Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-22-2019, 05:17 PM   #61
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbeene View Post
This is exactly why I lost interest in the real game (sports in general) after being avid rabid fan.... that and steroids
Can't even relate

The whole reason i got OTPBB is do play with teams prior to say 1990.
I'm on board with your sentiment. I played in a Strat-O-Matic play by mail league from 1979 until 2000, so my interest extends a little further, but quickly fell off the cliff in the new millennium.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 07:15 AM   #62
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Real League Standings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
Congratulations to the Butchers for winning it all!

We picked up several new teams in our Silver League including several historical themed teams including

The Chicago Hitmen
Cooperstown Hall of Famers
Old York Yankopolitans
Houston Colt .45's
Brisbane Brewers

After scanning the rosters, only Cooperstown met the criteria for inclusion, so the battle for Real League supremacy comes down to the late September Cooperstown-Gas House match-up. All other teams have finished their Real League schedules. Cooperstown needs two of three to hold off Port Ruppert. It's still possible that two Real League teams could meet in the World Series.

By the way, last season's Real League winners, the Aceldama Butchers are tenuously holding on to a relegation safe spot. in Gold. Hope I did(n't) just jinx them.

Best of luck to all going forward.
Attached Images
Old 02-23-2019, 11:45 AM   #63
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

You guys FTP?
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 04:17 PM   #64
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Yes

The first page of this thread lays it out. Bottom Of The Sixth, whose idea it is, explains all.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:21 AM   #65
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Final (?) Real League Standings

After a shocking, late-inning, collapse cost the Cooperstown Hall of Famers (HOFers) the Real League title in the season's final game, talk quickly turned to rumors swirling about the League's future.

There are reports that league founder Bottom Of The Sixth (BOTS) will move his Gas House Gorillas next season. It is also rumored that the Port Ruppert Mundys, who leap-frogged into the top spot with the Cooperstown loss, may follow the Kakoola Reapers, last year's Real League champ, into a rival league. Negotiations are said to be currently underway. (Aside - If Port Ruppert does well in the playoffs, they will be promoted out)

What it all means is that the League faces a future with only three squads remaining in the already diminutive league. There could also be legal entanglements, given BOTS league trademark rights and his team's departure.

The Gorillas last act in the league was to put a dagger in the heart of Cooperstown fans. With HOFers ace Bob Gibson clinging to a 2-1 lead with two outs in the 8th, the Gorillas' Tim Raines launched a two-run homer. Gas House sealed the deal with four more runs in the top of the ninth to win, 7-2, handing Port Ruppert the crown by the slimmest of margins.
Attached Images
Old 02-24-2019, 07:45 PM   #66
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
After a shocking, late-inning, collapse cost the Cooperstown Hall of Famers (HOFers) the Real League title in the season's final game, talk quickly turned to rumors swirling about the League's future.

There are reports that league founder Bottom Of The Sixth (BOTS) will move his Gas House Gorillas next season. It is also rumored that the Port Ruppert Mundys, who leap-frogged into the top spot with the Cooperstown loss, may follow the Kakoola Reapers, last year's Real League champ, into a rival league. Negotiations are said to be currently underway. (Aside - If Port Ruppert does well in the playoffs, they will be promoted out)

What it all means is that the League faces a future with only three squads remaining in the already diminutive league. There could also be legal entanglements, given BOTS league trademark rights and his team's departure.

The Gorillas last act in the league was to put a dagger in the heart of Cooperstown fans. With HOFers ace Bob Gibson clinging to a 2-1 lead with two outs in the 8th, the Gorillas' Tim Raines launched a two-run homer. Gas House sealed the deal with four more runs in the top of the ninth to win, 7-2, handing Port Ruppert the crown by the slimmest of margins.
Boy, the Gorillas killed me this year, and was surprised to see them go. Things looked good when I went to bed. Hopefully the Gorillas can make a quick u-turn and rejoin us next year.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 08:14 PM   #67
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Yes, the Baseball Gods were not on our side as the Gas House gang went 2-8 in the last ten games of the season to finish with the clubs worst record 65-97 since the team was created 12 seasons ago.

Hoping a few seasons down in Bronze will pump some new life and blood into my players. With them being forced to now ride a bus to and from their games and having to carry their own equipment bags, it should provide enough of the shock treatment that they will be itching to getting back in to the Silver League; The League of Milk & Honey!

No worries Stanley, as when the league was formed, I added some "League Friendly Team Clauses" just in in case things "hit the fan"! ;-)

As Arnold once said...I'll Be Back!...Hopefully stronger than ever!
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 04:52 PM   #68
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Demise of the Real League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
Yes, the Baseball Gods were not on our side as the Gas House gang went 2-8 in the last ten games of the season to finish with the clubs worst record 65-97 since the team was created 12 seasons ago.

Hoping a few seasons down in Bronze will pump some new life and blood into my players. With them being forced to now ride a bus to and from their games and having to carry their own equipment bags, it should provide enough of the shock treatment that they will be itching to getting back in to the Silver League; The League of Milk & Honey!

No worries Stanley, as when the league was formed, I added some "League Friendly Team Clauses" just in in case things "hit the fan"! ;-)

As Arnold once said...I'll Be Back!...Hopefully stronger than ever!

