Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-06-2018, 08:43 PM   #41
jamsdead
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Did not see Domination anywhere. Marco Gonzales a 66 tossed the no-no. 1000 PP.
Attached Images
jamsdead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:15 PM   #42
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Is there not an official place we can see all possible achievements for getting PP's instead of just posting what we've gotten so far?

Last edited by krownroyal83; 11-06-2018 at 09:16 PM.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:23 AM   #43
vyshka
Major Leagues

Markus I think one needs to be added for back-to-back-to-back home runs beyond the power inning! Had this happen last night:

I need to write something up to parse through retrosheets and see how common that is. Apparently 4 back to back has only happened 8 times: https://www.retrosheet.org/hr4cons.htm#

Last edited by vyshka; 11-07-2018 at 04:33 AM.
vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:54 AM   #44
enginedaliens
Bat Boy

Hey, here are some more achievements not in the list:

Pounding - 5000PP - 26 runs scored
Double Digits - 300PP - 10 runs scored
Running Hard - 800PP - 3 for 4, 2RBI, 4R, 4SB, 2BB

https://imgur.com/a/kuOlXZP
enginedaliens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:24 AM   #45
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:06 AM   #46
Ile
Minors (Double A)

Hi! Just found out about Perfect Team and am currently physically hurting at work, because I just want to get home to start playing this. I'm like an anxious 3 year old right now, I can't even promise that I won't cry at work because I'm not at home with this instead.

Question - are these achievments scaled depending on division? One thing I really dislike in online games is when people "farm" points by intentionally tanking and then slaughter newbies in lower leagues.

Are there enough incentives to want to compete at the top as opposed to deliberately get relegated to farm PP?
Ile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:15 AM   #47
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ile View Post
Hi! Just found out about Perfect Team and am currently physically hurting at work, because I just want to get home to start playing this. I'm like an anxious 3 year old right now, I can't even promise that I won't cry at work because I'm not at home with this instead.

Question - are these achievments scaled depending on division? One thing I really dislike in online games is when people "farm" points by intentionally tanking and then slaughter newbies in lower leagues.

Are there enough incentives to want to compete at the top as opposed to deliberately get relegated to farm PP?
I feel your pain.LOL.. I am retired and can readjust most things I do to play... I am getting guilt feelings from staying in the house so much.. Damn.. I have to go out later for awhile.. Thing is I don't think because its "New".. I am doomed
As far as competitive my feelings are you will always be in a league, Rooke or other wise.. so technically you will be playing with teams you can compete with.. How you manage I believe will have a lot of bearing, some luck for sure.. Dunno how purchasing packs will pan out.. but again you should always be in a competitive level.. Don't know if this makes sense.. But I think that's how it should work
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:17 AM   #48
Ile
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormondbeachdan View Post
I feel your pain.LOL.. I am retired and can readjust most things I do to play... I am getting guilt feelings from staying in the house so much.. Damn.. I have to go out later for awhile.. Thing is I don't think because its "New".. I am doomed
As far as competitive my feelings are you will always be in a league, Rooke or other wise.. so technically you will be playing with teams you can compete with.. How you manage I believe will have a lot of bearing, some luck for sure.. Dunno how purchasing packs will pan out.. but again you should always be in a competitive level.. Don't know if this makes sense.. But I think that's how it should work
I understand that, but let's say I got a diamond roster. I bench them for a few weeks and get relegated to the bottom. Then I switch em all back in and proceed to crush everything in my way for a few seasons to rack up as many of these achievments as possible in order to gain a maximum amount of PP.

I know it sounds ridiculous, and I personally will never do that, but my experience from similar games tells me there will be a lot of people that will do this if an achievment pays the same regardless of what league you play in.

Edit: Or set strategies that maximize your chances of losing, etc.

Last edited by Ile; 11-08-2018 at 07:19 AM.
Ile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:30 AM   #49
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Not sure but I think that would be a temporary thing.. It would elevate them into a different league and at some point they might be in the "Majors"... then what do they do?.. I don't think this will be a problem.. I think 99 pct of people that play this game LOVE baseball.. and also love genuine competitiveness... Tha't the FUN.. and if someone is a manipulator (which there will always be in any endeavor, so be it....Meanwhile I am in first place in my division but the other teams closed in overnight..so I am tweaking things gearing up for today.. Here is another thought.... I am thinking of finding enough "friends" who I know feel the same way as I do about good honest play and hopefully get some in a league together..
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:33 PM   #50
JoeyFats
Bat Boy

3500 pts for an immaculate inning
JoeyFats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:09 PM   #51
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

so anyone gotten any defensive achievements yet?

anything like the team getting 5 DPs in one game?

or an outfielder throwing out 2 runners at the plate in one game?

catcher with 3 or 4 CS in a game?

a triple play surely has to earn some serious PPs, right?
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 02:23 PM   #52
theshinymew64
Minors (Rookie Ball)

RBI Streak (Silver Achievement) - 900 PP
I received it for one of my players having a 10 game RBI streak.

Last edited by theshinymew64; 11-10-2018 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Spelling
theshinymew64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 04:12 PM   #53
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbucket View Post
You also get a bronze achievement at 21. Worth 175 PP.
Is this new? Jason Heyward went 21 games for me and i didn't see it mentioned... i was gonna' ask about it yesterday... let me fire up PT and double check...

EDIT: Just found it. Cool.

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE

Last edited by Dark Horse; 11-10-2018 at 06:21 PM.
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 05:31 PM   #54
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Do these scale according to league level?

Actually let me put that differently: these should scale according to league level. Teams playing higher competition should get higher rewards.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:10 PM   #55
sharknut
All Star Reserve

I just clinched my division but received no points.

Really? Isn't that.....something?
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:33 PM   #56
clashcity
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGG View Post
Hi Def Inning - 4 Strikeouts - 3500 - but I mean how are we gonna find that out? lol
Alec Mills got tthe Hi Def Inning Achievement for me. First inning strikeout/ passed ball followed by three strikeouts...
clashcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:42 PM   #57
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
I just clinched my division but received no points.

Really? Isn't that.....something?
I'm fairly certain Markus has said that winning your division will get you points at the end of the season.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:49 PM   #58
mike2228
Major Leagues

Pitcher of the month is a bronze achievement good for 150 pp.
Player of the week is good for 100 pp.

I got 175 pp for a 13 game winstreak by Noah Syndergaard. (Bronze)
mike2228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:54 PM   #59
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ile View Post

The achievements don't scale, so there are no incentives other than the honor of knowing you're in a higher league. I had brought this up earlier, and I agree that it's a problem.

And as fate would have it, my team is tied for the 2nd wild card spot and I'm sitting here right now thinking, "Why should I get promoted like a sucker when I can probably earn a few thousand extra points if I lose the next game and stay in this league?"

I know people won't like that way of thinking, but why shouldn't I think like that? I'm playing against a lot of people who buy their points, so I don't feel as though I'm getting a really unfair advantage. My team isn't strong enough to do anything special in the league above me if I get promoted. I'll likely win 95-100 games if I stay here. It's a huge difference pp wise.

Last edited by One Post Wonder; 11-10-2018 at 11:56 PM.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:34 AM   #60
Dxgarnett
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
I'm fairly certain Markus has said that winning your division will get you points at the end of the season.
I got 1000 for making the playoffs but nothing for winning the division.