Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2006, 12:24 AM   #1
Matter2003
All Star Starter

Thumbs up MLB2006 Complete V 3.0 Almost Ready....

MLB2006 Complete V 3.0 is almost ready and it will include correct playing stadiums, dimensions and wall heights along with all 7 Independent leagues and logos..

I have received roughly 50 emails back from minor league teams so far, and have compiled enough stadium info on the other stadiums to at least get the dimensions and capacity correct...

Look for this to be released by this Sunday...
Matter2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:31 AM   #2
Khan
All Star Reserve

Hey Matter, I know you're putting alot of work into the minor parks.
As I mentioned in another thread of yours, I 'm doing pretty much the same thing (except I'm too lazy to mail the teams ).

Any chance of a spreadsheet, with all the minor league park info in it?

I'm only about half done my minors and am just thinking "Duh I should be recording this future use".

I'm sure yours will be more accurate if you're getting info from the teams.
I'd be happy to help out making it, perhaps even using your final release as source if that's ok with you.

And thanks for the efforts! Great job!

Last edited by Khan; 06-15-2006 at 03:30 AM.
Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:01 AM   #3
Kyros
All Star Reserve

Cool! Thanks for doing this and for all of the effort!!!

Kyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:20 AM   #4
aewin
Major Leagues

Are you including MLB stadium graphics or just dimensions?

I've installed EricJaffe's MVP2005 park images and changed co-ordinates to fit. If anyone wants the co-ordinates, let me know.
aewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 11:42 AM   #5
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aewin

I've installed EricJaffe's MVP2005 park images and changed co-ordinates to fit. If anyone wants the co-ordinates, let me know.
I would like the coordinates. Thanks!
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 11:52 AM   #6
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

So would I!
Old 06-16-2006, 02:16 PM   #7
TheoR
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

Yes, I would love these co-ordinates....
Old 06-16-2006, 02:45 PM   #8
gord
Major Leagues

I can't remember if you had this correct in your 2.0 version, but just a reminder that Houston's rookie league affiliate is spelled Greeneville (with the extra 'e'). Thanks.
gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 08:53 PM   #9
Boon™
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Will we see some of these salaries in the game?

While I know it will be difficult to adjust for the Alex Rodriquez salary where Texas is paying for part of it, and then the deferment he is taking for seasons after 2010.

Also you will notice that managers in the big leagues make a whole lot more than $200,000 average. I mean Yankees General Manager and Manager salaries are as follows;

Brian Cashman General Manager
3 years/about $5.5M (2006-08)
  • signed extension 10/05
  • will make between $1.7M and $2M annually, 2006-08
  • club exercised 2005 option 12/04
  • 3 years/$3.45M (2002-04), plus $1.15M 2005 club option
  • hired 2/1998
  • senior VP, baseball operations Mark Newman, assistant GM Jean Afterman
Joe Torre Manager
3 years/$19.2M (2005-07)
  • signed extension 4/04
  • 05:$6.1M, 06:$6.1M, 07:$7M
  • $1M bonus with a World Series victory
  • extension also includes 6-year consulting agreement
  • 3 years/$16.5M (2002-04), plus incentives
    • 04:$5M
  • hired 11/95, replacing Buck Showalter
In contrast, the Kansas City Royals are under these terms...

Dayton Moore Senior VP of Baseball Operations & General Manager
5 years/$5M (2006-10)
  • hired 5/06, assuming control June 2006
  • annual salary of about $1M
  • assistant GM & VP of baseball operations Dean Taylor
  • assistant GM & VP of player personnel Muzzy Jackson (served as interim GM 5/31/06-6/8/06)
  • replaced Allard Baird, who was hired 6/17/00 & received two 2-year extensions (2003-04 & 2005-06)
Buddy Bell Manager
3 years (2005-07)
  • hired 5/05
  • replaced interim manager Bob Schaefer
  • former manager Tony Pena resigned 5/05
    • Pena's original contract: 3 years/about $1.3M (2002-04), plus a 2-year extension (2005-06) (signed extension 10/03)
    • Pena resigned as manager 5/05, but was to be paid through 2006 & remain with club before taking a coaching job with the Yankees for the 2006 season

Boon™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 08:58 PM   #10
DaveJstice
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So if I can be dumb enough to ask, I assume this is going to be just a futher build of the Complete 2.0 set including the correct financials and all that stuff. That'd be cool.

Then again, I never figured out how to install 2.0 without screwing anything up so I've only had friends who've used it and raved about it.
DaveJstice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:16 AM   #11
aewin
Major Leagues

I just fiddled around until I thought the setup looked okay, so the co-ordinates can no doubt be improved upon, but here is what I have at the moment (same for all parks - do one and then select assign coordinates to all parks):

P 180 220
C 180 425
1B 475 160
2B 310 115
3B 0 160
SS 140 115
LF 0 70
CF 180 50
RF 400 70
R1 475 195
R2 220 150
R3 0 195
RB 275 373
LB 320 373
Old 06-17-2006, 05:50 AM   #12
Kyros
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I just fiddled around until I thought the setup looked okay, so the co-ordinates can no doubt be improved upon, but here is what I have at the moment (same for all parks - do one and then select assign coordinates to all parks):

P 180 220
C 180 425
1B 475 160
2B 310 115
3B 0 160
SS 140 115
LF 0 70
CF 180 50
RF 400 70
R1 475 195
R2 220 150
R3 0 195
RB 275 373
LB 320 373
Cool thanks!