What a bummer! Got home from work and fired up OOTP, hoping that Cooperstown HOFers had remained in the league, to find that the Patriots were in another silver league. Port Ruppert and Kakoola remain, but are in separate conferences, and don't play each other at all during the regular season. Can't imagine they'll be facing off in the World Series.

Hope that the Gorillas and Patriots will post here on occasion, since I don't think there's a way to check on other leagues. It was great for the two seasons it worked and I hope we get together again soon.

Many thanks. By the way, I'm considering a new Kakoola logo until we meet up again. What do you think?
Attached Images
Old 02-25-2019, 10:25 PM   #69
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What a bummer! Got home from work and fired up OOTP, hoping that Cooperstown HOFers had remained in the league, to find that the Patriots were in another silver league. Port Ruppert and Kakoola remain, but are in separate conferences, and don't play each other at all during the regular season. Can't imagine they'll be facing off in the World Series.

Hope that the Gorillas and Patriots will post here on occasion, since I don't think there's a way to check on other leagues. It was great for the two seasons it worked and I hope we get together again soon.

Many thanks. By the way, I'm considering a new Kakoola logo until we meet up again. What do you think?
Boy, the hazards of multiple accounts. I have to apologize because I screwed up and made updates to the wrong team. I've made the corrections to my friends list now, although they won't be updated until next week. Sorry about that.

I like the new logo. The Patriots are on an island on our own. We started the season 12-10, 2 games out of the division, and a half game out of the Wild Card. We're on our annual hunt for one more pitcher to round out our rotation.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:25 PM   #70
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Greetings from Bronze Land.

My Gas House Gang started out 6-1 (best start in the team's history) and we are currently sitting at 25-15.

So far we've been been able to stay within the top six in the power rankings while fielding a ALL-Bronze rated team, which has already proved to be very fun as there is very little pressure if you field just Bronze rated players.

So far I've seen one team, that also happens to be in my division, that has all Gold and Diamond rated players, that owns me.

Time Will Tell
Old 03-02-2019, 05:21 AM   #71
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Hoping for Reunion of Real League

I thought the Aceldama Butchers were an improved team going into the season, but, without a hot September, they may face relegation (again) after two seasons in Gold.

The Port Ruppert Mundys and Kakoola Reapers, also upgraded, or so I thought, are both mediocre, but are fairly likely to remain in Silver.

That said, I'm hoping the Gas House Gorillas are tearing up the Bronze League, preparing for a triumphant return to the Real League. As much as I'd like to see the Philadelphia Patriots in the Real League again, I hope they're prospering this season.

Is there a way to follow teams in other leagues?

Yes, I'm up at 5. Have to clean up the snow because I need to go out later. Won't be able to check in on my teams until later in the day, but it doesn't seem like I'll be missing much.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:38 AM   #72
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

There's Always Next Year!

The 2031 season proved to be Déjà vu for the Gas House Gang.

The Gorillas came out of the starting gate on fire and at one point were enjoying a 18 games above .500 record. After the All-Star Break, the Gas House Gang started to loose their mojo. As several of the other teams got alot stronger, the Gorillas potent offense struggled and the wheels fell off their "magical" season.

We somehow managed to only finish two games above .500 with a record of 82-80 which marked the first "winning" season the team had in the last six years.

On the positive side, the team's acquired some new ammunition that should help them in their battle to make a playoff push for the first time since 2022.

Time Will Tell

Last edited by Bottom Of The Sixth; 03-03-2019 at 09:41 AM.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:15 PM   #73
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Wait 'Til (the Year after) Next Year!

The Aceldama Butchers' second season in Gold proved to be more than they could handle. After a winning month in April, they began their descent to relegation, where, hopefully, they will rejoin the Port Ruppert Mundys, Kakoola Reapers, and the Philadelphia Patriots (provided they don't get promoted).

Thanks for the update. See you down the road.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:17 PM   #74
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The Aceldama Butchers' second season in Gold proved to be more than they could handle. After a winning month in April, they began their descent to relegation, where, hopefully, they will rejoin the Port Ruppert Mundys, Kakoola Reapers, and the Philadelphia Patriots (provided they don't get promoted).

Thanks for the update. See you down the road.
The jury is out on the Patriots. We did make the playoffs, but I haven't been home all day. I don't like my chances of promotion though, so we'll probably be back in silver
Old 03-03-2019, 05:30 PM   #75
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Interested in joining with y'all. What do I do?
Old 03-03-2019, 05:38 PM   #76
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Read Through This Thread

Bottom of the Sixth laid out the criteria. Check it out to see if it works for you.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:49 PM   #77
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Bottom of the Sixth laid out the criteria. Check it out to see if it works for you.
I'm totally down. No MLB live and no future legend cards and f2p, eh? I can join up and get into compliance before the season starts on Monday.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:51 PM   #78
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
I'm totally down. No MLB live and no future legend cards and f2p, eh? I can join up and get into compliance before the season starts on Monday.
What's your user name?
Old 03-03-2019, 07:52 PM   #79
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
The jury is out on the Patriots. We did make the playoffs, but I haven't been home all day. I don't like my chances of promotion though, so we'll probably be back in silver
The Patriots had no playoff luck as expected, so we'll be back next year. I double checked my friends list and settings after last week too.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:56 PM   #80
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
What's your user name?
omgpuppies