Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-28-2015, 08:49 PM   #1
ChrisBoshDino
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Injury woes

I am in my 5th season as the padres GM/manager and it seems like that every year i lose all my stars for months at a time. I lost a pitcher for 100 months because of a finger blister. Is there a way i can tone down injuries or prevent them?
ChrisBoshDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:20 PM   #2
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

100 months for a blister? Can you post a screenshot of that by any chance, because if that's really what you got then it has to be a bug of some kind.

But generally speaking, it's easy to perceive your injury woes as excessive when they're not. There is a setting where you can turn down the injury frequency though, if that suits you better.
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:47 PM   #3
ChrisBoshDino
Minors (Rookie Ball)

how do i screenshot?
Old 03-28-2015, 10:14 PM   #4
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBoshDino View Post
how do i screenshot?
I use the Snip tool in Wondows then copy and paste into Paint and save. When you post here there is a paperclip in the menu. You can attach the .png file there.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:41 PM   #5
ChrisBoshDino
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
I use the Snip tool in Wondows then copy and paste into Paint and save. When you post here there is a paperclip in the menu. You can attach the .png file there.
ya...
Attached Images
Old 03-29-2015, 10:00 AM   #6
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

The team doctor to that guy - "Sorry my friend, it's what we feared. It's a...blister. I'm afraid your career is over. And don't even think about hand modelling as a second career."

That has to be some kind of bug. You can go into commissioner mode really quick and remove that - I think he's served his time.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:47 AM   #7
RchW
Hall Of Famer

I'd edit that one for sure. That's longer than losing a finger would be.

Bug.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:55 PM   #8
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

I concur, bug. ChrisBoshDino, please go post that screenshot in the bug report thread in Tech Support.

Is identifying a bug on his first post some kind of record? :P
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:18 AM   #9
Greenbay
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I am in my 5th season as the padres GM/manager and it seems like that every year i lose all my stars for months at a time. I lost a pitcher for 100 months because of a finger blister. Is there a way i can tone down injuries or prevent them?

As a long time Padre fan I would say all your stars going on the DL is pretty accurate. I think the last 4 years every opening day starter has ended up on the DL at some point. 100 months for a blister does seem crazy. I've only been playing the game for 4 days but I thought I saw an option to edit injuries.
Greenbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:25 AM   #10
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

it says 89 months and you said 100,has it actually been 11 months since this injury happened and the player missed that time? Was his injury a regular injury or in a story line? Cause if it was a story line it could turn into any thing LOL

I've seen eye surgery turn into blindness and retirement, so it makes a difference
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 04-01-2015 at 12:26 AM.
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:28 PM   #11
ChrisBoshDino
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
it says 89 months and you said 100,has it actually been 11 months since this injury happened and the player missed that time? Was his injury a regular injury or in a story line? Cause if it was a story line it could turn into any thing LOL

I've seen eye surgery turn into blindness and retirement, so it makes a difference
Yah I simmed ahead because he wasn't s vital piece.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:30 PM   #12
ChrisBoshDino
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbay View Post
As a long time Padre fan I would say all your stars going on the DL is pretty accurate. I think the last 4 years every opening day starter has ended up on the DL at some point. 100 months for a blister does seem crazy. I've only been playing the game for 4 days but I thought I saw an option to edit injuries.
It was cory luebke so not really surprising lol
Old 04-01-2015, 02:09 PM   #13
Greenbay
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
It was cory luebke so not really surprising lol
I've met Cory Luebke a couple of times. Seems like a really nice guy. But with really bad luck. He's had 2 Tommy John's since he last pitched.
Greenbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:43 PM   #14
ChrisBoshDino
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbay View Post
I've met Cory Luebke a couple of times. Seems like a really nice guy. But with really bad luck. He's had 2 Tommy John's since he last pitched.

It always frustrates me that the Padres top prospects/players always get injured or traded away. Anthony rIzzo, Andrew cashner, Corey kluber, etc