit forces the SF Giants to release claim to the San Jose area, however the resulting suit causes massive financial ruin for both the Athletics and the Giants... The city of San Jose steps in and proposes a merger of both franchises on the ruling that, the new Bay Area franchise be placed in a new stadium built actually in the Bay itself with three hot routes directly connecting the three Bay Area cities... this causes the Giants and Athletics names to be released and quickly grabbed up for a new third NYC Franchise and the Philadelphia Phillies to change to the Athletics reviving the old franchise of the city...

while yes my fictional history I did set in 2015, meh... here is another logo, and thinking about it now, i may include fictional back stories with my logos... enjoy all

dmacpgh82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #1086
dmacpgh82
Minors (Rookie Ball)

louisville & miami beach

Louisville Sluggers
founded in the 1850's by the employees of the Louisville Slugger baseball bat company, the employees were the ones who would test newly made bats in the company sandlot diamond, it was not before long that they decided to put together an amateur baseball club. after years of barnstorming and taking on several professional clubs from Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh and winning more than losing, they were recognized as a professional baseball team, and widely known as the best contact hitter in the game...

Miami Beach Tropics
while in the south and hearing the talk of the sport of baseball, some of the locals decided to put together a small league of local teams... after years of the Miami Beach team winning the South Florida Cup eight years running, it was decided to request professional baseball club status and admission into the major leagues. first being scoffed at by the franchises in Chicago and St. Louis, the New York Giants took up the cause to challenge the Miami Beach club to a best of five exhibition series. While the New York club did prevail in 5 games, each game was highly competitive and close with 4 games going to extra innings. After the exhibition, New York lobbied for the admission of Miami Beach, but after Chicago and St. Louis gathered support from Philadelphia and Boston, the Miami Beach Tropics were left wanting. Before the final decision was made, the Owner of the NY Giants franchise said openly, "They feared what we learned from playing the Tropics, it would not be long before the best players would rather play in the sun and warmth of the south beach area and we knew it would not be long before the heart of baseball ran through Miami Beach"

Old 01-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #1087
dmacpgh82
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Oklahoma Apaches / Omaha Red Wings

Oklahoma Apaches
while America is expanding the sport of baseball did as well. In the frontier of Oklahoma to pass the time, baseball was played, while observing, the local Apache tribes enjoyed watching and picked up the game rather quickly.

Omaha Red Wings
in the fields of Omaha random baseball diamonds were created and small squads of local teenagers and young adults rose up and among them was the pinnacle of Nebraska baseball, the Omaha Red Wings. Despite the distance, their successes took them down south to face off against the Oklahoma Apaches and thus an age old rivalry was born.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #1088
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Milwaukee Bisons

Milwaukee Bisons

Old 01-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #1089
PW MAX
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacpgh82 View Post
logo for the Bay Area Bengals...

fictional history, in the year 2015 the Oakland athletics,who grow tired of the SF Giants claim to San Jose which is farther away than Oakland, file a law suit against both the SF Giants franchise and MLB... the resulting law suit forces the SF Giants to release claim to the San Jose area, however the resulting suit causes massive financial ruin for both the Athletics and the Giants... The city of San Jose steps in and proposes a merger of both franchises on the ruling that, the new Bay Area franchise be placed in a new stadium built actually in the Bay itself with three hot routes directly connecting the three Bay Area cities... this causes the Giants and Athletics names to be released and quickly grabbed up for a new third NYC Franchise and the Philadelphia Phillies to change to the Athletics reviving the old franchise of the city...

while yes my fictional history I did set in 2015, meh... here is another logo, and thinking about it now, i may include fictional back stories with my logos... enjoy all

Always good to see some more backstories popping up in the thread. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. The Bengals sound like a great team, with an awesome stadium.

Even though I only quoted one post here, I particularly like the Louisville Sluggers and the Miami Beach Tropics. Miami Tropics is a name I've been considering for a team in my world as well.

Quote:
Milwaukee Bisons

Love these! The M on the caps in particular has a special kind of authenticity working for it, for me anyway. Funny how I like little details like that though. The jerseys are all great and should keep Bisons fans happy for many years to come.

Very much appreciated.

