Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Technical Support

FHM - Technical Support Got problems running FHM or want to report a bug? See here!

Old 01-19-2015, 05:26 PM   #961
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwells1234 View Post
Mac

I have set the resolution to everything and nothing is helping
I don't have my Mac here but please test fullscreen.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:49 PM   #962
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

+Sebastian Palkowski

I have the game set to FullScreen which is why I am confused it is not going fullscreen!
deanwells1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:14 PM   #963
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore4807 View Post
Ok,

Here's the usual starter questions - What kind of computer is your laptop?

I was able to play it before. I just cant now. This unfortunately indicates it's something you did - not the game. But it's still early...

Assuming you have a Intel laptop. Have you right clicked on the desktop icon? It should look something like this attachment.

Restore previous version is what I'd recommend, followed by the second step of changing the screen resolution back to windowed mode. I'ts definitely possible your full screen is exceeding the capabilities of the screen size and that is your laptops response to an impossible command.
I have a Samsung computer. I did what you said and, first it says that there are no previous versions, and that i cant even get to the main screen, it just white screens as soon as i click on the shortcut to start the game.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:37 PM   #964
moore4807
All Star Starter

itsmb8,

OK - Samsung with what Windows version? The model number would help me too ( I can look it up to see what your native screen resolution is, etc.) I realize I was not specific enough with my request.

Do you have any other problems with ANY programs running on your laptop? Not just games... any program of any type.

I played around with FHM on my laptop tonight, trying to get the white screen, but the worst I could do was make the screen edges distort from changing the screen resolution. Thats why I'm curious that you had the game running before, but what happened to change that?
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:08 PM   #965
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
itsmb8,

OK - Samsung with what Windows version? The model number would help me too ( I can look it up to see what your native screen resolution is, etc.) I realize I was not specific enough with my request.

Do you have any other problems with ANY programs running on your laptop? Not just games... any program of any type.

I played around with FHM on my laptop tonight, trying to get the white screen, but the worst I could do was make the screen edges distort from changing the screen resolution. Thats why I'm curious that you had the game running before, but what happened to change that?
Its Windows 7 I believe. And the model number is the NP-RV510.

With any other programs, not that I can recall... OOTP 15 works perfectly, Links 2003 is fine. Nascar Racing 2003 is fine. Chrome, The Sims, Microsoft Office, Spotify, etc... Everything is a-okay except for this....

EDIT: I was correct, its Windows 7 Home Premium.

Last edited by itsmb8; 01-20-2015 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:30 PM   #966
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Is it possible there isnt enough space on my hard drive, thus the game wont run because there isnt enough space to run it?
Old 01-20-2015, 08:57 PM   #967
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8 View Post
Its Windows 7 I believe. And the model number is the NP-RV510.

With any other programs, not that I can recall... OOTP 15 works perfectly, Links 2003 is fine. Nascar Racing 2003 is fine. Chrome, The Sims, Microsoft Office, Spotify, etc... Everything is a-okay except for this....

EDIT: I was correct, its Windows 7 Home Premium.
OK,

Here is your maximum video resolution from the Samsung specs sheet.
Resolution - 1366 x 768
Now that isn't really high and should be covered as one of the resolutions the game can run in.

I did some looking into "laptop white screens" and they either reported a white screen as soon as the laptop booted up through Windows (loose video connection or bad screen) or it was a virus that locked the video screen up in a white hue... Neither seems to describe your problem, so far...

The specs say you have a VGA port to connect to a exterior screen. Do you have a VGA cable and VGA capable monitor? That would be one way to confirm its not the laptop graphics. Secondly - do you know how to select display and choose your graphics mode on the laptop?
Old 01-20-2015, 09:04 PM   #968
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
Is it possible there isnt enough space on my hard drive, thus the game wont run because there isnt enough space to run it?
Easy answer - Your HDD is 320GB according to the specs and your HDD should be 50% empty for optimal performance.
You can always lower the cache if your using more than 50% of the HDD but it quickly degrades performance if not regularly defragged and cleaned. Fortunately it is one of the easier laptop upgrades to do that does NOT require taking it to a repair shop. See this YouTube video about disassembling your laptop -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McsIYdUPyWE

I do not believe its the cause of your video problems, though I can easily be wrong (just ask my wife)

Last edited by moore4807; 01-20-2015 at 09:36 PM. Reason: added YouTube video link
Old 01-20-2015, 09:38 PM   #969
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
OK,

Here is your maximum video resolution from the Samsung specs sheet.
Resolution - 1366 x 768
Now that isn't really high and should be covered as one of the resolutions the game can run in.

I did some looking into "laptop white screens" and they either reported a white screen as soon as the laptop booted up through Windows (loose video connection or bad screen) or it was a virus that locked the video screen up in a white hue... Neither seems to describe your problem, so far...

