Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 07-03-2015, 04:35 PM   #1
bwd
Minors (Single A)

Question Strange problems in offseason -- did I do something wrong?

I've been playing OOTP on and off for years and recently bought OOTP 16. I played through 2 seasons and everything was fine, but something went wrong in the offseason after that, because a couple of strange things happened.

1- Spring Training never started/happened. The regular season did begin on time, but there were never spring training games.
2- In addition to (or because of) this, regular season stats never showed up during the season. As I played through, stats accumulated just fine for players, but in my lineup screen it would show all zeros for the "regular season" default stats. If I went into month splits, or an individual player's stats page, it all looked fine.
3- Here is the really annoying one... I suddenly can't "jump" to my minor league teams the same way. In the first couple seasons there was a drop down menu next to my MLB team name that would let me select their minor league affiliates. The drop down is simply gone.

Im about to start a new season and I'm hoping issues 1 and 2 were just a one time glitch and that the next spring training will generate normally. But #3 is really annoying me.

Did I accidentally change an option somewhere? I do have minor league managers set to do their lineups/rotations, but Ive had that all along so far without this problem.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
bwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 04:56 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

You made no changes to your files that would have caused your league to become corrupted? Because I have no other explanation for this - I have never seen anything like it before - so the only recommendation that I would have is to submit this to Tech Support.

I should add to put your mind at ease: There is no option in the game that would produce these conditions. So my guesses are: The culprit could be some file customizations that you may have done or something occurred in your computer (a crash?) which corrupted your game files. You could try Tech Support with your current league files, or you can start a new league to see how that goes. If the corruption recurs with the new league, try a complete uninstall / reinstall of your game. Good luck.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 07-03-2015 at 05:02 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 05:04 PM   #3
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Can you post a screenshot of your Rosters and Transactions page?

Visual aids help us help.

As for your missing stats, check the scope drop down and choose the correct level. Just a guess

Go to league options then options and look for a check mark on spring training

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:04 PM   #4
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post

As for your missing stats, check the scope drop down and choose the correct level. Just a guess

Good suggestions, Rich. I hope they help this guy.

- Bru

Old 07-03-2015, 07:45 PM   #5
bwd
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post

Thank you both.

As for missing stats, if I select scope and choose anything other than "regular season," yes the stats look fine. But the default regular season always shows zeros... it's as if it doesnt want to register that this was an actual season (although I did get through the playoffs just fine, and I'm now in the offseason and FA etc are working well).

Here are some screenshots. This is the Rosters and Transactions as you asked: http://i.imgur.com/UseBFFB.jpg

And here is my lineup page. http://i.imgur.com/32HjBVE.jpg As you can see, there is no dropdown next to the team name, allowing me to jump to minor league teams and see their stats. Unless I'm crazy (not outside the realm of possibility, I admit), for the first two seasons there was a drop down arrow next to the team name that let me do this easily. Am I missing something?

Thanks again.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:02 PM   #6
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Yeah that is a problem. Don't really know what to tell you. The only suggestion I can make is to backup the league and restore it under a different name. I've had some success doing that with seemingly corrupt files.

All I got. Sorry.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:23 PM   #7
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure about something though. Yes, you are quite correct that there should be a pull-down double-arrow to minor leagues (and other teams) in those windows. I'm confused, though; the first screen print has real players while the second screen print shows fictional names. Explain?

EDIT: Also, as a test, go to Game, Game Home Screen, and see what these look like in your game:
Attached Images
Image Image 

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 07-03-2015 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:26 PM   #8
bwd
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
I'm not sure about something though. Yes, you are quite correct that there should be a pull-down double-arrow to minor leagues (and other teams) in those windows. I'm confused, though; the first screen print has real players while the second screen print shows fictional names. Explain?
They're all real players (except for a couple which may have been generated as foreign players after I started the league). Notice guys like Freeman, Lawrie, etc.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:28 PM   #9
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwd View Post
They're all real players (except for a couple which may have been generated as foreign players after I started the league). Notice guys like Freeman, Lawrie, etc.
Yes, but it's the same team on the same day in both screen shots.

