Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 07-20-2015, 03:29 PM   #1
moondoggy187
Bat Boy

Angry Help creating a historical game???

Ok, I'm ready to pull out my last remaining hair on my head and I started 6 hours ago with a full head of hair. All I want to do is start in the year 2000 with rosters that are from 2000, and real minor league teams. Why can I not figure this out????? When I try I get a start date of 01/01/2000 with 2015 rosters and real minor league teams OR 2000 rosters with made up minor league teams. Why can't I start on 01/01/2000 with 2000 rosters and real minor league teams???? Help me please!!!!
moondoggy187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:43 PM   #2
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

You can't start a historical game with full real minors. The game database, while extremely big, is not that complete (it would be gigantoenormous). If you start a historical 2000 game, you get all the players that played on the 2000 team, which will include maybe 35-40 players total. So you get some prospects, but certainly not a full minors league setup.

There are some modded dbases (hi Spritzey!!!) that allow different onset of players (like pro debut rather than MLB debut), but the game doesn't work that way out of the box.

So long story short, you are operating the game correctly; it just doesn't do what you what.

Last edited by TribeFanInNC; 07-20-2015 at 03:44 PM.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:52 PM   #3
moondoggy187
Bat Boy

I know I won't get true rosters for the minors, which is fine by me. All I want are the real minor league team names and locations when I start in 2000 with 2000 mlb rosters. You're saying that's not possible???
Old 07-20-2015, 03:57 PM   #4
txranger
Hall Of Famer

At the OOTP startup screen select New Historical Game, STEP 1 select the Season (The Power Years (1993-2004) and the year to start (2000), check or uncheck Import Complete History (your choice), be sure that "Use Random Players from all Years" is unchecked, Show advanced options if you so desire to change these, click next step, STEP 2 make your choices for your Real Life Transactions, Minor League levels you want, etc., STEP # make your Historical Career Play choices, STEP 4 Scouting and Facegen choices, STEP 5 Name your game, manager, Commissioner mode, pick a team to manage, etc., then click Start Game or in lower left click on the Advanced Mode button if you want to go and make further changes in the league setup before you start the game...

Once you get it started and everything is the way you want it, before you proceed past the first day, make a backup and/or quickstart of the league so you can start it over if there is a problem or if you just want to do it all again...

That should do it...

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 04:09 PM   #5
moondoggy187
Bat Boy

txranger - That process doesn't create real minor league teams. It lets me start with 2000 mlb rosters but fake AAA, AA, A, and R teams. I guess my only option is to take the time and change each team name and city. I don't care much about the colors and logos so that won't bother me. Thanks though.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:13 AM   #6
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondoggy187 View Post
txranger - That process doesn't create real minor league teams. It lets me start with 2000 mlb rosters but fake AAA, AA, A, and R teams. I guess my only option is to take the time and change each team name and city. I don't care much about the colors and logos so that won't bother me. Thanks though.
You will have to do minors by hand. There is no purpose to have full minors with historical replay. There are not enough players that come in to have beyond AAA until you get 5 or so years in. Even in 2000 you may not have more then 15 AAA players per team and will have to use Ghost players.
2000 Minor League Baseball League Encyclopedia | Baseball-Reference.com
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:14 AM   #7
moondoggy187
Bat Boy

I am ok with ghost players or fictional players, I just find it extremely frustrating that the minor league team names aren't accurate. It seems like when you play a historical game the minor league affiliates should match. The Toledo Mudhens would always be the AAA team for Detroit, Charlotte Knights for the White Soxs, and Durham Bulls for Tampa. Even though affiliates change through time, if they used current names and affiliations when creating the minor league system and filled them with fictional players, that would be what I want.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:54 AM   #8
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondoggy187 View Post
I am ok with ghost players or fictional players, I just find it extremely frustrating that the minor league team names aren't accurate. It seems like when you play a historical game the minor league affiliates should match. The Toledo Mudhens would always be the AAA team for Detroit, Charlotte Knights for the White Soxs, and Durham Bulls for Tampa. Even though affiliates change through time, if they used current names and affiliations when creating the minor league system and filled them with fictional players, that would be what I want.
Many of us have asked for accurate minor leagues but as many point out some teams had so many levels that it would be nearly impossible to keep track of this throughout history.

Also it's White Sox no S it's already plural.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:44 AM   #9
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Throughout history most teams had no farms at all. Minor leagues were all independent entities.

The historical file OOTP could use for this existed at one time but was never put into play.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:09 AM   #10
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

It can be done, but you need to use Spritze's database found here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nubmvyjies...OTP16.zip?dl=0
First you need to manually create each team in your saved game. (Don't add any players yet)
To get the correct teams and rosters, goto bbrefs site and click the Affiliations link. Now click the correct year you want and it'll bring up all the mlb teams and their affiliated minor lg teams. Get the minor lg team names, level and rosters from there.
Once you've got each team created in ootp...export the rosters and open the rosters.txt file to get the team ids.
Open the master.csv file in Spritze's db in any spreadsheet (I highly reccomend Apache Open Office if you don't have one. it's free) and locate each player and copy their lahmanid,year, to a text file. Add the team id from the rosters.txt file to the end of the player's lahmanid,year like so. lahmanid,year,teamid and save the text file. Keep doing this till you have all the players added for each team. I'd save each MLB team's minors to a separate text file so you don't overwhelm ootp's import process.

Once you have all the team's rosters done. Use ootp's import historical player using a text file feature to import your minor lg team rosters and import one text file at a time and check the minors in your game to make sure all is correct.

That's basically it..I've tested this extensively and it works both for real teams and players and fictional teams with real players.

If you use Open Office calc, then you could use my Historical Importer Plus to aid in this process. There's a version specifically for Spritze's DB. Just click the link in my sig. to get it.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote