Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-23-2020, 12:44 PM   #1
halfbutt
Minors (Double A)

Feeling outclassed

Hi all, I'm brand new to Perfect Team so I have a couple questions.

Forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong place.

First off, is there a way to see how I finished in the Entry Pool? Overnight that season ended and I have been placed into an iron league. I thought it would be useful to evaluate stats etc.

Second, I realize we are placed in divisions according to win percentage, but I have a team of two golds and a bunch of silver and bronze cards, and somehow am competing with some teams that have mostly diamond and gold cards. Is this normal?

I'm fine with the challenge, but it seems kind of odd.

Thanks!
halfbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:49 PM   #2
Warhawk
Major Leagues

It'll shake out eventually, there's not enough whales to fill the entire iron level, they'll get promoted first.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:59 PM   #3
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbutt View Post
Hi all, I'm brand new to Perfect Team so I have a couple questions.

Forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong place.

First off, is there a way to see how I finished in the Entry Pool? Overnight that season ended and I have been placed into an iron league. I thought it would be useful to evaluate stats etc.

Second, I realize we are placed in divisions according to win percentage, but I have a team of two golds and a bunch of silver and bronze cards, and somehow am competing with some teams that have mostly diamond and gold cards. Is this normal?

I'm fine with the challenge, but it seems kind of odd.

Thanks!

Welcome to Perfect Team!

Unfortunately it sounds like you will be fighting that situation until next Monday when all of the PT promotions and regulations will take place.

Hopefully for your sake, the power-house teams will move on and you will be assigned into a league that doesn't have such powerful teams.

Many of those power-house teams that your team is currently playing against are controlled by guys who are buying extra Perfect Points and that is why their teams are so strong, this early into the start of PT.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 01:04 PM   #4
skep
Minors (Double A)

No way that I know of to view results of your entry league. I think you can view results of past years once you're out of the entry league, but I've never looked into it.

As for being outclassed, I know the feeling and you should get used to it for a little while. The whales will filter up and you'll start seeing teams on your level.

As for how to advance your team, check out the tournaments!

skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 01:13 PM   #5
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Actually, we have a bunch of tutorial videos going live on our YouTube page in a few hours to help new players get acquainted with the mode. It will be stickied on the forums around 5:10pm ET

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Kris Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 01:13 PM   #6
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

And no, Entry Pool results are wiped once you are promoted

Old 03-23-2020, 07:07 PM   #7
BathshebasTub
Bat Boy

I am as well a noob to this! But am really enjoying it!
BathshebasTub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:57 PM   #8
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Good luck to the new players. I hope you find as much fun as most of us have.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:34 PM   #9
Grizzlegom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm new to this game and am just trying to figure it out but this thread called to me. My pitchers' ERA is basically in worst to best where the worst pitchers on my roster have the best ERAs and the best pitchers have the worst. How Kluber and Luzardo go out and pitch 2-3 innings and give up 6-8 runs EVERY SINGLE TIME will never cease to boggle the crap out of my mind. I get it when its a whale with an entire lineup of 90+ but when a team of 50s and 60s goes out and shells pitchers in the upper 70s and 80s consistently, its REALLY offputting.
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:05 PM   #10
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I'm new to this game and am just trying to figure it out but this thread called to me. My pitchers' ERA is basically in worst to best where the worst pitchers on my roster have the best ERAs and the best pitchers have the worst. How Kluber and Luzardo go out and pitch 2-3 innings and give up 6-8 runs EVERY SINGLE TIME will never cease to boggle the crap out of my mind. I get it when its a whale with an entire lineup of 90+ but when a team of 50s and 60s goes out and shells pitchers in the upper 70s and 80s consistently, its REALLY offputting.

What you are seeing is not uncommon.

Some players will play very well for one team and may play sub-par for another team. Sometimes this changes from year to year and sometimes a "star" player can never get it together.

It is something you will have to get use to and having back-up players may help you get through those tough times.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:16 PM   #11
halfbutt
Minors (Double A)

[QUOTE=skep;4606574]No way that I know of to view results of your entry league. I think you can view results of past years once you're out of the entry league, but I've never looked into it.

