Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-05-2019, 02:16 PM   #41
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
I'm not sure I like this feature, for many of the same reasons I dislike injuries. Hopefully it doesn't happen often. I wouldn't know though, since I never check my team's box scores...
Suspensions I believe are off in PT. Ejections are pretty rare, but it's nice to have some things in the game that force you to have some backups, otherwise it would be too easy to run minimal rosters. Similar reason to why we turn up fatigue a little in PT leagues.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 02:28 PM   #42
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post
The Hoggs staggered through April, finishing 10-16. Just when it looked like they were turning the corner they lost the last 3 of the month, 2 of them in extras. We're 3 games below Pythag, with our starting pitchers ranked 13th. Defensive efficiency is a poor .687. Some of that might be down to bad luck, some of it might be due to training Socks Seybold at LF (I've abandoned that strategy). It's been ticking upwards since moving Seybold back to DH - the ERA of my flyball pitchers has been trending downwards, too.

Have decided to send Paul Waner to reserves in place of Matty Alou, who can provide adequate OF backup, both offensively and defensively.

It sounds like you're just having a combination of bad luck plus you tried out some new things that might not have gone so well. But considering your past records, I imagine you'll have a good shot at making the playoffs again.

I'm doing surprisingly well so far in D386 (wishing you were here!). I figured I'd probably get blown out in this league, but we're in a virtual tie for 1st at the beginning of May.
Attached Images
Old 02-05-2019, 02:41 PM   #43
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
It sounds like you're just having a combination of bad luck plus you tried out some new things that might not have gone so well. But considering your past records, I imagine you'll have a good shot at making the playoffs again.

I'm doing surprisingly well so far in D386 (wishing you were here!). I figured I'd probably get blown out in this league, but we're in a virtual tie for 1st at the beginning of May.
Go the Clippers! Show those mini-whales who's boss!

We're 6-2 to start May. 16-18. Still 3 games below Pythag, so we should be 19-15 Bullpen ERA has improved to 3.00 (5th overall), while our rotation's ERA is at 4.50 (blown out a bit by Dizzy Dean giving up 9ER in 5 innings his last start - he's been either hot or cold every start so far this season).

Seybold is hitting .192/.270/.440, his BABIP .180. Of his 24 hits, 14 have been for extra-bases (5 doubles, 1 triple, 8 bleacher features).

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:16 PM   #44
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Go the Clippers! Show those mini-whales who's boss!

Hey!! Don't have to be SO biased in your cheering there!! We have feelings too ya know!!

Just be glad you aren't in P411 having to face THIS guy in your division...

Must suck having to keep three non-perfects on your roster. Sheesh. Surprise... he's leading our division. (But I'm proud to say I've split with him so far... nya nya...)
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:18 PM   #45
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
He smoked me in a WS two seasons ago. I was proud to win one game.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:19 PM   #46
mess
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Hey!! Don't have to be SO biased in your cheering there!! We have feelings too ya know!!

Must suck having to keep three non-perfects on your roster. Sheesh. Surprise... he's leading our division. (But I'm proud to say I've split with him so far... nya nya...)
Jesus christ.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:20 PM   #47
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Pfft, he's lost 10 games. He's obviously a poor manager...

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
Old 02-05-2019, 03:42 PM   #48
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mess View Post
The schedules are based on real historic MLB schedules, right? I'm sure we can do some cyber sleuthing and figure this one out.
So, I just noticed how really jacked up this is, so perhaps I can get some help finding the real team. I'm on a 51-game stretch with no break right now. The two days that look like they should have breaks are filled with a 1-game series. I'm guessing this is a team that had rainout issues.

I'm not going to come out of this very well because I run just a 6-man bullpen and I don't have any bodies to swap in.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 02-05-2019 at 03:44 PM.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:54 PM   #49
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
So, I just noticed how really jacked up this is, so perhaps I can get some help finding the real team. I'm on a 51-game stretch with no break right now. The two days that look like they should have breaks are filled with a 1-game series. I'm guessing this is a team that had rainout issues.

I'm not going to come out of this very well because I run just a 6-man bullpen and I don't have any bodies to swap in.
There was a problem with the scheduling in certain leagues, teams were missing games. We had to manually (automatically? I mean obviously we wrote an algorithm to do it but you know what I mean) fill in the missing games to get everyone to 162, so I'm guessing it tried to find gaps in the schedule when it could, which unfortunately left you with a long string of games.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:59 PM   #50
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
There was a problem with the scheduling in certain leagues, teams were missing games. We had to manually (automatically? I mean obviously we wrote an algorithm to do it but you know what I mean) fill in the missing games to get everyone to 162, so I'm guessing it tried to find gaps in the schedule when it could, which unfortunately left you with a long string of games.
Thanks for the info. This stretch sucks, but the 3 long breaks will be to my advantage, so it's not all bad. I'm probably getting crushed in this league anyway.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:37 PM   #51
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Okay offense you can come around now. The big anomalies (I hope) in my offense
  • Perfect Mike Trout is batting .211 (this is in Silver league)
  • If I combined Trout (92 HR) and Albert Belle's (86 HR) HR totals together that number still would not be in the top 10 in the league
  • Ozzie Smith in the leadoff spot has on 2 fewer RBIs than Belle in he clean up spot.

The middle of my order needs to step it up.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:39 PM   #52
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Pfft, he's lost 10 games. He's obviously a poor manager...

LOL Unfortunately he is now on a 15-game win streak and sits at 34-10.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:07 PM   #53
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
LOL Unfortunately he is now on a 15-game win streak and sits at 34-10.
Okay I'll shut up now

Old 02-05-2019, 09:10 PM   #54
joehart
All Star Starter

To be honest, I would rather face a 20+ perfect card team than the Yaks or other teams that are very well planned out with just 2 perfect cards. I was in a league with the Quasars last season and he did not win the championship.

I have a feeling another team will manage to defeat him in the playoffs. Good luck.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 01:32 AM   #55
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post

Somehow 21-14 so far on my 51-game stretch. In 1st place after being 8-13 prior to this. Can I go without rest the remainder of the season?
Old 02-06-2019, 01:45 AM   #56
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Here's a perfect example why we need more complex substitution options.

So, I've got an OF of DiMaggio training in LF, Trout in CF, and Fred Lynn in RF. Sheffield is my backup.

Given the defensive ratings, why would I ever want to have Sheffield play CF when Trout is out? Lynn should shift to CF and Sheffield go to RF. Instead, Sheff has had 3 starts in CF, posting a -0.7 ZR. That's not ideal.
Attached Images

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 02-06-2019 at 01:47 AM.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:35 AM   #57
Izz
Hall Of Famer

The Hoggs were hot for most of May before once again losing their last 3 games. But when that drops you to 'only' 18-10 for the month that doesn't hurt quite so much. We're now 28-26, 3rd in the division and 1 game ahead in the second wildcard. The 2 teams ahead of me in our division, the Tampa Bay Rays and the Northern Bears, share the best record in the conference, at 31-23. That is also the record I should have, according to Mr James' Pythagorean Theorem of Baseball.

We made one change during the month. Saved up enough PP to add Will Smith to the pen. Sent Will Harris, whose FIP and ERA were both over 5. He'll get a recall if/when Joakim Soria starts regressing to FIP (1.69 ERA to 4.33 FIP).

We're now 2nd in runs scored and BA, 5th in runs against and starter's ERA, and 4th in bullpen ERA. Our defensive efficiency is back up to 3rd. Our runs differential is +44.

We open up June with 3 games against the Chili Chili Peppers, who are 25-29 but look like a much better team than that. We've already played them 6 times and they're 5-1 up over us.

Old 02-06-2019, 05:39 AM   #58
Kushiel
All Star Starter

The Yaks held to a decent May managing to win 19 games against 9 losses and currently sit atop the NC East of P412 with a 39-15 record.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:53 AM   #59
joehart
All Star Starter

Wow. Very amazed at how efficient your Yaks team is. I still lose a few games here and there due to over-extended bullpen or poor pitching.
Hope you can add another PL trophy. Any of the top whales in your league?
Still waiting on 3-4 players to appear in the AC to make some addl. adjustments.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:11 AM   #60
Maddox
All Star Reserve

I am still in first place, nine games above .500 but the middle of the order guys, who I have primarily for their bats are both hitting < .220 with limited power after two full months of the season.

Perfect Mike Trout was the MVP last year in my silver league and Albert Belle was the HR leader in my league. This year neither are hitting for average (both under .220) or power (their combined HR total would not even put them among the league leaders). The only saving grace is that Trout still is drawing a lot of walks.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote