Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-03-2017, 09:45 PM   #201
cbbl
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
Not sure if you can on mac...I'll have to see...using a MacBook Pro...with a trackpad
You can! Just confirmed. I didn't know this before. Thanks!
Old 01-03-2017, 10:25 PM   #202
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

to Sweed: how do i get THAT screen when i play??? I have a macbook does that matter?
jparker2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:48 PM   #203
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jparker2112 View Post
to Sweed: how do i get THAT screen when i play??? I have a macbook does that matter?
My screen is set up on a 24" monitor with resolution of 1920 * 1080. Have no idea how that compares to a macbook. I can give you my co-ordinates of the widgets to build the screen. You have to be in a game to do it. Not sure what the tab is called to get the widget location box to come up as I don't have the game open now. However in that box these are the co-ordinates from top to bottom. Hope it works for you.

810 * 1
810 * 795
1459 * 668
34 * 435
34 * 15
34 * 676
425 * 676
34 * 253
425 * 253
425 * 18
425 * 435
1459 * 790
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 02:15 PM   #204
brettrankin
Minors (Single A)

Is there a way to quickly see all your team's players available for the Rule 5 draft? I dont want to expose my good prospects to this draft. And the only way that I can see them is the indicator in the roster screen or knowing all my guys or minor league teams when viewing the draft pool. Maybe the 2018 version can just display my players seperately in a special view? Or just disregard if there is already a good way to see them.
brettrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 03:00 PM   #205
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Too much wasted space on higher resolution...there should be a way to fit in the expanded pitcher and hitter matchup here. It would also be nice to have a lineup window that's permanently fixed....you can then choose from the drop down from pitcher/batter matchup, team info, box scores & scoring plays.

I would also love to see a very basic description of the last play. I realize that we have this now, but it doesn't tell you anything other than fly out, or ground out etc...

It would at least be nice to see where the ball was hit, who made the play, who committed an error (in such as case) and so on. It wouldn't have to be anything more than what's included in the game log.

I love the real time game cast feature, but it hasn't gotten any love since it was introduced more than 6 years ago now.
Attached Images

Last edited by PSUColonel; 01-05-2017 at 03:02 PM.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 03:14 AM   #206
Arc Flash
Bat Boy

Here are a few things I would like to see evolve over the next few OOTP seasons.

I love old-time baseball history. Love reading the stat. Love reading the personal stories about the players. Love reading about rule changes and overall evolution of old-time baseball into modern game today.

I think it would be fun to see what the game today would be like if the 1891 rule permitting substitutions at any point in the game was never introduced to the game. Before the rule was changed a pitch had to be replaced with a player from another position, usually right field, and then switched back to pitching later in the game. I think it would be great if OOTP could sometime in the future design a feature to allow this to let fans see how baseball would have evolved without substitutions. Which players today would have made the roaster under that rule and what would the roasters and player developement look like today? How would contracts now look and how would they impact the game today? What would have happened to the designated hitter position?

Another thing I would like to see add in the future is more competition between the NL and AL. In the early years neither leagues like to see their top players being traded to the other league and had rules to limit trading between them. I read somewhere that at one time trades between the two leagues was limited to a month in the off season and sometimes only permitted for two weeks in June. would be nice is OOTP could find a way to create that ability. What would it have been like for a 15 year veteran of the NL to get traded to the AL where he knew little to nothing about the players he was playing with or against?

One thing that I would love to see is changes to the player's "BNN Page". It would be nice if OOTP could setup the career batting, pitching, and fielding like the setup used by baseball-reference.com . the way their stats can be divided into Major and Minors, NL and AL, totals for each team they played for etc.

I would really love to hear feed back about my suggestions but please bare in mind that they are for future OOTP seasons and not expected for OOTP18 or OOTP19.

The One and Only,
Bob Uecker.
Arc Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:00 AM   #207
Cobby
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdrop01 View Post
I would like some sort of better color blind fix. The financials page in particular is impossible for me to look at colors and tell if they are positive or negative numbers. Perhaps parenthesis for negatives would be a good idea.
I'd like to second (or third or fourth...) this one. I constantly have trouble figuring out if my budget is plus or minus. Parentheses for negatives (or just a simple minus sign) would be a huge improvement.
Cobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:51 PM   #208
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

1 small wish

If you could put a way to select either ALL or NONE and the ability to filter by baseball country stars (ex..USA 5*..American Samoa maybe 1*) when were putting in our desires for international FA's, scout findings, and the such. Its a pain in the rump to have to select all of em (if you want to try to find that diamond in the rough from Zimbabwe). I wouldnt think that would be too daunting of a task. Many THANKS!!
jparker2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:18 PM   #209
Roggie
Minors (Single A)

1) Did you like the OOTP 17 color scheme and use of team colors. If not, what could be improved? The team colors touch was great. Definitely would prefer that to stay.

2) How about the interface layout, is the upper area (info & navigation) easy to use and understand?
It's simple and clean. Can't think of anything with the upper part that I'd like to see changed.

3) What interface quirks would you like to see fixed / improved?
The only thing I noticed that bothered me was with an online league. I was made a commissioner part way through this release, and I noticed that the button on the sidebar for shortlists was replaced with a button for the commish home page. Would like to still keep the shortlist button there.

4) Any feature ideas that relate to the interface which you'd like to see implemented (i.e. more hotkey support)?
Hotkey support would be pretty nice, even if it's something as simple as only from the manager office page. Just hit R for the Rosters/Transactions tab, L for lineups, P for pitching staff, T for Transactions (FA/Waivers), things like that.

5) Which skin did you use in OOTP 17? Would you like to see an alteration to our usual default / dark / classic skin themes?
I use the dark theme. Default is just too bright and hurts my eyes. Dark works very well with the team colors, although without it, it can be a bit too dark.
Roggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:34 PM   #210
SeattlePilots
Bat Boy

Make it easier to add a feeder league, I tried adding college teams as feeder leagues for the MLB but failed miserably. If it could be made at all easier that would be phenomenal.
SeattlePilots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 01:39 PM   #211
thorpegiovanni
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
we already get that

In the actual postseason, not leading up to it.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:41 PM   #212
trenicholls
Bat Boy

be able to view your bullpen in game, to see when a pitcher is warmed up without going to the lineup screen
trenicholls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 04:47 PM   #213
trenicholls
Bat Boy

i would like to be notified by email during the offseason while playing historic seasons, when the league expands,and schedules change, and new teams are added and relocated,
trenicholls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:37 PM   #214
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Sorting on POS column works like this...

1st sort

"SP"
"RP"
"CL"
"C"
"1B"
"2B"
"3B"
"SS"
"LF"
"CF"
"RF"
"DH"

2nd sort

"DH"
"RF"
"CF"
"LF"
"SS"
"3B"
"2B"
"1B"
"C"
"CL"
"RP"
"SP"

I know it's the correct reverse of the 1st sort, but I always felt the 2nd sort should sort like this...

"C"
"1B"
"2B"
"3B"
"SS"
"LF"
"CF"
"RF"
"DH"
"SP"
"RP"
"CL"