Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 06-06-2015, 08:39 PM   #1
Greek
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Making League of Champions

OK, I know this can be done because I have read a post of someone doing it. My problem is, I have no idea how to do it but want to do it. I've asked in other posts but when people respond they usually give a one sentence answer, that is not helpful as I am a NOOB and have not got the slightest idea how to do this. Yes, I did read the manual but that only confused. me.
A League of Champions, different teams from different years. As example, in the AL east the 67 Sox, the 69 Orioles, 58 Detroit, etc.
People say create a league with no teams in it, which means absolutely nothing to me. Every league I try to create I have teams. Do I start with a Fictional League, a Historical League, I just don't know.
Would appreciate any help. Thank You!
Greek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:59 PM   #2
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

sounds like you want something like this:

-choose 'create fictional league'

-setup your league structure (i.e. - if you want the modern MLB structure, just choose that in the drop-down) - click 'next step'

-just below the 'league level' there is a red button that says 'switch to historical team selection'. Click that.

- then just select the year/team to fill in every division and proceed with the rest of your setup.(uncheck all the minors if you're just looking for a mlb league of champions without a minor league system under it).
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:52 PM   #3
Greek
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thank you. I kept selecting MLB instead of just hitting next, which is why I never got the option to import the teams.

I played a full season perfectly (no trades, play with original team), as the manager, but am having a little trouble getting my new champion League (teams from different years) to be "manage only", the computer keeps making trades. I did not select commissioner mode (I also tried universal commissioner) in an effort to stop the trading but it keeps happening. I'll keep working on this one.

Thank you again.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:53 PM   #4
Greek
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Oh, the season I played perfectly was using all the teams from 1969
Old 06-07-2015, 01:55 PM   #5
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek View Post
Thank you. I kept selecting MLB instead of just hitting next, which is why I never got the option to import the teams.

I played a full season perfectly (no trades, play with original team), as the manager, but am having a little trouble getting my new champion League (teams from different years) to be "manage only", the computer keeps making trades. I did not select commissioner mode (I also tried universal commissioner) in an effort to stop the trading but it keeps happening. I'll keep working on this one.

Thank you again.
a few advanced tweaks that might help:

as you're setting up the league, click 'advanced options'.

-under the 'rules' tab, uncheck the 'enable trades' box to stop the AI from making trades during the season. Might also want to uncheck the amateur draft as well, assuming you're just playing a one-season champions league and not a multi-season career mode.

-under the 'players' tab, change 'generate international free agents', 'international scouting discoveries', 'generate international established free agents', and 'generate free agents from independent leagues' to None. This will keep the odd fictional player from popping up into your historical mix.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:24 PM   #6
Greek
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Shall do. What a great help you are. I think, like my choosing MLB instead of Next, I am bouncing round the right idea, just not doing it in the proper order. I've tried the "no trade" but not the "amateur draft" and have not messed with the Players tab. With your help I may just get there. I will say this, Strata-o-Matic was easier with the cards. 8-)

Thank you.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:34 PM   #7
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek View Post
Shall do. What a great help you are. I think, like my choosing MLB instead of Next, I am bouncing round the right idea, just not doing it in the proper order. I've tried the "no trade" but not the "amateur draft" and have not messed with the Players tab. With your help I may just get there. I will say this, Strata-o-Matic was easier with the cards. 8-)

Thank you.

yeah, there are a lot of little check boxes and options all over the place that have a big impact if they are or aren't checked off. I've run lots of trial-n-error leagues trying to get the right settings for "fictional" leagues using real players with random debuts for example; and keeping the fictional player creep to zero.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:42 PM   #8
Greek
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Bummer, did as above but a lot of training. I selected Manager only option (cannot be fired). I had tried Selecting Commissioner Mode before , but that did not work either. Anyway, getting closer,. Just gotta' stop that trading now as, as you said, I just want this one year league with no development.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:42 PM   #9
Greek
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I gotta' learn how to type. That is, "there was a lot of TRADING"
Old 06-07-2015, 04:31 PM   #10
Greek
Minors (Rookie Ball)

GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!

Bill