Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-07-2019, 09:11 AM   #1
omniart
Major Leagues

P409

I see a lot of familiar teams out there. Glad I wasn't placed in the Division of Death. The Bel Air Princes hope to make the playoffs, but just managing to avoid relegation is an accomplishment at this point.
Cincinnati Packers, American Circuit
Athletic Bilbao, UEBA
omniart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:23 AM   #2
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Made it to P409 this season, Bob's Burgers in the AC West. Which one is the Division of Death?

Snaggletown in your division moved up from diamond with my team. They were up 2 games to none in the WS, crushing the Burgers 16-0 in game 2 but couldn't hold on to win the series. Was sweet to win the series after that beatdown.

pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:38 AM   #3
jamsdead
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Gotta be talking about the NL West. 9x World Series winners not counting me. Also 9 if you count me (Charlotte Independence). I did however manage to lose Game 7 of the World Series last season. THIS must be my reward.

Good luck to all!
jamsdead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:40 AM   #4
SeanBerry
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I believe I'm one of the new kids here. I'm the NH Granite. Was stuck in Diamond an extra year but was able to win last year (against Fond Du Luc..who also in the league) so I got promoted.

I am completely terrified of the competition in Perfect.
SeanBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:49 AM   #5
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

If it's the NL West, Ozark Mountain and Caracas are great teams in that division.

Old 01-07-2019, 12:11 PM   #6
omniart
Major Leagues

Yep. It's the division with Ozark Mountain and Portland. I only took a glance at the league before work this morning, but I think that I saw Avon Lake there, too. And Caracas is a good team. They had a deep run in the Perfect League playoffs last week. Best of luck to you, Jamsdead!
Athletic Bilbao, UEBA
Old 01-07-2019, 07:57 PM   #7
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Super tight races so far, 17 games in and nobody with more than 10 wins or 10 losses. My bullpen and starting pitching is getting blown to pieces, 1st in runs scored tho

Old 01-08-2019, 12:36 AM   #8
omniart
Major Leagues

Back at home and can look around the league in a bit more detail.

I'm feeling pretty lucky to be in the NC East. It might be the weakest division: I certainly feel like I have a shot at the playoffs here. (I should add that even the "weak" teams in Perfect are darn good.)

I recommend taking a look at the lineup for Helos Haruspex. I love a team that goes all-in on a strategy, and the Haruspex are all about speed, speed, and more speed! In 22 games so far, they have stolen 70 bases. Next closest team is at 26. Last season, I noticed that they had stolen over 500 bases! Might be a nice way to rack up some PP? And it worked well enough that they didn't get relegated.
Athletic Bilbao, UEBA
Old 01-08-2019, 12:43 AM   #9
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Yep, I think anybody can win any of the divisions in this league, outside of the NC West. Both NC wildcards could come from that division, and the remaining divisions are up for grabs for pretty much anybody as no other teams look all that particularly special.

Old 01-08-2019, 01:04 AM   #10
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Yep, I think anybody can win any of the divisions in this league, outside of the NC West. Both NC wildcards could come from that division, and the remaining divisions are up for grabs for pretty much anybody as no other teams look all that particularly special.
Scratch that, the Brooklyn Black Sox are pretty loaded in the NC Central

Old 01-09-2019, 12:20 AM   #11
omniart
Major Leagues

Hey! I'm 24-28 ... and in first place! Meanwhile, the Portland Lumberjacks are 32-20 and not even in the wild card. I should be a little embarrassed about this, but for some reason I'm not.
Athletic Bilbao, UEBA
Old 01-09-2019, 07:26 AM   #12
OzzyOz23
Minors (Single A)

Brookyln Blacksox checking in here. Nice to meet you fellows. I've been a long time OOTP player - at least since version 6.5 or what have you. Having been a big time Baseball Mogul guy, I couldn't imagine something better - but OOTP rapidly became the cream of the crop. I've purchased every version since and lurked on these boards for a very long time. A tip of the cap to Marcus and crew.

Usually I play one modern day franchise (I try to fix the Mets year after pain staking year), one intriguing historical franchise (1970 Astros, 1980 Expos, 1986 Reds, etc), & an expansion franchise (Brooklyn Cyclones) per OOTP version.

I've really enjoyed Perfect Team far more than I thought I would. At first, it was about building my type of team...speed/defense, switch hitters where possible, & dynamite bullpens. However, as the weeks pass, I find myself more interested in chatting on Discord about players and strategy. Talking ball with avid baseball fans that have intriguing ideas really is becoming the best part of this experience for me.

Happy to meet you guys and best of luck!

Last edited by OzzyOz23; 01-09-2019 at 10:23 AM.
OzzyOz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:49 PM   #13
omniart
Major Leagues

That is one incredible team that you have built, OzzyOz23. I like that you have 2004 Barry Bonds batting leadoff. Way to use that on-base percentage! And your rotation might just be the best of all possible rotations. Pedro Martínez, Dwight Gooden, Randy Johnson, Walter Johnson, Kevin Brown. Sheesh!
Athletic Bilbao, UEBA
Old 01-09-2019, 11:26 PM   #14
5rings
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Grover Beach checking in. Playing .375 ball and no doubt looking at relegation, which is fine with me. Just don't have the horses (or team build yet) to play with the Perfects yet. I'm afraid that being a F2P team, by the time I save enough coin to get the arms....we are all going to be playing OOTP20!
5rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:13 AM   #15
OzzyOz23
Minors (Single A)

Thanks, Omni! I added a lot of pitching the last week or so. Flipped a bunch of cards I'd been holding on to for sentimental reasons, and made a generous contribution to Marcus' R & D account. It's the first time I have participated in micro- transactions for a game. Probably the last time too, since I'll be eating Ramen noodles until spring. But, if nothing else, I'm glad it went towards supporting the awesome work the guys are doing here. OOTP has meant a lot to me over the years. And looking at my conference, I may need all the help I can get to make the playoffs. Though, we went on a 17 game winning streak just before Pedro came on board. He may have messed with the team's juju!

Omni, you have, easily, the best looking graphics, maybe in all of PT. When I looked around the league early on, I just stared at your jerseys & logo for an uncomfortable period of time. I don't really remember the players as well as others, partially because I don't scout the other conference heavily, but mostly because I was just mesmerized by the design. Very well done!

Grover, I kind of think perfects are over-rated. Sure, it will get a team to the playoffs. But from what I've observed, an innovative strategy, with park factors that suit your team, is more important for winning a championship. Either way, I'll stay in OOTP 19 with you, at least until they close the servers down. I'm in too deep with my team to migrate and start anew!

Last edited by OzzyOz23; 01-10-2019 at 07:22 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:09 AM   #16
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Nice rise to the top of your division yesterday Omni! I think you were still there overnight.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:36 AM   #17
OzzyOz23
Minors (Single A)

Just saw that too. I really like your team, Omni. I checked in and didn't just stare at the pretty color scheme this time. Love all the lefty sticks & strong use of undervalued pitching. Especially Jim Kern. Really solid team you got there.

Last edited by OzzyOz23; 01-10-2019 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:35 PM   #18
5rings
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So for playing Challenge, I got a gold pack last night! My first one ever, all fired up. Man, I can use a guaranteed gold...maybe I'll get a diamond or perfect? Opened it up, and who do I see as a Gold 80 but my least favorite player, Puig, on my most hated franchise ever, the stinking loser Dodgers. Sigh.....

Then got stupid and spent my few thousand bucks on packs. Nada. Figured it was time to swing for the fences lol.
5rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:16 PM   #19
omniart
Major Leagues

My team was having an excellent July until I played you, Ozzy. Four-game sweep. Still, the Princes are playing as well as I could hope. My bats are all hitting and I'm third in runs scored behind the Brooklyn Black Sox and Bob's Burgers! Well done, Ozzy and Pappy! This is somewhat strange: when I excelled in the lower levels, it was because of my good defense and pitching.

Pappy, I looked at Bob's Burgers a bit more and noticed that we have similar teams in many ways. Lots of players with high contact and gap ratings, who also play good defense. You are the only team to have hit more doubles than me. I've been eyeing that 86 Charlie Gehringer card for a while now. Not keen on his defense, but I love his offensive profile.

Ozzy, thanks for the kind words! I put the Bel Air Princes logo together myself a few years back. Didn't really have a use for it until Perfect Team. (Some other samples of my work here.) You might note that my top card is the 87 Will Smith. Don't want to upstage the star. (Though I'm thinking of removing this limitation, as there just isn't quite enough good starting pitching below 87.)

As good as the Black Sox are offensively, it's the defense that impresses me. I also like your use of the 94 Norm Cash. That's one sweet card.

5rings, better luck next time with the card packs. I'd love to see you back in Perfect League next season, my friend!
Athletic Bilbao, UEBA
Old 01-10-2019, 11:01 PM   #20
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Yep Omni, our teams are pretty similar, with your defense being a little better. I've sacrificed a bit on defense to go after high contact, high gap, high avoid K's, above average baserunning guys (except for catchers and J.D.). To compensate for the little dip in defense, have gone after high strikeout pitchers. Always right there at the bottom of the barrel in efficiency, guessing the high avg/2b/3b ballpark factors figure into that somewhat, maybe a lot I dunno.

Still like how this league is pretty even across the board with the exception of 3 or 4 teams, including Ozzy's monster team. Ozzy, that's a crazy nice collection of dudes you've assembled there!

Jamsdead, that division you're in is a killer, bub.