The specs say you have a VGA port to connect to a exterior screen. Do you have a VGA cable and VGA capable monitor? That would be one way to confirm its not the laptop graphics. Secondly - do you know how to select display and choose your graphics mode on the laptop?
1) For the VGA, not that i know of. 2) I do not.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:36 PM   #970
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Huh, yet when i try to play it on another user it works perfectly fine. Is it possible to change the window size the game uses from outside the game?
Old 01-20-2015, 10:44 PM   #971
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
Huh, yet when i try to play it on another user it works perfectly fine. Is it possible to change the window size the game uses from outside the game?
Y ES!!!

To check your game resolution
1) right click on the FHM14 icon and go to the bottom and left click on properties it should look like this.

Then make sure the run says normal window - just as it does in the screenshot.
Attached Images
Old 01-20-2015, 10:49 PM   #972
moore4807
All Star Starter

Your next step is to check the compatibility screen under properties.

left click on the tab on the top right that says Compatibility. Make sure everything is unchecked, with the exception of run as administrator... but you do not have to have that checked right now, we are just ensuring you are not overriding the native Windows setup from these commands.

Let me know what you find or better yet post a screenshot (I use Windows Paint and the .jpg setting)
Attached Images
Old 01-20-2015, 11:16 PM   #973
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Your next step is to check the compatibility screen under properties.

left click on the tab on the top right that says Compatibility. Make sure everything is unchecked, with the exception of run as administrator... but you do not have to have that checked right now, we are just ensuring you are not overriding the native Windows setup from these commands.

Let me know what you find or better yet post a screenshot (I use Windows Paint and the .jpg setting)
Dont know what to say anymore. Its like the game just cant load on that user.

Last edited by itsmb8; 07-17-2017 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:04 AM   #974
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
Dont know what to say anymore. Its like the game just cant load on that user.
Your comment is exactly what makes me think its something overriding the native windows video settings since you can see the game using another user (administrator?).

Just for giggles - under the compatibility tab, at the bottom is the "Use these settings for all users" or something similar to that. Try doing that and see if it improves the situation. and then there is the next step of right clicking on your desktop and going to video settings under the affected user login.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:43 PM   #975
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Your comment is exactly what makes me think its something overriding the native windows video settings since you can see the game using another user (administrator?).

Just for giggles - under the compatibility tab, at the bottom is the "Use these settings for all users" or something similar to that. Try doing that and see if it improves the situation. and then there is the next step of right clicking on your desktop and going to video settings under the affected user login.
I'll try these and tell you what happens. In the mean time, im just gonna play on the admin account and transfer the stuff back if it starts working. Btw, I think I might start a dynasty here, but im kinda undecided how to start it, so look for that!
Old 01-21-2015, 10:08 PM   #976
moore4807
All Star Starter

Talking

Quote:
I'll try these and tell you what happens. In the mean time, im just gonna play on the admin account and transfer the stuff back if it starts working. Btw, I think I might start a dynasty here, but im kinda undecided how to start it, so look for that!
Looking forward to reading your dynasty! Jump in! the waters warm...
Old 01-21-2015, 10:51 PM   #977
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Looking forward to reading your dynasty! Jump in! the waters warm...
Im posting it now btw lol. Also, can we get an admin to delete my first one? Posted it in the MODS thread accidentally.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:26 AM   #978
Pad
Bat Boy

I'm using version 1.6 Build 19 Steam with Win 7.

It's now my first off season and in a free agent signings offers stay open even if the declines my contract offer and signs with another team. I've been able to sign few players but more have declined my offer. My current available money for free agent signings is -20k.

Also, the three stars that are assigned after the game are a bit weird to say the least. Here's an example: a player who had three assist didn't get any of the stars but a player who had 0+0=0, -1, 2 pim was selected for two stars. There were many times when something like that happened.

I'm playing in the Finnish Liiga and I was able to sign a player after the transfer deadline as long as I offered the contract before the deadline.

Last edited by Pad; 01-25-2015 at 10:43 AM.
Pad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:10 PM   #979
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Not sure if this is a bug but my AHL team (Utica Comets) will not dress the proper amount of defencemen, it just dresses the same 2 guys in all 6 spots. I uploaded the files and a crash log to the FTP under FHM2014CrashlogCanucks.zip incase it's something that needs to be looked at. On a Mac 10.10 if that matters.
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:09 PM   #980
Renegade11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

any word on a fix yet for the problem I posted earlier? I cannot sim past October 2..as soon as I do game crashes. Am using Version 1.6 build 19...PC Windows 7 and I bought the game via download, not through steam

Last edited by Renegade11; 01-28-2015 at 12:28 AM.
Renegade11 is offline   Reply With Quote