EDIT: Oh, check that. One is just showing pitchers and the other is the lineup. It's funny; I don't follow the Mets but I recognized the pitchers but not the other guys. Then again, that's the story with the Mets these days, eh?

OK, how does your Game Home Screen look?

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 07-03-2015 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:31 PM   #10
bwd
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Yes, but it's the same team on the same day in both screen shots.
Sorry man I must be a little thick here. In the first shot you can only see pitchers because they're at the top of my active roster. The second shot is my lineup so its batters. They're all different players.

Sorry if I am missing something.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:34 PM   #11
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sorry man I must be a little thick here. In the first shot you can only see pitchers because they're at the top of my active roster. The second shot is my lineup so its batters. They're all different players.

Sorry if I am missing something.
No, it's me that was missing something. I was typing my edit when you typed this.

How about the Game Home Screen?

- Bru

Old 07-03-2015, 08:40 PM   #12
bwd
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/mlhL2ia.jpg
Old 07-03-2015, 08:43 PM   #13
bwd
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
The history page is telling, it looks like some minor leagues didnt play last year http://i.imgur.com/M9VTkIh.jpg
Old 07-03-2015, 08:52 PM   #14
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The history page is telling, it looks like some minor leagues didnt play last year http://i.imgur.com/M9VTkIh.jpg
Not necessarily. See how my Rookie league has not registered yet for 1924? (NCAA plays in the fall and winter and is not done yet.) The date in my game is Opening Day, April 1, 1924 and MLB, AAA, AA, and A seasons have started. R does not start until June. When it does, "1924" will show for them too.

What I was looking for was, is everything in place? Leagues and teams within leagues? Try clicking those minor league links, then the "LG" links on one side or the other of the screen, then "Teams" - see below. Everybody accounted for?
Attached Images

- Bru

Old 07-03-2015, 08:56 PM   #15
bwd
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Not necessarily. See how my Rookie league has not registered yet for 1924? (NCAA plays in the fall and winter and is not done yet.) The date in my game is Opening Day, April 1, 1924 and MLB, AAA, AA, and A seasons have started. R does not start until June. When it does, "1924" will show for them too.

What I was looking for was, is everything in place? Leagues and teams within leagues? Try clicking those minor league links, then the "LG" links on one side or the other of the screen, then "Teams" - see below. Everybody accounted for?
Gotcha. Yes, looking through there now and they all seem to be there.

Oh well, thank you for all the help. I did also try backing up and starting again on new name, no luck there. And I also tried creating a new league from scratch and yes, the drop down next to the team name is there. I guess this file just got corrupted. Too bad, but what can you do.

Thanks again.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:04 PM   #16
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Gotcha. Yes, looking through there now and they all seem to be there.

Oh well, thank you for all the help. I did also try backing up and starting again on new name, no luck there. And I also tried creating a new league from scratch and yes, the drop down next to the team name is there. I guess this file just got corrupted. Too bad, but what can you do.

Thanks again.
Stuff happens, guy. I can assure you that what you experienced is very unusual but at the same time, the files in this complicated game can get corrupted, one way or another. Not often, but it does happen, as we occasionally see in these forums.

It sounds like you are not heavily invested in this current league of yours, and it looks like it's not your game, but your league that's corrupted if a new league looks fine. So, you have a choice but you may have made it already: Try to save this corrupted league by contacting Tech Support or start over (don't forget the program uninstall / reinstall idea; just unlicense the game first in File, Settings, License).

Good luck. I hope things go well for you in the future. This game is a winner and well worth the time and effort - take my word for it.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 07-03-2015 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:33 PM   #17
MilwaukeeKid
Bat Boy

I had the same situation with the stat's not showing on the players screen.
On the players screen, there is a row that contains the option selections, like "view", "filter", "position", "scope", "split". Go to "split", select the down-arrow and you'll see a drop-down menu. Select the first option, "regular season" and the stat's will appear.
I notice your post is from July. I hope you've solved the problem by now, but if not, this will work.
MilwaukeeKid is offline   Reply With Quote