Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-18-2019, 05:22 PM   #341
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

Edit: figured it out.

Last edited by IanIachimoe; 03-19-2019 at 10:37 AM.
IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:24 PM   #342
rktaker
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yes, currently in the advanced league options, but we'll add it to the main league functions page in the settings as well, for eligible games (MLB non-challengemode)
will it say like update ratings or something? just want to make sure i'm not missing it thanks again
rktaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 05:36 PM   #343
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
I'm somewhat surprised the entire feature list hasn't been released yet. Guess that comes day of release.
It mostly was just not on this thread for some reason

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...71&postcount=6
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:16 PM   #344
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

All-Star Break isn't been looked because missing is in News like saying this city has been awarded the All-Star Game in like 2021,Futures Game,Home Run Derby and replace Celebrity Game with a Hall of Fame Game guys from host city playing other Retired guys.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:19 PM   #345
thesmokeshow
Minors (Double A)

Anyone know if their are any new skins in the game? Or any plans to add any as the season progresses?

Love the game guys. Thanks for another amazing edition of a baseball masterpiece.
thesmokeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:26 PM   #346
zappa1
All Star Starter

players ratings update

I still don't see where this is done. Is this an automatic update or something I have to do? Can it be daily, weekly, or whenever? Sure would like to know how to do this. Thanks.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:38 PM   #347
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
I still don't see where this is done. Is this an automatic update or something I have to do? Can it be daily, weekly, or whenever? Sure would like to know how to do this. Thanks.
MLB season hasnt started yet. Once it starts you should be able to
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:50 PM   #348
Poweshow
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/3 (3)
So like... is there anything actually new or did they just EA us and drop new rosters?
Poweshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:08 PM   #349
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweshow View Post
So like... is there anything actually new or did they just EA us and drop new rosters?
Not sure if this is an actual serious question or just griping...Just in case it is a serious question, you can see the quoted post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Changelist:
- New Option: Live Start MLB anyday after start of season for new Standard Game or Custom Game with MLB active.
- New Option: In MLB game, update player ratings with current stats
- Player overall/potential Ratings will show from the last scouting report on the player (optional)
- Allow delayed loading of images or BB cards on certain pages (optional)
- All New Achievements
- All New Player Animations
- Allow teams to participate in multiple tournaments at the same time
- All new Tiebreaker calculations
- Added new player strategy options: force lineup position, opener/follower, bench. Managers will not completely block strategy settings
- Added support to have players in lineup backup other positions, and substitute in starting lineups for them
- Improved in-game AI logic for substitutions, defense. Improved AI logic for rosters, depth charts.
- AI GMs will pay attention to service time for prospects
- Added Spray Chart for players (current season only). Separate GB and FB tendency for players.
- Added baserunning statistics for players
- Hot and cold streaks will not persist if player is injured/sent to minors
- Starters no longer defaulted to allow pitching in relief in critical games
- Adjusted stamina for starters on short rest
- Added OF Assists to box score
- Historical Exhibition games loaded from the main screen have the option to continue to the historical exhibition screen
- Added CBA2017 FA Compensation Option, *** FA Compensation, august waiver trade option
- Improved international amateur FA contract negotiations. Players will indicate a preference sometimes for your team.
- Fixed association draft order in pro/rel leagues. Added new association draft order option
- Improved fictional schedule generator, it can now properly handle all sorts of league configurations
- Historical transactions now include transactions related to the Disabled / Injured / Bereavement List
- Fixed default playoff seeding for larger brackets
- Rule 5 players must remain on active roster for 90 days or status carries forward
- Improved historical player ratings
- If looking for coaches pictures or Facegens, OOTP will look for the Lahman ID first
- Several other changes

Perfect Team:
- Added new league level - Iron
- Added Auction House watchlist
- Added splits information to AH
- Added more sort functions to AH
- Added player & team records to Universe tab
- Added ability to check past season recaps in the achievements / manager history screen
- Added option to check out season recap of other leagues from universe screen (click on tiles)
- Player streaks include playoff games
- Box scores include notes of achievements
- Players will gain experience at a new position at a rate proportional to how much they actually played there
- Added new Promotion/Relegation page to standings
- Fixed top vote-getters not starting in All-Star Game
- Added Discord name to manager options
- Added "Buy Max" when buying new packs
- Several other changes

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 03-18-2019 at 09:09 PM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:38 AM   #350
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but noticed it after firing up a new OOTP 20 save. The team home page has more stat rankings on it. I think previous versions had AVG, OBP, HR, runs scored, but this version has all of the following: runs scored, AVG, OBP, OPS, batting WAR, wOBA, HR, and SB for offense. For pitching: runs against, starters ERA, bullpen ERA, FIP, and pitching WAR. In addition to defensive efficiency, there is team ZR also.

