Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 01:25 AM   #21
dward1
All Star Reserve

this is a very good idea. The bare bones are already there with the personality system, chemistry, coaching staff, etc. don't make it anything too crazy, just has minor effects if you do discussions
Old 02-07-2018, 01:35 PM   #22
CarolinaSoxfan
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marlin View Post
I don't know about players but I do think interacting with the Manager (if you are the GM) or the coaches (if you are the Manager) does offer some interesting and low cost opportunities to increase the immersion into the game.

For example if a certain player is causing clubhouse chemistry problems as a GM I might ask the Manager to to talk to that player. Perhaps, depending on the manager's skill the problem will get better or worse as a in-game consequence. As a Manager I might ask my Pitching Coach to work with a pitcher to develop a new pitch or improve an existing one with the in-game consequence that depending on the pitcher's work ethic or intelligence the pitch improves. Perhaps the rest of the staff takes a small performance penalty because the PC is focusing on one guy. If I'm playing as the manager it would be nice to ask the GM to aquire a player to fill a deficiency.

These are just some examples. It would be unusual I think for a GM to interact with players like that. But GMs and Managers and their coaches interact literally everyday. I think that would be easy to implement and really add to immersion in the game for the player.
Read the book Francona. It is a great book for baseball fans and it also talks about how Theo Epstein talked to Francona after every game asking him why he did certain things and offering him suggesstions etc. Francona had a rule that Theo had to wait like an hour after the game to start. It was fascinating. It would be cool to play in just GM mode and having discussions with your manager. You could have a manager who doesn't want to do what you want to do and you may have to fire him to find a manager who thinks more like you etc. It could be really cool idea
Old 02-08-2018, 01:32 AM   #23
MrBojangles
All Star Reserve

Am I the troller?!?!?!

I thought I was just funny. I happen to disagree with the suggestion, but instead of debating or trying to tear down the suggestion, I just made what I thought to be a non-insulting humorous, and self-deprecating, comment. I even threw in an emoji to reinforce the humor aspect.

The follow-on comments debating pro/con of the idea are, to my eyes, healthy discussion, and not trolling.

I agree with the comment about people being too sensitive.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:55 AM   #24
joejccva71
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Am I the troller?!?!?!

I thought I was just funny. I happen to disagree with the suggestion, but instead of debating or trying to tear down the suggestion, I just made what I thought to be a non-insulting humorous, and self-deprecating, comment. I even threw in an emoji to reinforce the humor aspect.

The follow-on comments debating pro/con of the idea are, to my eyes, healthy discussion, and not trolling.

I agree with the comment about people being too sensitive.
It's not being too sensitive.

You added absolutely NOTHING to the thread and conversation and idea. It's one thing to disagree but atleast provide some constructive and decent feedback instead of just making fun of it.

If you have to reply to the thread saying "was i the troller?!?!?" then you answered your own question and knew you weren't giving any good feedback.

Last edited by joejccva71; 02-08-2018 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:52 PM   #25
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71 View Post
It's not being too sensitive.

You added absolutely NOTHING to the thread and conversation and idea. It's one thing to disagree but atleast provide some constructive and decent feedback instead of just making fun of it.

If you have to reply to the thread saying "was i the troller?!?!?" then you answered your own question and knew you weren't giving any good feedback.
At least you aren't taking this all too seriously...

Let's all just relax. Plenty of people responded helpfully to your post, who cares if someone made a joke. You've been super combative throughout this thread, we all get it and I'm sure no one will ever make a joke in one of your threads again.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:21 PM   #26
jaysfan17
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71 View Post
Hmm, sorry I thought it was a legitimate idea to help improve immersion and a deeper experience. Right now as it is players could be unhappy, but there isn't anything you can do about it because there are no team talks, player interactions or anything like that.

So instead of taking what I said seriously, people are trolling? Is this the community?

MrMarlin: I created my post before you created your last one. Thank you for the response.

C'mon, man. Trolling? A guy made a joke and it snowballed into hilarity. Lighten up.

You do have a good idea about the interactions though. Pure speculation on my part, but maybe there will be elements of it implemented into 19. Who knows?
Old 02-08-2018, 11:18 PM   #27
msupoke
All Star Reserve

I am the troll. Geez. If this does become a feature, they players may want to disable it so they do not have to listen to all of this.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:21 PM   #28
msupoke
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Helper View Post
I'm sure no one will ever make a joke in one of your threads again.
Nonsense. I will.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:11 AM   #29
joejccva71
Minors (Double A)

Mods please close the thread. Thanks.

Last edited by joejccva71; 02-09-2018 at 01:21 AM.
Closed Thread