Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-25-2017, 02:56 PM   #1
The Fuss
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OOTP19 Suggestions

1. Add a report on Retired Numbers. Rather than looking at each team individually, it would be nice to have a single report that's sorted by team with all the retired numbers and associated player names beneath each team. Alternatively, a list by retired numbers showing all the players/teams that have retired that particular number.

2. Historical Manager Records. It seems like if I start a game in 2017, all the records of prior managers don't become part of the historical record unless a manager is coaching in 2017 or beyond. When I click on the Manager Leaders, I'd like to see Connie Mack leading the victory list even if I start the historical simulation in 2017.

3. On the Team History page, include the manager's name next to each year listed. Alternatively, have a report that lists all of the managers for a team's history with their corresponding records for that team.

4. Manager Hall of Fame election. Set up way for Managers (and GMs and Coaches) to be elected to the HOF as a manager.

5. Addition of 1st Base Coach, 3rd Base Coach and Bullpen Coach.
Old 12-25-2017, 04:33 PM   #2
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

#4 for certain!
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:17 PM   #3
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Yes. Especially #5

Give them ratings too, like for aggressiveness and ability: A bad one will consistently send your players in for head on collisions (think: Wendell Kim). A good one won't.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:46 PM   #4
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuss View Post
3. On the Team History page, include the manager's name next to each year listed. Alternatively, have a report that lists all of the managers for a team's history with their corresponding records for that team.
This is long overdue. PLEASE add this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuss View Post
5. Addition of 1st Base Coach, 3rd Base Coach and Bullpen Coach.
i would love this. i'm not sure there is enough statistical basis for rating base coaches. But even if they aren't rated, i'd like to see the base coaches being the place for new coaches. It would give them a chance to develop into useful pitching and batting coaches and managers.

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:59 PM   #5
itsmb8
All Star Starter

#5 is sorely needed. IRL a manager doesnt really affect base running tendencies because he's in the dugout.

What would be great is if players and base coaches each had their own base running tendencies and players also had a additional tendency rating for how often they are to follow the base coaches signs (for those players who sometimes are stubborn and dont follow the base coach).
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote