Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-28-2017, 12:18 PM   #1
silentschauf
Bat Boy

Minor League Position Development Suggestion

I wish there was a better way to develop prospects ratings at positions and get them experience at different positions besides changing lineups all the time. I would suggest either: a checkbox system of where the prospects should get playing time at or enter percentages in a box of where they should be getting their playing time. I think this would be extremely helpful because sometimes it's just too much to manage so many prospects.
silentschauf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:48 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentschauf View Post
I wish there was a better way to develop prospects ratings at positions and get them experience at different positions besides changing lineups all the time. I would suggest either: a checkbox system of where the prospects should get playing time at or enter percentages in a box of where they should be getting their playing time. I think this would be extremely helpful because sometimes it's just too much to manage so many prospects.
Go to the player strategy screen and force that player at the position you want. i do this often when i need a SS to learn 2B or 3B or a C to learn 1B. Takes approx 20 games to get a 1 after 125 games he should be 3 or higher depending on intelligence and other factors.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:41 PM   #3
silentschauf
Bat Boy

I understand how to do this, but it would make it a lot easier if you could set an automatic rotation of positions for a player so you don't have to keep forcing them to different positions. Or if you could have an option for the manager to dynamically move them around the field to places that might make sense for that player. It would just make managing the minors a little more convenient I think.
silentschauf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 07:58 PM   #4
stiffy
Minors (Single A)

I think they should do something with the time between spring training and when rookie ball and short-season A starts. Maybe your player gains experience at whatever position they're set at (not in lineup, just their designated position) while games aren't being played. Or you could somehow select how they spend their time at different positions. Most of these players are actually in extended spring training and this is when many learn new positions before they step on the field for an actual game.
stiffy is offline   Reply With Quote