Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-02-2019, 10:26 AM   #61
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
This seems like a big troll job. How can you mistake a winning percentage by that much? It's the difference between losing just about every single game and losing only half of them. How can a team possibly earn just 166 PP in 10 calendar days? That's an outright lie for several reasons. Look at all the quick sold cards. How were there that many of them if packs weren't being bought again and again?
Not to mention in his lineup and pitching screenshots most of the players had played only a handful of games or made only one start, meaning they were just acquired.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:27 PM   #62
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

I'm not trolling. I truly have no idea what I'm talking about. But you guys have helped me enough where the team has gotten better over the last few days. I thank you for it.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:32 PM   #63
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
This seems like a big troll job. How can you mistake a winning percentage by that much? It's the difference between losing just about every single game and losing only half of them. How can a team possibly earn just 166 PP in 10 calendar days? That's an outright lie for several reasons. Look at all the quick sold cards. How were there that many of them if packs weren't being bought again and again?

I had already told you guys had collected like 10-12 packs from the intial onslaught and had sold all the good players from that without realizing I should have sold my entire reserve roster as well. Hence, while waiting for responses I took it upon myself to sell my crap cards to see if they would amass to enough PP to matter. At least they netted me a couple small upgrades.

And again, thanks for all of the help everyone.

I'm not sure why when someone has no idea what they're doing it immediately gets someone calling them a troll. A troll wouldn't be using screenshots. Clearly I misunderstood a few things, and even admitted it once or twice in the thread.

I'm trying to educate myself on things that confuse me.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:34 PM   #64
zrog2000
All Star Starter

nevermind
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:37 PM   #65
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
I had already told you guys had collected like 10-12 packs from the intial onslaught and had sold all the good players from that without realizing I should have sold my entire reserve roster as well. Hence, while waiting for responses I took it upon myself to sell my crap cards to see if they would amass to enough PP to matter. At least they netted me a couple small upgrades.

I'm not sure why when someone has no idea what they're doing it immediately gets someone calling them a troll. A troll wouldn't be using screenshots. Clearly I misunderstood a few things, and even admitted it once or twice in the thread.

No worries, friend. This game can be super confusing. It is easy for some of us older idiots like me to not realize just how confusing it can be. Please let us know if you have more questions or need any additional help

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:42 PM   #66
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post

You've completely exaggerated way too often. There's no way that you got 166 PP from achievements in 10 days. That is literally impossible because of the guaranteed PP achievements that you always get. There's no way that you won 14 games in a season like you posted in another thread. There's no way you could mistake the league number for your winning percentage. Did you even look at the standings or your schedule?
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:58 PM   #67
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Speaking of my confusion. I am still confused about something else. Is it normal for players with very solid batting eyes to be hitting below medoza? I have SIX players currently hitting below mendoza who are very good players. I don't understand...isn't this the easy level? Are the levels picked completely randomly? Or is my team of 70-79's going up against teams of like 100+ players? I understand one or EVEN TWO of them having a bad season or slump, but SIX, and all under the Mendoza line? Something doesn't make sense there...

I used my points to get as many guys with high eye and contact ratings as I could, so this should definitely not be happening...unless I'm doing something wrong?
Old 03-02-2019, 05:00 PM   #68
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Sorry I meant 5. I was counting the 2 who had .000 but I just added them and they didn't have any at-bats yet...
Attached Images
Old 03-02-2019, 05:17 PM   #69
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Small sample sizes. They should normalize over time.

If they continue to underperform long term, then there may be other factors affecting them, such as ballpark tendencies, additional ratings (like a poor avoid k), or just a bad card. However, the amount of time they've had to produce is not yet enough to draw many assumptions.

Primary Team

Old 03-02-2019, 06:35 PM   #70
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

I know it's a small sample, but using my knowledge of regular baseball, even the WORST teams in baseball don't have FIVE players batting under mendoza. Ive been following for almost 30 years and I've never seen that, and I've seen some epically bad teams, even ones tanking, who didn't have that level of slump from players and accept it...

I could be wrong, but I can't think of one.
Old 03-02-2019, 06:50 PM   #71
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Your expecting too much too quickly.

Here is Max Scherzer, a 97 Diamond SP with a 99/52/61 set of numbers.

9 Starts, 4-4, 6.71 ERA, -0.2 WAR

S__t happens sometimes.
Attached Images

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:31 PM   #72
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Batting eye affects walks for the most part. You need high contact for a high average. Merrifield will improve with a larger sample, but the others you posted just won't hit for a good average.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:36 PM   #73
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
You've completely exaggerated way too much.There's no way that you won 14 games in a season like you posted in another thread. There's no way you could mistake the league number for your winning percentage. Did you even look at the standings or your schedule?

My apologies, once again, at my misunderstanding. I explained why I mistook the win % for the league number. That was a big mistake.

As for the 14 games thing, it was figured out by someone else that I was looking at the entry level league or whatever it's called, and I was only in it for a couple days, so that skewed my win totals.

I'm sorry I made mistakes.

For the third time, I'm just trying to get help. If you think I'm lying or misrepresenting, then don't help. I'm posting pics of everything I can now that I know how to, so that people will stop thinking I'm "lying" or whatever.

I'm sorry I made mistakes. I'm human.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:00 PM   #74
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Welcome to the forums. Many here think this is not a toxic community.

Many here are dumb.

Primary Team

Old 03-02-2019, 10:20 PM   #75
BidPro
Minors (Single A)

Never let fools in a forum get to you. You owe them nothing.
BidPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:26 PM   #76
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Trying to adjust my bullpen...

And I have a very low overall rated player but has ridiculously high STU rating and excellent pitch ratings... Should I keep or replace with a more well-rounded player?
Attached Images
Old 03-03-2019, 02:10 AM   #77
justpatrick
Major Leagues

I wouldn´t keep this guy for two reasons: First, while his stuff is great his movement is quite poor. That will lead to homeruns. Second, his control is quite poor. Bad movement and bad control is a lethal combination. When this guy comes in with men on base you can look forward to a lot of two and three run homers with a liberal mix of grand slams.
As for the pitches, I haven´t been able to find out what effect the number and quality have on a pitcher´s results, but I imagine two, despite being quite good, are not okay. Maybe someone here can chime in on that aspect and enlighten us all.

Last edited by justpatrick; 03-03-2019 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Don´t trust spellcheck
justpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:51 AM   #78
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Last edited by old timer; 03-03-2019 at 05:16 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:45 AM   #79
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpatrick View Post
I wouldn´t keep this guy for two reasons: First, while his stuff is great his movement is quite poor. That will lead to homeruns. Second, his control is quite poor. Bad movement and bad control is a lethal combination. When this guy comes in with men on base you can look forward to a lot of two and three run homers with a liberal mix of grand slams.
As for the pitches, I haven´t been able to find out what effect the number and quality have on a pitcher´s results, but I imagine two, despite being quite good, are not okay. Maybe someone here can chime in on that aspect and enlighten us all.

So basically it's better to have a guy with 3 50's across the board than have a guy with a 100-35-35? So is that just there to tease and confuse us? If I put a guy like that on my team in a normal sim he would have a high whip but would dominate as a mid relief or even a stopper...

It's just so rare to see 100 STU...I'm not sure I've ever seen it until now.

Last edited by Findest2001; 03-03-2019 at 08:46 AM. Reason: missed something
Old 03-03-2019, 08:56 AM   #80
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Here is my lineup and pitching for next season thanks to all your suggestions.
Isd it possible I'll have a winning record?
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Findest2001; 03-03-2019 at 08:57 AM. Reason: missed pics