Can these be used for any ballpark set? For example, I use the MVP set that eriqjaffe created from MVP 2005. Will your coordinates work with these or are they only for a specific set (like the ones being talked about in this thread)?

Thanks again!!!
Old 06-17-2006, 06:12 AM   #13
aewin
Major Leagues

The co-ordinates are for EricJaffe's MVP2005 park set. I have no idea whether they will fit other park sets, but suspect not. It is pretty easy to adjust the co-ordinates to suit though.

If that set is to be included in v3.0, don't forget that new pics have been posted by EricJaffe for Busch Stadium.

Last edited by aewin; 06-17-2006 at 06:17 AM.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:40 PM   #14
Matter2003
All Star Starter

I am not including any real players in this set, I will leave that to those who want to import them, or I may leave it to others who wish to use this framework to include real rosters.

The reason being is that this was a huge undertaking/upgrade from 2.0, and if I tried to include all the rosters/financials it might never get released.

What it does include is Completely updated/fixed leagues with proper rules/playoffs, etc INCLUDING all 7 Independent leagues.

Updated Market/Fan Interest/Fan Support--I am using some formulas I came up with for setting these, although I am not happy with the way this works in game---way too many teams with 0,0,0 still draw 3/4 of their capacity...Definitely not realistic, this needs to be fixed...

Updated Stadium Info/Dimensions/Capacties/Wall Heights---I emailed every single minor league/independant team(including the mexican teams) for their stadium information. I did not get all of these back, but at least 75 teams emailed ,and I went out and found the other information I needed. There were times when I needed to estimate distances based on photos/info that I had, but mainly this was for RF and LF distances which are almost never talked about, and wall height, which I have gotten really good at estimating(after looking at hundreds of photos it becomes pretty easy to spot an 8 foot wall ).

Stadium Photos---Are not going to be included, although I have been getting photos of virtually all the teams stadiums I am doing. I asked for help in photoshop to clean up the pictures since most are not the right dimensions for use in the game, and when they get enlarged, they get really blurry. If someone wants to take these photos and fix them so we can use them in game let me know, I have almost all of them...

Any questions please let me know...I have approximately 1/3 of the teams and stadium info complete, and as soon as that is done it should be released---hopefully by tomorrow night....
Matter2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 09:22 PM   #15
Kyros
All Star Reserve

Quote:
The co-ordinates are for EricJaffe's MVP2005 park set. I have no idea whether they will fit other park sets, but suspect not. It is pretty easy to adjust the co-ordinates to suit though.

If that set is to be included in v3.0, don't forget that new pics have been posted by EricJaffe for Busch Stadium.
cool. Thank you.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:08 AM   #16
aewin
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matter2003
I am not including any real players in this set, I will leave that to those who want to import them, or I may leave it to others who wish to use this framework to include real rosters.

The reason being is that this was a huge undertaking/upgrade from 2.0, and if I tried to include all the rosters/financials it might never get released.

What it does include is Completely updated/fixed leagues with proper rules/playoffs, etc INCLUDING all 7 Independent leagues.

Updated Market/Fan Interest/Fan Support--I am using some formulas I came up with for setting these, although I am not happy with the way this works in game---way too many teams with 0,0,0 still draw 3/4 of their capacity...Definitely not realistic, this needs to be fixed...

Updated Stadium Info/Dimensions/Capacties/Wall Heights---I emailed every single minor league/independant team(including the mexican teams) for their stadium information. I did not get all of these back, but at least 75 teams emailed ,and I went out and found the other information I needed. There were times when I needed to estimate distances based on photos/info that I had, but mainly this was for RF and LF distances which are almost never talked about, and wall height, which I have gotten really good at estimating(after looking at hundreds of photos it becomes pretty easy to spot an 8 foot wall ).

Stadium Photos---Are not going to be included, although I have been getting photos of virtually all the teams stadiums I am doing. I asked for help in photoshop to clean up the pictures since most are not the right dimensions for use in the game, and when they get enlarged, they get really blurry. If someone wants to take these photos and fix them so we can use them in game let me know, I have almost all of them...

Any questions please let me know...I have approximately 1/3 of the teams and stadium info complete, and as soon as that is done it should be released---hopefully by tomorrow night....
All your work is much appreciated. Just a couple of suggestions:

1) Abu Taha posted some suggested financials here if you want to cross-check; and
2) Could I please request that you include EricJaffe's MVP2005 park set for MLB parks. I think a lot of people would appreciate having that as a base so that there is at least some variety in park graphics. My co-ordinates are posted above.

Thanks again. I am enjoying v2.0.