Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:15 PM   #1
RightBack2
Minors (Single A)

Feeder league question

I just started a league and my goal is for my hs feeder league is to have one state team for the lower 48. My question is, can I make it so the teams only draw players from their respective state?
RightBack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 12:51 PM   #2
anthonywvalentine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightBack2 View Post
I just started a league and my goal is for my hs feeder league is to have one state team for the lower 48. My question is, can I make it so the teams only draw players from their respective state?
Ive yet to find a way...

In an old version of OOTP someone made a file that changed each US State to its own "nation" which would in theory allow it but I havent seen that in a long time so would have no idea if it still works.
anthonywvalentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:22 PM   #3
RightBack2
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonywvalentine View Post
Ive yet to find a way...

In an old version of OOTP someone made a file that changed each US State to its own "nation" which would in theory allow it but I havent seen that in a long time so would have no idea if it still works.
Right. In a perfect realistic world I would like to give each state their own feeder league with about 20 teams a piece and set their region to their respective state but, even then I don't know if it would only draw players from that region. Also I would have a problem with having an excessive amount of players but there might be a way to make a realistic ratio of players so that I still have a normal amount of talent and most of the players go undrafted like in real life. I feel like I'm chasing the dragon when it comes to feeders, it's the main area of improvment I want to see in 18.
RightBack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:28 PM   #4
anthonywvalentine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightBack2 View Post
I feel like I'm chasing the dragon when it comes to feeders, it's the main area of improvment I want to see in 18.
Im right there with you.. I constantly have 2500+ players in my draft pool regardless of what I do. It sees the game ignore my player creation age and will create 18 year olds to play 1 year in hs and bloat my draft pool.
anthonywvalentine is offline   Reply With Quote