Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 11:43 AM   #1
hoser830
Bat Boy

ootpx worked fine then quit working

I have windows vista. When I downloaded the game it worked fine immediately. Played for a while and then quit program. When I went to run it again it would not work, would not start to load at all.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:01 PM   #2
thomamon
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser830 View Post
I have windows vista. When I downloaded the game it worked fine immediately. Played for a while and then quit program. When I went to run it again it would not work, would not start to load at all.
Can you try reinstalling to a different location? Any where other then the default location.

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Right click on the OOTP X icon on your desktop. Then select "Run as administrator"

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
Old 06-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #4
hoser830
Bat Boy

ootpx worked fine then quit

I tried different file location and run as administrator, neither worked
Old 06-04-2009, 08:06 PM   #5
thomamon
Global Moderator

Quote:
I tried different file location and run as administrator, neither worked
Did you try rebooting? As much info as to what happens when you start it will help us help you.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:36 AM   #6
hoser830
Bat Boy

ootpx worked and then stopped working

I have tried rebooting numerous times, run as administrator, turning off dep and downloading to a different file location. In all cases it will not even start to load. It really puzzles me that it worked fine when I first downloaded it and didn't start not working until I had quit the application and then tried to run it a second time. The first time I downloaded it I didn't have to do any of these things.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #7
thomamon
Global Moderator

Quote:
I have tried rebooting numerous times, run as administrator, turning off dep and downloading to a different file location. In all cases it will not even start to load. It really puzzles me that it worked fine when I first downloaded it and didn't start not working until I had quit the application and then tried to run it a second time. The first time I downloaded it I didn't have to do any of these things.
Last thing, did you install to a different location?
Old 06-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #8
hoser830
Bat Boy

ootpx working then stopped working

Yes, I created a new folder C:\ootp baseball and downloaded to that location. When it crashes I have gotten two different messages. One says Problem Event Name: APPCRASH. The other Problem Event Name: BEX, it also says Fault Module Name:elinc40.dll, Fault Module Version:4.0.0.1 and Fault Module Timestamp: 49bf05cd, if that helps.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #9
thomamon
Global Moderator

Quote:
Yes, I created a new folder C:\ootp baseball and downloaded to that location. When it crashes I have gotten two different messages. One says Problem Event Name: APPCRASH. The other Problem Event Name: BEX, it also says Fault Module Name:elinc40.dll, Fault Module Version:4.0.0.1 and Fault Module Timestamp: 49bf05cd, if that helps.
Couple different things. I'm not talking about downloading it to a different location, I am talking about installing it to a different location, instead of the default C:\Program Files\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 10. When you see it come up and it asks you where to install it, please change OOTP Baseball 10 to OOTPBB10 and see if that helps.

It also seems like you may be having an error with e-license from that error message. So if installing to a different location does not work, you can contact their tech support as well here:

eLicense - Helping your Business Grow

Please keep me posted, thanks.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:01 PM   #10
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

As we have seen no reply from the original poster in three days, this thread will be closed for housekeeping reasons. If you need any further assistance with this matter, please post once more in Tech Support and we will do our best to help you figure out a solution.
Closed Thread