Also noticed 'force lineup spot vLHP' and 'force lineup spot vRHP' in the player strategy tab. Don't remember that being there before.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 03-19-2019 at 01:53 AM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:35 AM   #351
italyprof
All Star Reserve

I mostly play random debut historical leagues. I like the new Beta version of OOTP 20 very much so far.

I have noticed a big change in the inaugural drafts for random debut. In the past, I have complained that it was hard to get a team started because so many of the players were at best part time or well past their prime or had 4 at-bats in a season.

This version has certainly fixed that problem, but I think it requires a little tweaking before the official version comes out.

I ran an inaugural draft - game starting in 1947, random debut from 1901 to 2001, and ended up with an All-star team - an admittedly late in career Mickey Mantle but still good, Bobby Murcer, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, one start pitcher after another mostly in or near their primes.

So, I decided to do another to see if it was a one-time thing. I ended up with Lou Gehrig, Rod Carew, George Brett, Cecil Travis, Johnny Bench (30 but still very good), Pete Rose, Stan Musial,

The staff was a little less overwhelming - Fergie Jenkins in his prime, Gaylord Perry, old but still very good, Doc Gooden at 29, Waite Hoyt in his prime.

But this team, though a few are only 20 and will need a couple seasons to develop, consists arguably of the best players every at catcher, first base, third base, left field, plus a many times batting champ and the player with the most hits ever. Seems a little over the top.

So, I do NOT want to go back to the days when you had to have a RD catcher with no at bats in the majors for the next five seasons and no bench of any value. But maybe toning down the new RD field a LITTLE (not a lot).

A 16-team league should have 14 teams with 8 position players having 400 plus at bats in the relevant season, rookies on the bench and four starters with 200 IP more or less. Two teams might need to start rookies or old guys, and will have thinner benches.

So, a via di mezzo as the Italians say - a Middle Way as Buddhists might put it.

But still an improvement over the frustration of enthusiastically building a league only to find that for five seasons you will have players who never really played in the majors at three positions while you wait for Curt Flood to reach the age of 21.

Compliments all around. Looking forward to the final version of OOTP20.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:49 AM   #352
Shake Appeal
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Also noticed 'force lineup spot vLHP' and 'force lineup spot vRHP' in the player strategy tab. Don't remember that being there before.
This is cool. I was always made when I constructed my roster specifically to take advantage of splits (especially at catcher), and my hardheaded manager just ignored me.
Shake Appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:55 AM   #353
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Also, what is the status of neutral states? Is it fixed?
Old 03-19-2019, 06:34 AM   #354
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Player Transactions News in News past 2018 season,Multi Team Trades,Import Draft Class,an option on Draft Screen to make a Trade and Personal Hall of Fame need to some how make it in this year's version.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:56 AM   #355
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
Any chance we could remove pitch count limits for any and all teams and/or leagues and/or minor league/college/high school/independent levels, if and when we might so desire and choose to do so? Just wondering, that's all. CD out.

Proverbs 16:7 KJV
Romans 12:18 KJV
Philippians 2:1-11 KJV

DeviantArt:

https://www.deviantart.com/clovidequano-dovatha

GBA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=316515

EC's IPA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=158631

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:15 AM   #356
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyprof View Post
Also, what is the status of neutral states? Is it fixed?
Sorry. That was supposed to read "neutral stats". I an not asking about Switzerland.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:03 AM   #357
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
Or something that can prevent five or six-person rotations, for instance, permanently or temporarily, in certain leagues and/or team levels, et cetera, if a player so wishes and/or requires at times? CD out.

Proverbs 16:7 KJV
Romans 12:18 KJV
Philippians 2:1-11 KJV

DeviantArt:

https://www.deviantart.com/clovidequano-dovatha

GBA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=316515

EC's IPA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=158631

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:07 PM   #358
AKAthatoneguy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
All-Star Break isn't been looked because missing is in News like saying this city has been awarded the All-Star Game in like 2021,Futures Game,Home Run Derby and replace Celebrity Game with a Hall of Fame Game guys from host city playing other Retired guys.
Wait, are those features included when you play a regular (MLB) game?

If so, any way to get them in a fictional league? I would love for my fictional league to have a HR Derby, Futures Game, etc. to liven things up and add some fun to the event.
AKAthatoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:09 PM   #359
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAthatoneguy View Post
Wait, are those features included when you play a regular (MLB) game?

If so, any way to get them in a fictional league? I would love for my fictional league to have a HR Derby, Futures Game, etc. to liven things up and add some fun to the event.
They're not in the game at all. Mgom typically has some ambitious ideas.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:47 PM   #360
Grafton19
Major Leagues

I like the force start in the batting order add
Grafton19 is offline   Reply With Quote