Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2017, 01:34 PM   #31041
okcochise
All Star Reserve

What is the damned point? You're now the second person to tell the guy and in the progress couldn't resist posting more about Bunning here. It's no wonder we lost Merkle and all the great posts he shared here.
okcochise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 01:05 PM   #31042
Rainmaker
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
More Old Vault(?) Images Found (AE)

One of our regular contributors has discovered in his files a total of 13 numbered images that belong in Folder AE! Just assembled from a couple of sources a year or so ago, the newfound images were just of two players -- Billy Goodman and Phil Gagliano, with one additional image of Jim Gosger in 399 that duplicated AE 400.

All of the Goodman images are badly washed out -- like many others in the "A" folders, but the Gagilano images are razor sharp. There is also a random portrait of Goodman that looked sharp.

The additions: AE 391-398 Billy Goodman; 399 Jim Gosger; 424-426 Phil Gagliano; 547 Billy Goodman. Chop Country checklist has been updated.

Attachment 506997

AE 425 Phil Gagliano

Last edited by tnfoto; 05-29-2017 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Removed unwatermarked image
Rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 03:23 PM   #31043
Buster Narum
Minors (Double A)

Rainmaker, how many times do you have to be told not to post non-watermarked Topps images on this site? What is your problem????? Can you ever just *NOT* post questionable stuff or keep quiet when it would be smarter to do so???? How about some respect for Scott????

Last edited by Buster Narum; 05-29-2017 at 03:33 PM.
Buster Narum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 04:00 PM   #31044
Rainmaker
Banned

Who says this is a Topps Vault image?

Until today, the Gagliano image, as far as you or anyone else knew, did not exist. I was passed along this information from another person here and I am making an assumption that it MIGHT be from the Vault. After all, Folder AE is entirely my creation if you want to check the posts.

While I appreciate you doing your level best to call attention to the lack of a watermark, I am merely posting an image that has NEVER been posted anywhere before. And you have no idea how much respect I have for Scott.

ALSO, a Zip file is available with the 13 newly discovered images. Send me PM to receive.

Last edited by Rainmaker; 05-29-2017 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-29-2017, 05:30 PM   #31045
Rainmaker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonleafs View Post
I am quite sure that, contrary to Topps's standard posting order in pair for each player, 253 and 254 are not the same guy, 254 being the real Terry McDermott. As for 253, he is the same guy IDied as Larry McDowell in folder GC, pic 168, probably identified as so by Topps Vault (can't remember where I took this). But, I am less and less sure that it is McDowell, comparing him to his pic in both 1970 and 1971 Albuquerque Dodgers team composites, that you can find on Google. Here are the 2 pics we got for this mystery player, and one of McDermott. By the way, as you can see on pic GC 168, the player has the 1969 uni (century patch), with probably number 8 or 9...and has a pitching pose. McDermott was drafted in June 69 by the Dodgers...so he was not at their spring training site.
Ebay posting lists both 253 and 254 as McDermott.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:05 PM   #31046
DeweyintheHall
All Star Reserve

More Red Sox Ms

Needed in Red Sox uniforms and otherwise as described:
Ron MAHAY - need as batter/fielder
Jeff MANTO
Sandy MARTINEZ
Chick MAYNARD
Tim MCCARVER (other than Topps paint job and tiny image posted elsewhere on OOTP)
Amby MCCONNELL
Ed MCFARLAND
Art MCGOVERN
Jim MCHALE (larger than BR)
Norm MCMILLAN
Norm MCNEIL (better/larger than BR)
Bill MCWILLIAMS (larger than BR/SABR)
Orlando MERCED
Dee MILES
Elmer MILLER
Hack MILLER
Mike MILLER (need large)
Johnny MITCHELL
Freddie MONCEWICZ (larger than BR)
Doc MOSKIMAN
Les MOSS
Greg MULLEAVY
Bill MUNDY (Better than Boston Glode newsprint image posted elsewhere on OOTP)
Hap MYERS

As alwasy, the larger the better, and thanks!
DeweyintheHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 07:23 PM   #31047
ortforshort
All Star Starter

Rainmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Narum View Post
Rainmaker, how many times do you have to be told not to post non-watermarked Topps images on this site? What is your problem????? Can you ever just *NOT* post questionable stuff or keep quiet when it would be smarter to do so???? How about some respect for Scott????
Didn't Rainmaker spend countless hours cataloging the Topps Vault pics. If that's the case, he's done more for Topps and it's vault images than anyone else who has ever posted on this site
ortforshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:26 PM   #31048
Buster Narum
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
Didn't Rainmaker spend countless hours cataloging the Topps Vault pics. If that's the case, he's done more for Topps and it's vault images than anyone else who has ever posted on this site
That has nothing to do with it. It's about the rules that were posted for this site by the admin.
Buster Narum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:57 PM   #31049
keonleafs
Major Leagues

Last edited by keonleafs; 10-24-2017 at 09:45 PM.
keonleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:23 PM   #31050
tnfoto
Global Moderator

A reminder:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
Until today, the Gagliano image, as far as you or anyone else knew, did not exist. I was passed along this information from another person here and I am making an assumption that it MIGHT be from the Vault. After all, Folder AE is entirely my creation if you want to check the posts.