Last edited by PW MAX; 01-26-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #1090
txranger
Hall Of Famer

St Paul Colored Gophers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanofCorn73 View Post
Knuckler & Txranger! The Negro League looks fantastic! Love your takes on the logo and uniforms! Would you guys want to takle a few more historic Negro League teams, such as: St. Paul Colored Gophers, Baltimore Black Sox, and Atlantic City Bacharach Giants?

St Paul Colored Gophers

Old 01-26-2013, 11:50 PM   #1091
Jabez54
Hall Of Famer

Reaallyyy Unique there, mate ... LOVE IT !!!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:46 AM   #1092
PW MAX
Minors (Triple A)

Revisionist History??? Or The World According To Red???

Checking in, once again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW MAX View Post
Also, not 100% sold on the St. Louis Steamers just yet. I like the name a lot, but as I haven't gotten around to drafting a St. Louis backstory just yet, it could always be subject to retcon. We'll see what develops.
Seems odd to quote myself, and I'm sorry to just pop in and all of a sudden wheel my narrative around into an all new direction, but a funny thing happened to me tonight: I put on my thinking cap, (I wear mine backward for added coolness), and I kind of came up with a little something all new for the great city of St. Louis.

After some thought, I've come up with a team called the St. Louis Westerns. The Westerns, in this newfangled vision, were famously owned by radio and (later on) television promoter Elias 'Red' Curry, who had helped to make St. Louis something of an entertainment hub in the 1930s and 40s. Incidentally, Curry was also at the heart of pro-wrestling's first "super power", All-World Wrestling, starting in 1948, when the advent of television really jump-started that industry...

But that's a separate matter altogether.

The Westerns took this name, quite simply, because St. Louis was usually seen as the 'Gateway to the West'. The name Gateway Field seemed like a natural fit when they were looking for something to call their home park.

The name was pretty much cemented into place when 1950s player Mickey "Duke" Souters found a second career as the star of television westerns in the 1960s. It was a time of good fortune for the team all around. By the 1970s, much success would lead them to build and open Gateway Stadium, which was and is a visually spectacular ballpark.

Like I said, though, sorry for the sudden unexpected change in direction. I goes where the inspiration takes me.

Here's an updated Retro CBC:

Quote:
American Conference
- Division I
* New York Hawks
* D.C. Capitals
* Minnesota North Stars
* Philadelphia Athletics

- Division II
* Milwaukee Bisons
* Detroit Devils
* Boston Minutemen
* Cincinnati Tigers

National Conference
- Division I
* New York Rangers
* Brooklyn Kings
* Pittsburgh RiverCats
* Lexington Pioneers

- Division II
* Chicago Bruins
* St. Louis Westerns
* Cleveland Foresters
* Hartford Lions
Something about this feels right. It's a long and winding road to somewhere completely different...

Old 01-27-2013, 07:28 AM   #1093
draven
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Milwaukee Bisons

I'm thinking I really like this better then my current Bison uni, would it be possible to get a small edit and make this Sioux Falls instead of Milwaukee
draven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #1094
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by draven View Post
I'm thinking I really like this better then my current Bison uni, would it be possible to get a small edit and make this Sioux Falls instead of Milwaukee
Absolutely!!!

Old 01-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #1095
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Newark Peppers

I don't think the Peppers have been crafted by anyone here yet... If they have already been done by knuckler then we have two sets to choose from... I did these a couple of weeks or so ago to complete my Federal league teams...

Newark Peppers

Old 01-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #1096
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Newark Peppers Cap and jerseys

And the unis...

Last edited by txranger; 01-27-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #1097
knuckler
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure if this is too "cartoony" or not, so if you don't like it, I am more than happy to simplify this one for you, PW:

knuckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #1098
knuckler
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't think the Peppers have been crafted by anyone here yet... If they have already been done by knuckler then we have two sets to choose from... I did these a couple of weeks or so ago to complete my Federal league teams...

Newark Peppers

These are great - I like the third one the best. The Bisons came out really nice as well.
knuckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #1099
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Sioux Falls Bisons

Quote:
Originally Posted by draven View Post
Here ya go my friend...

Old 01-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #1100
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckler View Post
I'm not sure if this is too "cartoony" or not, so if you don't like it, I am more than happy to simplify this one for you, PW:

I think they look fantastic... Love the colors...