Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-24-2014, 04:02 PM   #21
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
What's wrong with applying a little self discipline and teaching oneself not to make simple mistakes, instead of relying on technology to correct the mistakes after they're made?
Really? That's what you're going with? Like jpeters, i'm struggling to understand why this is getting you so riled.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 04:13 PM   #22
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post
Really? That's what you're going with? Like jpeters, i'm struggling to understand why this is getting you so riled.
off topic, but nice logo

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 04:44 PM   #23
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
off topic, but nice logo
Thanks

It's courtesy of Hankyu Braves. You can see a big version in this thread: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...thank-you.html

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 04:51 PM   #24
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

I'd like to see this too.

Accidentally demoting/promoting the wrong guy is a fairly common mistake, especially if you're moving multiple players at once. There's obviously no gamey advantage to be gained by moving a guy up and down on the same day, so there's no reason not to have this in.

A prompt would get repetitive IMO... just having the ability to move someone back same day would work better.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 12:25 PM   #25
atlbravos
Bat Boy

I like seeing the instant mood change, but I feel like the effects of the mood change shouldn't initiate until the day has been completed? That way you still see exactly what's happening, but if there is a mistake, it can be fixed without issue.

Personally, I don't have a ton of time to fully manage the entire minor league system (playing with a modern MLB structure). Once or twice per season (sometimes more if there are significant roster moves), I'll have the AI automatically set the minors after my MLB roster is done. Then I'll go in and make a few specific changes. It saves me a TON of time and makes for a more enjoyable experience. However, this can lead to a few players being moved back and forth somewhat unnecessarily and does not need to impact their mood.

I do realize that you can "lock" players, and I do take advantage of this feature, but that's not the ultimate solution for me.
atlbravos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:32 PM   #26
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

The problem is that way too many guys get upset when demoted in the minors. Players should have some idea whether or not they are prospects (and how far along they are on that track) and respond accordingly. An org-filler guy who is barely playing in AA shouldn't get all that upset over getting sent down to high-A. He should be happy enough to still be in the org.
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:35 PM   #27
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivertheorem View Post
The problem is that way too many guys get upset when demoted in the minors. Players should have some idea whether or not they are prospects (and how far along they are on that track) and respond accordingly. An org-filler guy who is barely playing in AA shouldn't get all that upset over getting sent down to high-A. He should be happy enough to still be in the org.
That should really depend on their personality. I don't care who you are. If you are at AA and you are told you can't hack it, you are going to get down on your self. You may not be angry, but it's going to affect you

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:59 PM   #28
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

what if there were a system where you can execute the "day's transactions"? By this I mean...conduct all transactions in a day, and then be required to hit a submit & confirm button.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:17 AM   #29
rutri01
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlbravos View Post
I like seeing the instant mood change, but I feel like the effects of the mood change shouldn't initiate until the day has been completed? That way you still see exactly what's happening, but if there is a mistake, it can be fixed without issue.

Personally, I don't have a ton of time to fully manage the entire minor league system (playing with a modern MLB structure). Once or twice per season (sometimes more if there are significant roster moves), I'll have the AI automatically set the minors after my MLB roster is done. Then I'll go in and make a few specific changes. It saves me a TON of time and makes for a more enjoyable experience. However, this can lead to a few players being moved back and forth somewhat unnecessarily and does not need to impact their mood.

I do realize that you can "lock" players, and I do take advantage of this feature, but that's not the ultimate solution for me.
I'd like to see this too. If you demote someone and put them back before a sim there should be no change to morale. Kind of like saying send player A to AAA. then changing mind and sending player B down. Player A has no idea so he should't get upset.If you sim ahead then it should stick.
rutri01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:02 AM   #30
frangipard
OOTP Roster Team

By extension, I wish there was some way we could "confirm" roster moves in game. When doing double-switches and the like, I will occasionally drag and drop a players into the lineup in the "wrong" order and the game records players as having played positions they never did. (IOW, if you're making a mid-inning swap involving your P and 1B, you must put the new P in for the old 1B first; if you drag and drop the 1B to the current P spot, it will insert him as a P, not as a 1B).

I always fix it before I hit "return to game" but when I go into my team stats, I'll see that my 1B has appeared in howevermany games as a pitcher (with 0 IP). Annoys the hell out of me.

Last edited by frangipard; 02-26-2015 at 10:03 AM.
frangipard is offline   Reply With Quote