Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 05-15-2019, 04:35 AM   #21
joehart
All Star Starter

Yes, OOTP players in one account (associated to e-mail account #1) can not be seen, transferred, or used by another account (associated to e-mail account #2 or #3). Essentially, every new account starts completely fresh with just the starter packs.

Also, I would like to separate OOTP20 and OOTP20 PT in this conversation. One will eventually become obsolete and get replaced by a much better version (PT 22 or a later version will eventually replace OOTP Perfect Team 20).

However, OOTP20 (regular/history/online league) will continue to work and be as good as it is today. It has been an amazing journey to see it improve with every version and you will be missing out on a lot of great OOTP (regular game) fun if you just think too much about the Perfect team part of the game.

I tend to think of one as 1A while the other is 1B.
I can play 1A on the airplane, hotel, or at home without having to worry about connectivity and it gives me a deeper game than Perfect team (like some of the mods).

They are both amazing games in their own but one gets refreshed every few years.
It is actually a good design...the developers continue to learn as they release new versions of PT and we get a clean fresh start.

Yes, deeper pockets perform better in the highest league. But I would argue that they may not enjoy the game as much as the lower level teams.

Can you win consistently (every week) with a much lesser team? Probably not.
I have previously argued that a game with a lesser range (distance between low level bronze to legend superstars) of players would make the game more exciting for a larger audience. But that is an old topic and known to the developers.

However, having said that...I have a team in my division that won last season with a much lesser team in the highest level (Perfect league). No 100 players, barely 5-6 diamond players (mostly lower level diamond) and all others were gold, silver, and bronze. Very cool to see.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:18 AM   #22
bluesguy
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Yes, OOTP players in one account (associated to e-mail account #1) can not be seen, transferred, or used by another account (associated to e-mail account #2 or #3). Essentially, every new account starts completely fresh with just the starter packs.

Also, I would like to separate OOTP20 and OOTP20 PT in this conversation. One will eventually become obsolete and get replaced by a much better version (PT 22 or a later version will eventually replace OOTP Perfect Team 20).

However, OOTP20 (regular/history/online league) will continue to work and be as good as it is today. It has been an amazing journey to see it improve with every version and you will be missing out on a lot of great OOTP (regular game) fun if you just think too much about the Perfect team part of the game.

I tend to think of one as 1A while the other is 1B.
I can play 1A on the airplane, hotel, or at home without having to worry about connectivity and it gives me a deeper game than Perfect team (like some of the mods).

They are both amazing games in their own but one gets refreshed every few years.
It is actually a good design...the developers continue to learn as they release new versions of PT and we get a clean fresh start.

Yes, deeper pockets perform better in the highest league. But I would argue that they may not enjoy the game as much as the lower level teams.

Can you win consistently (every week) with a much lesser team? Probably not.
I have previously argued that a game with a lesser range (distance between low level bronze to legend superstars) of players would make the game more exciting for a larger audience. But that is an old topic and known to the developers.

However, having said that...I have a team in my division that won last season with a much lesser team in the highest level (Perfect league). No 100 players, barely 5-6 diamond players (mostly lower level diamond) and all others were gold, silver, and bronze. Very cool to see.
Hey joehart, Thanks again, I don't think I'll ever abandon OOTP forever. The thing that bugs me most is that I've never been able to use the lower level teams that I assembled over the past 23 weeks. I keep them on my inactive roster, some of them actually get promoted to my main team. I freely purchased them expecting to use them on my own computer for as long as I wished. A lot of interesting players are available in the lower levels. I had planned to create a complete team with 4 or more minor league levels. I could probably make 3 complete teams. My main team is in it's 8th year of the top level, perfect. I don't rely on strictly 100 value players. I have 6 - 7 100's on my active roster. I've made it to the 6th game of the conference championship one year. I made it to the 7th game of the PL championship the next year. Last year I lost a wildcard game to end the season. I'm close, very close I think, and always experimenting with the active roster. I'll never abandon or tank my team, I want to keep going up, never down. bluesguy
bluesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:21 AM   #23
Abnerdoubleday
Minors (Triple A)

