Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-05-2016, 07:18 PM   #21
jeheinz72
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Yep, you got it...no less than six of you came out of the woodwork to pile on a six-week-dead thread, some of you with ad hominem* attacks on me...but I'm the troll.

* ad hominem - Latin for "to the man." It means attacking someone personally, not arguing against what they have said.
Uh, yeah we did - because this is the Suggestions for Future Versions sub-forum and this is a feature we think would be nice to add since we enjoy our league and we think such a feature might be beneficial to all types of leagues - both online and offline. Call me crazy but I like to think Markus et al might take an idea as more beneficial if MORE people post about it. Crazy - I know.

Why are you still posting here? You gave your weak "help" of "Make a house rule!" then when we stated multiple times that we'd like to see it as a feature (since, ya know, again - we're in the Suggestions for Future Versions sub-forum) you trolled like a super-troll (even putting us in your sig - thanks for the pub! You're not Public Enemy #1 though - I doubt any of us give a dang about you aside from wanting you to shoo, so our suggestion - since we're in the Suggestions for Future Versions sub-forum - might get taken seriously).

It's only a 6-week old thread because our commish posted it 6 weeks ago and then told us about the thread a couple days ago. I didn't realize there was a statute of limitations on good ideas. Maybe in your world there is.

Shoo troll - we're trying to be actually productive. If this somehow does get added as a feature, you're welcome to make a house rule in your league to not use it.

Last edited by jeheinz72; 12-05-2016 at 07:20 PM.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 07:22 PM   #22
maddmaxx
Bat Boy

Quote:
Yep, you got it...no less than six of you came out of the woodwork to pile on a six-week-dead thread, some of you with ad hominem* attacks on me...but I'm the troll.

* ad hominem - Latin for "to the man." It means attacking someone personally, not arguing against what they have said.
I showed up to support the idea of adding an in game feature that I feel will improve the game. I said nothing about you. It took six weeks because I didn't realize an in game request was made until our commish mentioned it the other day.

I thought we were in the suggestion forum, didn't know we had to check with you first.

I don't really understand your urge to even comment, we aren't asking you for anything.

Would these count as ad hominem attacks, seems I saw them somewhere:

Quote:
"And if people are being a-holes and persisting in doing that even after it's a house rule, well - like I said, I wouldn't want to be in a league with them. Kick them out."

"Looks like we found someone who likes to game the system..."

"RANZBA is full of charming personalities like yourself, then it's definitely not for me."

"So if you quit coming into this forum, then why did you come back to specifically reply to this thread?

Did you answer Subby's RANZBA Bat Signal to pile on to this thread?

Curiousier and curiouser.."

Last edited by maddmaxx; 12-05-2016 at 07:25 PM.
maddmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 05:24 PM   #23
jimedrice
Minors (Triple A)

I'm bumping this after another 6 weeks as a nag to the powers that be.

Can we get a "turn off contract options" checkbox for OOTP 18?
Old 01-26-2017, 06:27 PM   #24
jeheinz72
Hall Of Famer

Make a house rule ya filthy animal!
Old 07-10-2017, 11:29 AM   #25
jimedrice
Minors (Triple A)

Bump for the next OOTP cycle.... How about a "No Options" option?
Old 07-10-2017, 12:55 PM   #26
jeheinz72
Hall Of Famer

Make a house rule!
Old 07-10-2017, 04:38 PM   #27
jimedrice
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Make a house rule!
Friggin' did! Just wish I didn't have to!

you're just a trollin' away ketchup man!

And how come no RANZBA in your sig man!

Last edited by jimedrice; 07-10-2017 at 04:41 PM.
jimedrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 05:49 PM   #28
jeheinz72
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimedrice View Post
And how come no RANZBA in your sig man!
Haha because I rarely go here anymore and I'm lazy. I'm in 5 leagues now, and only 1 of the 3 in my sig still exists. The one that does - NPBL was "present" in 2028 when I made that sig, and it's now in 2071. Isn't a fast-sim either so it had to be a solid 6-7 years ago

Last edited by jeheinz72; 07-10-2017 at 05:50 PM.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:22 PM   #29
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Edit: if i misunderstood the FA qualm from first post... i already hit submit so i cannot delete

---------------

i can se ethe op's frustration on most things.. just wanted to add somethign about FA....

if there is an outlandish request, you just have to wait until it drops. and, it will drop to a "normal" range for your league, even if a bit high or low relative to talent. all within reason

if someone is dumb enough to pay 40-50m/year for somethign that will be cheaper in 3-weeks, i'm happy that my competition is beeing foolish with their money.. any short-term gain is eclipsed in the long-run.

that's one abuse i never got into... putting huge amoutns of money into an option that will never be exercised. now, in the past i would spend 50-100M on international amatuer FA, though... or, even further back trade draft picks and get the first 3-5picks in any year :P everyone does something even if not as extreme.

Last edited by NoOne; 07-11-2017 at 03:24 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 04:45 PM   #30
DrRicherdKimble
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
How is this still not available???????????
DrRicherdKimble is offline   Reply With Quote