While I appreciate you doing your level best to call attention to the lack of a watermark, I am merely posting an image that has NEVER been posted anywhere before. And you have no idea how much respect I have for Scott.

ALSO, a Zip file is available with the 13 newly discovered images. Send me PM to receive.
Quote:
That has nothing to do with it. It's about the rules that were posted for this site by the admin.
Gentlemen,

As I noted a few weeks ago I am unable to spend as much time monitoring the forum as I had in the past. My relative absence, however, does not change the forum rules--both those stated in the Forum Rules and Posting Guidelines and those specific to the image threads, most recently summarized here. In this thread I've removed one unwatermarked image which likely came from TV and done the same with two images in the General Baseball Image Discussion thread.

If there's any question about whether an image is suitable to post on the forum, please PM me first before sharing.
Download Facepack & more at tnfoto's Baseball Photos Homepage
Photo threads: 2022 Debuts Majors Managers Coaches Umpires Minors Negro League Image Requests General Image Discussion

Last edited by tnfoto; 05-29-2017 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Added emphasis
tnfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 03:10 PM   #31051
luvbblogos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I need help identifying Topps Vault image UU 540. Chop Country has it listed as Fritz Peterson. This image is an Atlanta Brave? Than you in advance. 'luvbblogos'.
luvbblogos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 04:30 PM   #31052
SDL
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvbblogos View Post
I need help identifying Topps Vault image UU 540. Chop Country has it listed as Fritz Peterson. This image is an Atlanta Brave? Than you in advance. 'luvbblogos'.
It's definitely Peterson in a Yankee uniform
SDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 05:06 PM   #31053
luvbblogos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Topps Vault UU 539 - 541

My three images from Folder UU show Fritz Peterson in a Cleveland uniform (539), an Atlanta Brave player batting (540) and Fritz as a Yankee - head shot down to his chest (541). Help me out. How can I post the photo as it is a Topps 'non-water marked' image? Can I crop it or blacken it out? Thanks again for any help! Regards, 'luvbblogos'.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:33 PM   #31054
SDL
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
My three images from Folder UU show Fritz Peterson in a Cleveland uniform (539), an Atlanta Brave player batting (540) and Fritz as a Yankee - head shot down to his chest (541). Help me out. How can I post the photo as it is a Topps 'non-water marked' image? Can I crop it or blacken it out? Thanks again for any help! Regards, 'luvbblogos'.
We must have different UU folders. We both have Fritz as an Indian at 539. I have no Brave batting at 540, Just the Peterson Yankee pic (your 541, my 540 pic). 538 has Cap Peterson batting in a Indians uniform.
SDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 05:58 PM   #31055
luvbblogos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

UU Folder Fritz Peterson.

Dear Sir, Here's my UU Folder, 537 Cap-WAS, 538 Cap-CLE, 539 Fritz-CLE, 540 Unknown ATL player, 541 Fritz-NY and 542 Rich Peterson-MIN. Do I have too many numbers? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:05 PM   #31056
keonleafs
Major Leagues

Last edited by keonleafs; 10-24-2017 at 09:46 PM.
keonleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:36 PM   #31057
luvbblogos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Folder UU Fritz Peterson

Dear Sir, I just found out from RAINMAKER that UU 540 is Adrian Garrett. So my UU Folder only has two Fritz Peterson images. 539 Fritz-CLE and 541 Fritz-NY with 540 being Adrian Garrett-ATL. Am I bewildered or in the 'Twilight Zone'. Again I thank you for your response. Case closed unless you have two different Fritz images as a Yankee which will surely cause me to want the 'missing' image! Regards, 'luvbblogos'.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:51 PM   #31058
Rainmaker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDL View Post
We must have different UU folders. We both have Fritz as an Indian at 539. I have no Brave batting at 540, Just the Peterson Yankee pic (your 541, my 540 pic). 538 has Cap Peterson batting in a Indians uniform.
Please send me the 540 Peterson image. The Adrian Garrett was mistakenly overlaid some time ago and I sent the changed file to him. My email of tfproto13@gmail.com
Thanks
Old 05-30-2017, 10:53 PM   #31059
Rainmaker
Banned

Quote:
Dear Sir, I just found out from RAINMAKER that UU 540 is Adrian Garrett. So my UU Folder only has two Fritz Peterson images. 539 Fritz-CLE and 541 Fritz-NY with 540 being Adrian Garrett-ATL. Am I bewildered or in the 'Twilight Zone'. Again I thank you for your response. Case closed unless you have two different Fritz images as a Yankee which will surely cause me to want the 'missing' image! Regards, 'luvbblogos'.
Thanks to you, I have realized that the Garrett was overlaid on the Peterson some time ago when I got the image upgrades. Sorry I misled you, but all I had to check myself was a changed file.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:50 AM   #31060
Rainmaker
Banned

I'm overwhelmed. Folder MJ has 60 new images today, while KH puts 20 mre new faces out there Tuesday.