Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 09-22-2019, 04:00 PM   #1
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Any reason why this guy would be a RP instead of a SP?

Both my scout and OSA have him rated pretty high. His CA got a sizable boost in the past few months heading into the season but even when i check what his CA would be as a starter he would still have the best ratings of any starter on his team. Is there a chance the AI could switch him to a starter some time during the season or is this just a matter of that team's scout not correctly assessing the player?

Edit: It's worth noting that in my fictional league the season is only 68 games long so seeing that he pitched 35.1 innings it's possible he may have had a start or maybe he just pitched a lot of relief innings due to his high stamina.
Attached Images

Last edited by krownroyal83; 09-22-2019 at 04:03 PM.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 04:57 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

He's not developed enough yet. It's quite common to see future SP's work as RP' when first brought up.

His future position shows at SP, the AI will move him into the rotation when it feels he's ready.
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 10:53 PM   #3
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
He's not developed enough yet. It's quite common to see future SP's work as RP' when first brought up.

Yep. He's done pretty well coming out of the bullpen so far. Unless there's a pressing need there's no need to put in into the rotation. Let him continue to develop and once he's farther along he can moved to the rotation. It's a very common thing IRL.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:14 PM   #4
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curve Ball Dave View Post
Yep. He's done pretty well coming out of the bullpen so far. Unless there's a pressing need there's no need to put in into the rotation. Let him continue to develop and once he's farther along he can moved to the rotation. It's a very common thing IRL.
Makes sense. Given his team's sub par starting rotation if it's possible for the AI to promote a player from RP to SP in the middle of the season I can see that happening this season. He'd be their best rated SP pitcher. I'll have to keep an eye on him. Thanks for the input.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:18 PM   #5
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post

His future position shows at SP, the AI will move him into the rotation when it feels he's ready.
I didn't even notice that that information was even available on a players profile but i see it now. I'm glad the game sees him as a future SP. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:15 AM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
Makes sense. Given his team's sub par starting rotation if it's possible for the AI to promote a player from RP to SP in the middle of the season I can see that happening this season. He'd be their best rated SP pitcher. I'll have to keep an eye on him. Thanks for the input.
that's where it doesn't make sense, unfortunately. if that's the case, he'd be a starter. otherwise, i agree that many do pitch relief before becoming starters, but mostly due to a logjam in front of them and they have more club control left and or talent related with long-term view in mind.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote