Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-20-2019, 06:00 PM   #81
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
I'll update my thoughts on him: Paul Blair is unplayable in Diamond and Perfect Leagues vs. any handedness
Ah, this take makes a lot more sense, considering the similarity of many of his splits.

He was my starting CF in Perfect for 4 seasons. In 2 of those seasons, he managed a Batting Average over .270, OPS over .750, and an OPS+ of 102. [LATE EDIT: In the other 2, he performs very similar to the slash line Orcin posted] In other words, he was nowhere near my worst player, but yeah, he definitely projects no better than a bench piece long term before being pushed to the reserve roster. As a no-money team though, he has absolutely been worth every point I paid for him.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team

Last edited by Dogberry99; 02-20-2019 at 06:02 PM.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 12:28 AM   #82
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Okay Maddox now has Garry Maddox in CF and has swapped Trout to left and moved Suzuki to the outfield sub. Hopefully trout can perform offensively to make up for his defensive lack in LF until he is trained up.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 12:41 AM   #83
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
Okay Maddox now has Garry Maddox in CF and has swapped Trout to left and moved Suzuki to the outfield sub. Hopefully trout can perform offensively to make up for his defensive lack in LF until he is trained up.

Someone who's a regular on the forum has a LF Trout that has been LIGHTS OUT for years... something along the lines of 6 straight MVP's and a bunch of gold gloves? Brain fart who it is, but if I could find a CF I like better consistently I'd throw my Trout in left too.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 01:14 AM   #84
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
Someone who's a regular on the forum has a LF Trout that has been LIGHTS OUT for years... something along the lines of 6 straight MVP's and a bunch of gold gloves? Brain fart who it is, but if I could find a CF I like better consistently I'd throw my Trout in left too.
From what I understand Trout will be an absolute stud in LF. The problem is that for about half a season he will be mediocre, the another quarter of a season he will be just average. It will take him almost a full season to become good at it and maybe a little bit longer to become maxxed out.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:57 PM   #85
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
It's me. He only went 5 straight MVPs before losing last season with a measly 8.0 WAR. He's leading WAR by 0.5 points this season, so he's on track for #6.

And even more relevant to this discussion, he's on a 4 Gold Glove streak in LF. He's leading LF in ZR by 10.6 points and Defensive Efficiency by .103, so he's pretty much a lock at the mid-point for his 5th straight.

He's been a very good hitter the whole time, but his absolute domination defending LF has won him several of those MVP awards.
Attached Images
Image Image 
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 03:03 PM   #86
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
From what I understand Trout will be an absolute stud in LF. The problem is that for about half a season he will be mediocre, the another quarter of a season he will be just average. It will take him almost a full season to become good at it and maybe a little bit longer to become maxxed out.
Don't worry about the training. He did 54 games in LF before his first full season there (and put up positive numbers) and he's won a GG every full season. Now is the time to make the move because you'll get the first ~80 games out of the way.
Attached Images

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 02-21-2019 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Gold Gloves highlighted
Old 02-21-2019, 03:19 PM   #87
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
Don't worry about the training. He did 54 games in LF before his first full season there (and put up positive numbers) and he's won a GG every full season. Now is the time to make the move because you'll get the first ~80 games out of the way.
I made the switch last night when I posted that I finally had Garry Maddox on my team.

I have actually seen Maddox play in person. I remember going to a Cardinals game back in the day when they were playing the Phillies.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:53 PM   #88
daveh2018
Minors (Double A)

Anyone train Simmons in CF? If so, did it take awhile and what did he get to?

I have nearly finished his INF training (only 1B is below 95), so I have him playing CF since beginning of season to start the OF training set.

Last edited by daveh2018; 02-27-2019 at 10:54 PM.
daveh2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:58 PM   #89
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveh2018 View Post
Anyone train Simmons in CF? If so, did it take awhile and what did he get to?

I have nearly finished his INF training (only 1B is below 95), so I have him playing CF since beginning of season to start the OF training set.
He'll get to around 44. It's the only position he should avoid (well, catcher, too). RF is his second worse at around 83, which is excellent for a 6th worst position.