Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-15-2019, 11:25 AM   #281
Morgans Magic
Minors (Single A)

Subbed out second game of series, no fatigue/reason

Playing in a SmallCap league in a best of 3 and on the second game the computer subbed in my backup leftfielder. So like, I know tiredness couldn't be an issue.

The LF was Bullet Joe Brogan a two-way player, and they subbed in a 41 (was 1-2 with a walk, so the loss was not his fault, that I can tell).

There was no provision for him to ever be subbed unless tired.
Morgans Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:26 AM   #282
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
If it's a dup, there's no problem because you still have one. But if it's your only one, you can't know. It might be a good idea to list Tournament Roster if it's on that, but not on the Active Roster, so people know the card is being used.
Does the game automatically replace one with the other in the tournament if you sell the wrong dupe?

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 01:04 PM   #283
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgans Magic View Post
Playing in a SmallCap league in a best of 3 and on the second game the computer subbed in my backup leftfielder. So like, I know tiredness couldn't be an issue.

The LF was Bullet Joe Brogan a two-way player, and they subbed in a 41 (was 1-2 with a walk, so the loss was not his fault, that I can tell).

There was no provision for him to ever be subbed unless tired.
Check the box score at the bottom. He was probably thrown out of the game for arguing a strike call, or starting a brawl.

Pitchers can leave early due to rain delay also.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 01:08 PM   #284
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Check the box score at the bottom. He was probably thrown out of the game for arguing a strike call, or starting a brawl.

Pitchers can leave early due to rain delay also.
This feature shouldn't be in PT. This feature especially shouldn't be in tournaments.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 01:17 PM   #285
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

If Bullet Joe was your next scheduled starter then he'll sit as a battery the day before to rest before his start
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 01:19 PM   #286
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

Whenever I won PPs in a tournament it didn't show in the transaction history. I didn't pay attention to my PP total so as someone else already mentioned before I'm not sure if I actually got them or not.

edit: nevermind, the PPs my team won now show up in the transaction history.

F2P Team

Last edited by dancariaz; 11-15-2019 at 02:25 PM.
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 01:44 PM   #287
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

I'm not getting league updates. I am in my PT league. I get a notification that I lost a tournament, but no popup every 30 minutes to update my league.
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:06 PM   #288
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

I'd like to see the tournaments played always sort in the same order. That is with the most recent tournament at the top. Currently, two of my teams had the most recent tournament on top, and one had it on the bottom. With the logo loading issue that many have described, I find myself clicking on and waiting and realizing the top tournament was not the most recent one. Please make this uniform.

Also, I would like to see tournament statistics for each player show on the card once the tournament is over. It would add to my enjoyment to review these and make me feel like my choices matter more than they actually do.

Oh, and I did get a 3rd/4th finish today and the 1500pp popped up in my transactions and balance. So great!

Last edited by Leo_The_Lip; 11-15-2019 at 02:07 PM.
Leo_The_Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:21 PM   #289
funseeker
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Daily Big Cap 1625 Bof5F7 - AI seems to have reset my active roster and I now have 14 pitchers & 11 position players. Tourney has started so I can't make changes. Have had similar issue twice before this - 22 pitchers & 3 position players.
funseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:13 PM   #290
allenciox
All Star Reserve

So in "Daily Gold Historical B07" (resembles year 1990) I noticed that the team I am playing against has only three of the starter slots filled. Then I noticed that his first starter was 100% rested even though they had only pitched two days before.

Then I noticed the same on my pitching rotation... it seems like the pitchers are only needing two days rest. Is this a bug or is this due to the year 1990 placement (which I would not have thought of as true for 1990 --- maybe 1920).

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:51 PM   #291
Catchthedamnball
Minors (Double A)

It seems that instead of importing the roster that fits for the exact format of the roster, the game automatically imports the roster that fits the tournament rules that was modified last. Then, when I activated some of the players from the roster I wanted (who had mysteriously become deactivated in the tournament universe) and tried to import the roster file, I got error 142 and the roster wouldn't import.

Catchthedamnball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:28 PM   #292
Alaric410
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm wondering if the issue reported by many with SPs being used out of order may be linked to the issue with changing the roster for one tournament affecting the roster in another? i.e. whenever you hit "submit" in any tournament, your roster in any other similar tournament is getting updated, including which pitcher is next up in the rotation.

Alaric410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:47 PM   #293
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I have no idea. My starting pitching usage seems completely random and I never change my starting roster while I've got another tournament in progress (learned that lesson) nor during the tournament ever. I never click "Submit" after it starts, so it might be the mere act of opening up a tournament in progress resets your next pitcher in others? Who knows.

Last edited by dkgo; 11-15-2019 at 11:50 PM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 12:29 AM   #294
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Prizes should scale:

Best of 5 8-man -- 1000 points
Best of 5 16-man -- 2000 points
Best of 5-7 32 man -- 3 regular packs -->????? Duh should be a diamond pack: 4000 residual points + 5 lottery tickets, or 4 regular packs, 2packs for 2nd and 1 pack for 3-4, to compensate everyone for the extra waiting time for it to fill.
Old 11-16-2019, 01:13 AM   #295
bailey
Hall Of Famer

In the bracket of 32, there is no room for team names, so I wonder if hovering with the mouse over the team logo should bring up some info about the team like in other places of the game.
Attached Images
Old 11-16-2019, 03:22 AM   #296
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Okay... it might be that I am entirely stupid and ignorant about this; maybe someone can enlighten me.

Daily DEL Silver tournament. I was under the impression that double elimination means that you have to lose twice before the final series to be eliminated. My team lost once, against a team they had already played against and beaten, and was apparently eliminated? How can a 2-0 team play a 1-1 team in round 3?

Any insight? Or is this really a bug?
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 04:06 AM   #297
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaric410 View Post
I'm wondering if the issue reported by many with SPs being used out of order may be linked to the issue with changing the roster for one tournament affecting the roster in another? i.e. whenever you hit "submit" in any tournament, your roster in any other similar tournament is getting updated, including which pitcher is next up in the rotation.
Yes, that is the case at the moment. It will no longer be a problem once we have fixed the syncing.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 04:15 AM   #298
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Okay... it might be that I am entirely stupid and ignorant about this; maybe someone can enlighten me.

Daily DEL Silver tournament. I was under the impression that double elimination means that you have to lose twice before the final series to be eliminated. My team lost once, against a team they had already played against and beaten, and was apparently eliminated? How can a 2-0 team play a 1-1 team in round 3?

Any insight? Or is this really a bug?
It's not a true double-elimination bracket. It's the same modified double-elimination like in the base game, where it's 2 rounds of double-elimination but then drops into a standard elimination bracket after that. A little confusing - we'll probably run a lot less of them going forward.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 04:25 AM   #299
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
In the bracket of 32, there is no room for team names, so I wonder if hovering with the mouse over the team logo should bring up some info about the team like in other places of the game.
I'll try.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 11-16-2019 at 04:39 AM.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:29 AM   #300
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
I have no idea. My starting pitching usage seems completely random and I never change my starting roster while I've got another tournament in progress (learned that lesson) nor during the tournament ever. I never click "Submit" after it starts, so it might be the mere act of opening up a tournament in progress resets your next pitcher in others? Who knows.
If it's the same type restriction-wise, yes. Because most likely you have auto-submit enabled.