As for being outclassed, I know the feeling and you should get used to it for a little while. The whales will filter up and you'll start seeing teams on your level.

Yeah, I've gotta say, it kinda takes a lot of the fun out of it to just get beaten down by these credit card teams.

Thanks for the tournament suggestion.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:26 PM   #12
Orion
Major Leagues

Thar she Blows!!!

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:27 PM   #13
Grizzlegom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
What you are seeing is not uncommon.

Some players will play very well for one team and may play sub-par for another team. Sometimes this changes from year to year and sometimes a "star" player can never get it together.

It is something you will have to get use to and having back-up players may help you get through those tough times.
The problem I see with this is that losing consistently means fewer PP. Fewer PP means you can't get more cards (certainly not comparably 'good' ones). Sounds 100% like pay to win is the only way to win then.

For a game that's dubbed as deeply rooted in strategy, having the seemingly sheer random luck factor of "that guy you just spent all that PP on actually sucks for no real reason" feels REAL bad.

Tried a tourney, Kluber went .2 innings and gave up 6 runs against a team with the highest rated hitter as a 65. Cool.
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:35 PM   #14
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
The problem I see with this is that losing consistently means fewer PP. Fewer PP means you can't get more cards (certainly not comparably 'good' ones).
The inverse of this is also true. Weaker teams earn less achievements, but stronger teams also earn more. This is why a large competitive imbalance - whether it is due to money, luck, tanking, or any other artificial non-baseball factor - is ultimately detrimental to the game.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:31 PM   #15
EJ
Minors (Double A)

Just to show you how much of a noob I am to this, it took a few posts to figure out what a "whale" is.
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:34 AM   #16
halfbutt
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
The problem I see with this is that losing consistently means fewer PP. Fewer PP means you can't get more cards (certainly not comparably 'good' ones). Sounds 100% like pay to win is the only way to win then.

For a game that's dubbed as deeply rooted in strategy, having the seemingly sheer random luck factor of "that guy you just spent all that PP on actually sucks for no real reason" feels REAL bad.

Tried a tourney, Kluber went .2 innings and gave up 6 runs against a team with the highest rated hitter as a 65. Cool.
This exactly.

I'm all good with getting shelled 18-0 by the guy that has literally every top star in today's MLB in his lineup until his team "filters up" next week, but what is to stop the same thing from happening in the subsequent season when the next unimaginative manager opens his wallet?

For now, I'll just enjoy the one in five games my David team beats Goliath.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:42 AM   #17
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

The key is, don't get discouraged in the first few weeks. As the top teams get promoted to the higher levels, you'll find yourself playing against more and more "similar" competition. It just takes a few weeks for the promotion system to space teams out

Old 03-24-2020, 11:52 AM   #18
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
The inverse of this is also true. Weaker teams earn less achievements, but stronger teams also earn more. This is why a large competitive imbalance - whether it is due to money, luck, tanking, or any other artificial non-baseball factor - is ultimately detrimental to the game.
There aren't THAT many whales. You can definitely work your way to one of the top levels without spending money, it just takes some patience.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 03:04 PM   #19
Swill
Bat Boy

Curious as to how much your team strategy contributes to this. I have been doing some Iron and Bronze tournaments and trying to figure out what sets teams apart.
Swill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:07 PM   #20
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Don't be in such a hurry. The best thing about playing .500 ball, or even being demoted, is that it gives you time to do a couple of things:

Bench depth--the guys cracking 200 packs have it, odds are you do not. Bench depth is important as hell for both tournaments AND collections.
Position training for players that need it. Flexibility later on.
A crack at that title for every season you don't blow right past it. The 'whales' will mostly be moving on up at maximum possible speed, that's what they pay to do.
A chance to work on your 'theme', ballpark, strategies--sell off players that don't fit your purposes, and acquire players that do.

Believe me, you don't want to arrive at diamond unprepared.

We'll be here for fifty-ish weeks, in the 21 version. Don't don't don't stand on the gas pedal with that brick wall in front of you.