Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #1
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

OOTP15 and Ryan Dempster

With Dempster's announcement that he won't pitch in 2014, how will it be handled in OOTP?

My solution would be to put him in the roster as a free agent with a 10-month injury (to allow him to play spring training in 2015)
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:51 PM   #2
Irrelevant Dude
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
My solution would be to put him in the roster as a free agent with a 10-month injury (to allow him to play spring training in 2015)
The problem with that is he would still be on Boston's payroll, which won't be the case in actual MLB.
Irrelevant Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:40 PM   #3
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

I said "as a free agent", didn't I?
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:46 PM   #4
Irrelevant Dude
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I said "as a free agent", didn't I?
Whoops! I missed that part. I saw the "put him in the roster" and assumed Boston's roster. So yeah, I think giving him an injury and making him a free agent would be an acceptable solution.
Irrelevant Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:45 PM   #5
RchW
Hall Of Famer

I don't think OOTP is under any obligation to follow the minutia of individual player details. We human players can handle that.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #6
Cowboys3356
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
I don't think OOTP is under any obligation to follow the minutia of individual player details. We human players can handle that.
OOTP's very existence and success in the market IS "the minutia of individual player details".
Cowboys3356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:01 PM   #7
knightdreamer2k
Major Leagues

Quote:
With Dempster's announcement that he won't pitch in 2014, how will it be handled in OOTP?

Similar to this I am wondering how arod will be handled. Will he just appear somewhere after 2014.
knightdreamer2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:12 PM   #8
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Simple. Inroduce a restricted list in the MLB where Dempster is on right now. Also could be used for suspended players as well I suppose
Old 02-19-2014, 02:31 PM   #9
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
Simple. Inroduce a restricted list in the MLB where Dempster is on right now. Also could be used for suspended players as well I suppose
Agreed. LGO has posted the full list of lists that MLB has. In an ideal world all of them would be replicated in OOTP, but I'm pragmatic enough to get that it's not very likely lol.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:44 PM   #10
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
You can simulate this by "injuring" the players as suggested above and manually editing their contracts so that they're getting paid $0 for a year.

That way, they're not free agents, but they're also not going to count against payroll.

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 02-19-2014 at 02:46 PM.
eriqjaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:02 PM   #11
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys3356 View Post
OOTP's very existence and success in the market IS "the minutia of individual player details".
In the spirit of "it's your game, play it your way", I would have Dempster play. With that in mind I certainly would object to a roster set that eliminates him.

Edit;

Same with ARod, Gutierrez and any others.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 02-19-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:02 PM   #12
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
You can simulate this by "injuring" the players as suggested above and manually editing their contracts so that they're getting paid $0 for a year.

That way, they're not free agents, but they're also not going to count against payroll.
would you also have to update their service time?
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:34 PM   #13
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by le receveur View Post
would you also have to update their service time?
Yes, I think so. But if you put them on the 60-day disabled list, at leas they won't count towards the 40-man roster.

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 02-19-2014 at 04:37 PM.
eriqjaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:09 PM   #14
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys3356 View Post
We really, really try incredibly hard and spend tons of time to get the minutiae right when it comes to the roster set.

haveband and I are both incredibly OCD about getting the details right and we try to pass that on to the other folks that help with the rosters, not to mention finding folks to help that are as passionate and OCD about getting the rosters right as we are. Markus and Andreas wouldn't have it any other way!

I think this shows in how much the rosters have improved over the last few versions of OOTP, going from being very problematic and not terribly accurate with missing players, screwy ratings etc, to being very, very accurate and complete.

For this specific case, silvam's restricted list is the best idea. I've brought the idea of a restricted list up with Markus, not sure if it'll end up in 15 or not.

What I've been doing for now with the Korean League players who go into the army for a couple years is just giving those guys a 24 month injury and putting them on the DL.

Maybe that's the way to go with Dempster, idk. Will talk it over with haveband and we'll figure out the best way to handle it.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 02-19-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:13 PM   #15
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
In the spirit of "it's your game, play it your way", I would have Dempster play. With that in mind I certainly would object to a roster set that eliminates him.

Edit;

Same with ARod, Gutierrez and any others.
They certainly won't be "eliminated" depending on how you define "eliminated". ARod will be suspended and probably set with a $0 salary for this year.

As for Gutierrez, don't know for sure yet, but he'll probably just get a 365 day injury.

None of these sort of guys will be retired or deleted. In fact no one ever gets deleted from the roster set (unless a duplicate player was somehow created f.e.), worse case scenario they just get retired and are still present for you to do as you like with.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:17 PM   #16
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
They certainly won't be "eliminated" depending on how you define "eliminated". ARod will be suspended and probably set with a $0 salary for this year.

As for Gutierrez, don't know for sure yet, but he'll probably just get a 365 day injury.

None of these sort of guys will be retired or deleted. In fact no one ever gets deleted from the roster set (unless a duplicate player was somehow created f.e.), worse case scenario they just get retired and are still present for you to do as you like with.
Oh I wasn't suggesting that. It was a feeble attempt to say what you just did. The marbles in my mouth must have fallen on my keyboard. Thanks!

Edit; thanks for the work you do. It is not easy and there seem to be very few issues when you consider the number of OOTP users X players in the roster set.

RichW

#stopthestupid

Last edited by RchW; 02-19-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:46 PM   #17
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

This is all very interesting. I was planning to transmogrify (precise medical term) Matt Harvey's torn UCL into Dempster so Harvey is his beastly self for all of 2014. And I planned to holistically metamorphosize A-Rod into this guy:
Attached Images
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:15 PM   #18
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
His salary is $2.87 Million, because he is suspended for 162 games and gets paid for the off days based off service days.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:35 PM   #19
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
His salary is $2.87 Million, because he is suspended for 162 games and gets paid for the off days based off service days.
Source? Not doubting you, would just like to see some confirmation.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:46 AM   #20
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
This is all very interesting. I was planning to transmogrify (precise medical term) Matt Harvey's torn UCL into Dempster so Harvey is his beastly self for all of 2014. And I planned to holistically metamorphosize A-Rod into this guy:
I'm with you on the Harvey plan!