Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-23-2019, 03:32 PM   #1
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Arrow Looking For Possible Silver Level "League Friends"

Today Markus announced that with the new release update scheduled for 01/28, that PT players can create "friends leagues".

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=297975

I am curious if there are any OOTP PT players that set-up and play their PT games like I do.

I have only ONE team and I am currently in a Silver Level League and have been for the past 7 PT seasons.

The ONLY PP I use is the PP that is earned from achievements in my games and from selling off any baseball cards that I don't want; I don't buy additional PP to use.

I choose to play and NOT to have any baseball cards that are of players from the 2018 Live or the Future Legend cards sets.

That means I use only players that can be found on the following cards:

One Hit Wonder
Rookie Sensation
All-Time Legend
Historical All-Star
Record-Breaker
Unsung Heroes
Top WAR Season

If anyone doesn't buy additional PP, and sets up their team and enjoys playing the way I like to and would be interested in possibly "teaming up" in the same SILVER LEAGUE to play, with an understanding and agreement of what I listed above, let me know.

Thanks in Advance,

Bottom Of The Sixth

Last edited by Bottom Of The Sixth; 03-04-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 07:49 AM   #2
joehart
All Star Starter

I like the idea but unfortunately, we may have to wait until OOTP20 or a demotion
Our lowest team jumped to Gold after several seasons of Bronze and Silver.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 12:02 AM   #3
Cluboris
Bat Boy

Sounds cool, I have a second team that I have restricted in a similar fashion. I only buy silver cards with achievement points, any other cards I use are pulls only or came from my starter packs.

I don't restrict card type, however. cluboris2 is the username if you want to add me.
Cluboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:32 AM   #4
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

I would be interested. I only have a few live cards on my team now that I have no problem selling.
ripitback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:03 AM   #5
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripitback View Post
I would be interested. I only have a few live cards on my team now that I have no problem selling.

What user name do you use, in your game?
Old 01-27-2019, 03:51 PM   #6
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
What user name do you use, in your game?

My username is theviz. I have sold off my live cards.
Old 01-27-2019, 03:57 PM   #7
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
My username is theviz. I have sold off my live cards.

OK, I found you and have you flagged as a friend and you will have to do the same for me.

From what I understand, if you flag someone as a friend, they get NO notification that you have done so.

My user name in-game is the same user name as in this forum.

Last edited by Bottom Of The Sixth; 01-27-2019 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:13 PM   #8
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
From what I understand, if you flag someone as a friend, they get NO notification that you have done so.
Correct, there is no notification.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:41 PM   #9
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

Thanks, I added you as well.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:13 PM   #10
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Don't forget to go into your game and under "Profile & Settings" make sure you have selected "Use Friends List" for the setting "League Placement Setting".
Old 01-27-2019, 05:53 PM   #11
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Don't forget to go into your game and under "Profile & Settings" make sure you have selected "Use Friends List" for the setting "League Placement Setting".
Use Friends is selected. Did you get any other takers?
Old 01-27-2019, 05:58 PM   #12
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

No, you are it so far.

It appears either not many people play our way, they are in other levels, or they just don't know about this league idea.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:23 PM   #13
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

The no live card makes it a little tough. I had 6 cards I had to unload. Don't they make up 75 percent of the cards? It would be great if you could look at peoples teams and recruit them.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:45 PM   #14
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
The no live card makes it a little tough. I had 6 cards I had to unload. Don't they make up 75 percent of the cards? It would be great if you could look at peoples teams and recruit them.

I greatly appreciate you trying this format out however, you could have just made those Live players inactive on your roster, unless you needed the PP to make up for not being able to use them.

That way if you get promoted, demoted, or decide to go on a different friends list, you would still have those Live players.

I agree with you 100% that it would be nice to have the option to look at other teams, that are not in your league.

A few seasons ago, there were 1-2 other teams in my league that were set up exactly like mine.

Who they are, and what league/level they are in now, I don't know.

Yes, Live cards make up something like 80% of the cards available, which makes getting the other "good" cards harder to get from opening a foil pack.

Last edited by Bottom Of The Sixth; 01-27-2019 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:04 PM   #15
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

I needed the money to replace them. It may take awhile, but it will be a cool league when we have a large percentage of friends playing in it. I think my team is a solid silver team. I am not anticipating getting promoted or relegated. Do you typically use earned PP's in the auction house or buy packs?

Last edited by ripitback; 01-27-2019 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:24 PM   #16
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Up until this last season, I thought I was a solid Silver Level team also however, this past season (my 8th) I got smoked, finishing 20 games below .500 making it my worst season to date.

I had several players who on my team historically would have batting averages in the upper .200 -.300+ range who all decided at once that they couldn't hit a beach ball and were lucky to bat .250. And 95% of the players I attempted to use to take their place struggled also.

In the past, I've used both the auction house and foil packs to acquire new players.

I have been pretty content on my team for the past few seasons, so 99% of the time now, I am buying a foil pack when I earn enough PP.

I'll highly doubt I'll never see the day to earn enough to be able to get any diamond or perfect cards of players from the Golden Age of Baseball in the Auction House, so my hope is to get one in a foil pack.

I have 3 catchers, all Bronze, that at some point I want to upgrade. From what I have seen so far, good catchers are hard to get.

I've played against many other teams that have Gold and Silver rated catchers and mine will have better offensive numbers than theirs will. So I have been holding off on upgrading that position.
Old 01-28-2019, 12:07 PM   #17
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Looks like us getting matched-up will have to wait another week, due to tech issues.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=298126
Old 01-28-2019, 02:22 PM   #18
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

No worries. I will check it when I get home tonight. Hopefully we both stay in silver.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:23 PM   #19
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

I have a second former "theme team" that I used to field a team using only Yankees. Made it up through gold when I ran into the problem of not being able to afford upgrades quick enough, then went down the ladder and intervened two years ago when I was going to be relegated to bronze and broke up the team.

I've finished around .500 since. I've got four live cards and one future legend on my roster, but I enjoy playing with historicals and should be able to easily clean things up this week.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 09:34 PM   #20
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
I have a second former "theme team" that I used to field a team using only Yankees. Made it up through gold when I ran into the problem of not being able to afford upgrades quick enough, then went down the ladder and intervened two years ago when I was going to be relegated to bronze and broke up the team.

I've finished around .500 since. I've got four live cards and one future legend on my roster, but I enjoy playing with historicals and should be able to easily clean things up this week.

Sounds good.

After you get things adjusted and set up just like ripitback and I, let me know what your in-game user name so I can locate you and mark you as a friend so we can hopefully be grouped together.

Thanks