Bluesguy- I would think it's possible in the regular game to essentially re-create (or make a pretty close facsimile of) the cards you have purchased. It would be a tedious process, but should be doable:

In Commissioner mode use historical player import to import the players you want and then use the player editor to change the player's ratings to match those on the PT cards.
Abnerdoubleday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:37 AM   #24
joehart
All Star Starter

Still Waiting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

A while back my kids got very excited about some of the players from the past so they made a new game and imported certain players from their PT game (the ones they really liked or never found in packs) to their main new OOTP game. It took some time but they ended up with a roster that had all the players they wanted and they saved it as a quick start so they can easily replay or make additional adjustments.
Essentially name and year was needed to complete the historical import.
In some cases they actually did not use the PT player year but imported the year they really wanted based on baseball reference stats.

I know it is not really what you ask for but it was an alternative option to give them the players they really enjoyed in PT.

Personally, I hope tournaments will fill in the gap of not being able to use lower level players.
Otherwise, as long as there are promotions to higher levels, it becomes hard to utilize lower level players at the higher levels.

The developers are aware that a huge majority of cards become irrelevant once you are promoted and move up.

Personally, I am excited to play some of the lower level players that I enjoyed watching at the stadium in tournaments.

Maybe at one point we will also be able to form our own leagues (using friends feature) and lock the league so there are no promotions. It would help prevent random stronger teams from getting dropped into the league and allow the league to also apply their own unique rules to the teams.

I am sure we have not seen it all in PT. There are lots of avenues to further improve the game. I am sure Markus has a vision of what he wants it to look like in a few years.

This is why I suggested to not get caught up too much in one aspect of the game and find other ways to still enjoy it as it is.

Last edited by joehart; 05-16-2019 at 06:22 PM.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 05:11 AM   #25
bluesguy
Minors (Single A)

Thank you guys for this info, I'm gonna put the time into doing this in OOTP19.
I'll report back on my progress.
I really appreciate your help on this.
This is how a community can help each other and keep a great game going.

bluesguy
Old 05-22-2019, 06:29 PM   #26
Pirates
Major Leagues

You bring up some good points, I never thought of.

But, you need to understand some things:

Now you have a massive infusion of cash coming in every day from pack sales and AH sales commissions.
10% on cards that are selling for 199,000, 299,00 just drives the selling prices even higher. Perhaps a sliding commission charge should be implemented.
---- this statement is incorrect. Without taking points out of the games, the prices of all items/cards would go up. Simple Economics, adding more points to the game without taking points out of the game, would decrease the value of your points.

By the way, I have collected Baseball cards my whole life, and the fact that you can actually own what you purchase is the main reason why.
----Baseball Cards' are tangible items that you can freely sell, trade, etc....
Video game in-game assets are intangible items, that you never have full ownership, control over.

What happens to my team when PT 1.0 servers cease to exhibit.
I always trusted Marcus and his development team to follow through with their promises, and have enjoyed OOTP since the '08 version.
---- You have just learned a valuable economic lesson here. Never buy a product/Asset on the promise of coming soon. When you buy a product you must assume that this is the finished product.
I believe the Development Team had the best of intentions when said promises were made.
Note: A written contract between you and the seller, that protects your financial interest is the only way you can ever be protected.
Pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:51 PM   #27
bluesguy
Minors (Single A)

Hi pirates, thanks for your reply, sorry I haven't replied sooner.
Please explain what you mean about taking points from the game.
The point I was making is that the commisions paid to the house on auction sales, should be on a sliding scale.

The higher sales prices in the AH now add a lot more tax to the game.

They have a huge infusion of cash now. PPoints going to the game with pack sales and AH 10% tax are the same as cash.
The developers of this game used to depend on game sales only to grow and develop new content.
I'm glad to see them have another revenue stream now. It will lead to an even greater game in the future.
As far as trusting an honest company to follow thru on it's promises,
I've come to trust what these OOTP developers say.
Thanks,
bluesguy