Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 06-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
mgoetze
Minors (Triple A)

How to deal with 2 closers?

So right now I have 2 guys on my team both unhappy because they want the closer role all to themselves.

Éric Cloarec 17.2 IP 3.57 ERA 1.62 FIP 3 SV 1 BS
Dan Miller 12.2 IP 0.71 ERA 2.33 FIP 5 SV

I started the season with Miller as my closer and he did not disappoint. However, Cloarec sent me a letter saying he hates life as a non-closer and would I please show him some respect. I remembered promising him the role just over a year ago when I gave him his 4 year, $20.6m contract extension, so I figured, well why not. But now Miller (who was not really on my radar at the time of Cloarec's extension but is now locked up for 6 years at $1m each plus 2 team option years at $4m each) is starting to become unhappy, because he wants to be the closer too....

Any advice?
mgoetze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

What if you set them both as closer, but set one to be used starting in like the 7th inning and the other in the 9th?
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
mgoetze
Minors (Triple A)

Perhaps I should add that I am doing substitutions myself rather than letting the AI do it. I was under the impression that the players care how they are actually used rather than what is set up on the pitching screen, but I suppose I can try cheating them that way....
mgoetze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #4
Khan
All Star Reserve

You could try and trade Cloarec saving yourself some cash to spend elsewhere.

You probably could get something decent for him unless you're just set on keeping both guys.
Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #5
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

Players can't tell stuff like "hey, it's the 9th and a save situation, I'm being used as a closer! Yay!". All they know is the depth charts/rotation/bullpen settings. At least, so far as I know.
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #6
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Put them both at closer
Set one to 8+

It worked for me
polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:38 PM   #7
CobaltJays
All Star Reserve

I use dual closers on my team without any trouble. I manage most of my games, and I tend to use them in "unconventional" ways. I'll often bring one of them in during the 6th or 7th to bail me out of a jam, and normally let one of my non-closers handle an easier save opportunity. Both of my closers are happy, despite the fact they don't get many saves.
CobaltJays is offline   Reply With Quote