Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-15-2019, 11:51 AM   #101
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwatic View Post
1750 can easily fit over 8 or 9 perfects and historical high diamonds if you punt on the rest of the roster
I wonder if it could be worked out that the cap would be the average value of actual cards... So 17, 18, 20, 25 or 30 players, the cap might be an average player value of 70, 75 or 80.

I think the 40 filler works OK but I'm not sure 25 is the right number for all the tourneys & I think maybe the way to cap the value would be the value of the players whether averaged out or total on actual cards with a maximum on total # of players.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 11-15-2019 at 11:56 AM.
One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:54 AM   #102
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatMan22 View Post
Yes-this is killing me too. I'm at work so I don't have examples in front of me, but I was poking around for some good 40-69 options in the Auction House and their prices have just skyrocketed. The same guys you could get for a couple hundred PP before tournaments (even after collections!) are going for a couple thousand now. Rewards for these tournaments are not nearly significant enough to justify that sort of increase. Card hoarding and market exploitation are really taking the air out of the game right now.
You gotta wait that out. Until someone is selling them at a reasonable price. They'd sell them for more if they could.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:57 AM   #103
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
I wonder if it could be worked out that the cap would be the average value of actual cards... So 17, 18, 20, 25 or 30 players, the cap might be an average player value of 70, 75 or 80.

I think the 40 filler works OK but I'm not sure 25 is the right number for all the tourneys & I think maybe the way to cap the value would be the value of the players whether averaged out or total with a maximum on total # of players.

my 2 cents on the 40 filler Jim Unknowns... if they have to be kept in the mix, I'd like to see them tagged somehow as "ineligible to play", so teams are at least forced to have a bare minimum of actual batters/pitchers to field a team.... if someone wants to run with an ironman squad of only 9 batters and 3 pitchers, so be it; but make them play every inning of every game regardless of exhaustion and see if they can still last the whole tourney
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 05:19 PM   #104
bailey
Hall Of Famer

After playing over 100 tournaments my takeaway is:
Maybe too many tournaments are available, too much choice.

I think there should only be quicks and dailies. Doing well in dailies qualifies for weeklies and doing well in those qualifies for monthlies as I described in post #78. There are too many modes. I don't see much difference in adding 2 games to the final. I prefer best of 7, but none were ever on offer for open unrestricted quick tournaments of 8. Why not? A best of 9 would be desirable. I really prefer longer tournaments, minimum 7, but jump in on the shorter ones just for the action.

Quick tournaments should not be bigger than 32 teams.

Probably 16 and even these don't fill as quickly with the 8's available. Not interested in big awards, just want the action. I'd rather play in two 8's than one 16 and 32's, well, you can't beta test anything by waiting around.

The big tournaments (64+ ) should be Daily or Weekly tournaments, scattered throughout the day.

Any tournaments should start immediately when filled.

Sim interval after the first sim should be 10 minutes across the board, otherwise big tournaments take too long.

Absolutely.

Finally, a reminder--- tournaments of 2 people, no rewards. First person to sign up should have the right to reject a 2nd person, if the first person is waiting for a friend.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:30 PM   #105
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

I would absolutely love to have each tournament be permanent and preserve history, like past winners, past MVP's etc. It would help the tournament build some prestige.

An adding to that, how about we can only use our players in one tournament at a time... in other words if there are two historic tournaments going and you want to join both, you're not going to be able to join with the same players on both, adding the need to manage our players better and focus on specific tournaments with our best players.

Last edited by X3NEIZE; 11-15-2019 at 08:32 PM.
X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 12:16 AM   #106
magic1313
Bat Boy

I did not read previous posts since this is already a decently long thread, but I would like to see 5 minute intervals between games, should be more than enough time to make changes and these big 128 best of 7 tournies take forever.

I would agree at this point there are way too many options, the daily tournies don't seem to be filling consistently
magic1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 12:37 AM   #107
triceratops99
Bat Boy

For those of us who micromanage and use a different lineup for pretty much every game, a 10 minute interval cuts things very close..by the time the sim is over and the results are digested, there's usually about 6 minutes left, which is usually enough time to make changes, but also doesn't allow much time to get away from the game, which can be nice sometimes . Also such an interval leaves zero time to micromanage my regular PT. If there is a 10 minute interval, I could not possibly play more than one tournament at a time.

My experience with 128 team tournaments has been very enjoyable so far. Thanks for all the hard work, tournament mode is tons of fun.
triceratops99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:01 AM   #108
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
The 128 team bronzes fill up regularly and are good fun.
I've actually grown to appreciate them more, particularly as Overnight mode. (Start three up, go to sleep, check results before work.)

They're still a clog in AM weekdays, though. Not enough people around to fill them.

I'm developing play patterns already...heh.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:05 AM   #109
malichai11
Minors (Triple A)

Is there a way to exit a tournament? There's this 1500 cap daily tournament that is taking up one of my 3 tournament slots and it keeps getting delayed and not starting. I'm missing out on other tournaments. Thanks!
malichai11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:52 AM   #110
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by malichai11 View Post
Is there a way to exit a tournament? There's this 1500 cap daily tournament that is taking up one of my 3 tournament slots and it keeps getting delayed and not starting. I'm missing out on other tournaments. Thanks!
If the tournament has not been created yet, if you click on the tournament to expand it on the selection page, then there is a button to withdraw.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote