Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:58 PM   #1
DODO
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quick Question - Draft Compensation

In OOTP 2006, is there draft compensation for free agents leaving?

Tried finding the answer to this question and haven't found it, although admittidly not seaching that deep.

Last edited by DODO; 08-09-2007 at 06:00 PM.
DODO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:00 PM   #2
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Yes, though it's optional- you can find the option somewhere in Game Setup (probably under Rules or Options- don't play 2006 anymore!). Be warned, it doesn't quite work properly.
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:32 PM   #3
DODO
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the quick response.

I've looked through all the setup options and haven't found anything about it, but this is with the 06 demo (Currently trying to decide if I should buy or stay with the free '05 version, didn't really like the '07 version and I'm also extremely frugal). Is it an addition in the 6.5 expansion?
DODO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:01 PM   #4
injury log
Hall Of Famer

The demo is fully functional, so all the options should be there. The one issue is- I'm not sure at what point during the year you can change this setting. It will definitely be grayed out at certain times of the year (e.g. just after free agents file), so you might have to wait til the Preseason or Spring Training to change it. In '07, it's under Game Setup --> League Setup --> Rules, in among the long list of free agency options. The Setup menus didn't change too much from '06 to '07, so I'd guess that's where to look in '06 as well.
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:08 PM   #5
zekester91
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DODO View Post
(Currently trying to decide if I should buy or stay with the free '05 version, didn't really like the '07 version and I'm also extremely frugal). Is it an addition in the 6.5 expansion?
The '07 version is a much improved '06 version. '06 while a good game was a complete re-write and was let out well before it was ready. The 6.5 expansion pack works with version 6, which is not the same as the '06 version of the game. With the 6th instalment of OOTB Markus felt that he could not improve the game in it's current form and signed with Sports interactive to Help get new ideas and a new code base to take the game in a new direction.

If your looking at OOTP 6, it does not have Draft compensation, that is in the OOTPBM 2006 and OOTPB 2007. Is the game your looking at a single league or can it have multible leagues in one game. If it's single world only it's OOTP 6. 6.5 is an expantion pack to that.

If you like 5, 6 and the 6.5 expantion pack are a great game, but might be hard to get support for as Marckus and company have moved on and I don't know how many people view those bords. 2006 should be avoided even if you can find it. 2007 is a big game and can be a lot of fun once you get over the learning curve.

The road was closed while the Hartford Police Department's bomb squad came and blew up the chicken.
zekester91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:14 PM   #6
ChinoNYC
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quick question. I just recently purchased OOTP 2006 for Mac. Are these bugs also present in the Mac version as it is in the PC version?? I noticed that when I start a new fictional league circa 1996, I put my birth year as 1976, yet somehow once the game starts, my manager profile lists me as being born in 1966. I'm using version 1.0.3.
ChinoNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #7
P1987
Bat Boy

Mine is in game set up and i am running 5. hope you find it.
P1987 is offline   Reply With Quote