Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 10-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
MikeG719
Minors (Double A)

Requests for 2013

These are my requests. If any of these are possible Sebastian let me know.

1. AAA - Allow us just one minor league team with stats. Greatly add to the immersive factor.

2. Game logs - Especially for starters....so i can look back quickly to see how they have done over their past 5 or so starts.

3. Update Contract Negotiations - Add player options, team options, performance bonuses.

4. Ability to be Fired - Right now there's no consequences if your team struggles.

5. Budget - Allow owners to change budget status more frequently.

With the iphone 5 capabilities...I feel like it's possible to expand the game....can any of these be reasonably expected in the next version?
MikeG719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Game logs are there I believe. You need to look at the schedule and each Boxscore is available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
Cary
Minors (Single A)

Here's another one:

Make the list of all players searchable (or at least scrollable ... tapping those tiny buttons on an iPod Touch is pretty difficult)
Cary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
MikeG719
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillupi View Post
Game logs are there I believe. You need to look at the schedule and each Boxscore is available.

I'm saying just click on individual player and look at game logs that way.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
IAmC
Major Leagues

Of this list, the one thing that I would like most would be game logs on a player-by-player basis. I can understand that that could take significant memory, depending on how the game-by-game data is stored.

Far more important for me, though, would be the ability to look at the capabilities of my players on the bench during a game (e.g. left/right breakdown).

Another nice-to-have that would likely be easy is to put the name of the player being replaced at the top of the window when you're looking at alternatives on the bench. More than once, I've pinchhitted for someone only to find out that my fingers selected the wrong player and I now have (for example) no one available who can play third base.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Sorry I misunderstood.

phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #7
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

I request that Total Coelo does waste his hard earned benefit money buying iOOTP 2013 ....
Disco Dog 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #8
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmC View Post

Another nice-to-have that would likely be easy is to put the name of the player being replaced at the top of the window when you're looking at alternatives on the bench. More than once, I've pinchhitted for someone only to find out that my fingers selected the wrong player and I now have (for example) no one available who can play third base.
Sigh ... in a game I played today, I thought that I was pinchhitting Cecil Fielder for Rance Mulliniks in a R/L matching. Instead, I found that Cecil was pinchrunning for Joe Carter (batting before Rance) on first. Ouch!
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #9
Edster007
All Star Starter

I play with pbp fast. It would be nice if my opponent uses a pinch runner that when i hit pitch the runner is announced but no pitch is thrown. I have been caught a few times not seeing a different runner after a hit or walk and should have adjusted my strategy.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:42 AM   #10
revcarte
Major Leagues

also...

I would love to see the ability to "AirPrint" box scores etc... although I have almost given up hope to see it. I had quit playing the game but the new update got me interested again to some degree. I truly enjoy the fact that I can now see the pitch count and status of my pitcher on the bottom of the screen. thanks.
revcarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #11
bobellis75
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG719 View Post
These are my requests. If any of these are possible Sebastian let me know.

1. AAA - Allow us just one minor league team with stats. Greatly add to the immersive factor.

2. Game logs - Especially for starters....so i can look back quickly to see how they have done over their past 5 or so starts.

3. Update Contract Negotiations - Add player options, team options, performance bonuses.

4. Ability to be Fired - Right now there's no consequences if your team struggles.

5. Budget - Allow owners to change budget status more frequently.

With the iphone 5 capabilities...I feel like it's possible to expand the game....can any of these be reasonably expected in the next version?
Not sure if it's possible, but along with number 5 here, if an owner could adjust budget due to performance, that might be cool...if you underperform a few seasons for example....maybe the owner would cut budget and force you to rebuild.
bobellis75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #12
Maraxle
Bat Boy

I would love it if there was a way to lock certain people into the lineup, rotation, or depth chart, but let the computer manage the rest of the slots when you click the button.

For example, I have one member of my rotation whose stamina seems to waiver between 5 and 6. When he drops to 5, if I click the auto manage button, he gets shoved into the bullpen. But I know that in a week or so he'll probably bounce back. And I have another guy who always gets moved to the leadoff spot because he steals bases well, but I'd rather stick the guy who steals moderately well but has a much higher OBP there.
Maraxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #13
sfnate
Minors (Triple A)

Is Sebastian reviewing this thread? I don't see any posts from him here, just wondering if this is the best way to get the 2013 feature requests to him...

FWIW, here are my suggestions:
  • Filter "Active Players": filter by season (current or all), games/at bats/innings played. This would allow us to access a deeper "leaderboard", seeing beyond the current limitation of the 3 top players for each statistical category currently supported by the game. (Sure, I know you can currently view and sort the stats for all players in the league using the "Active Players" view, but without filtering, you get stat leaders mixed in with players who've only played a couple of games, or have had a limited number of at bats/innings pitched, making it difficult to see who the actual leaders are. Filters would allow you to remove from view the players who have not played the minimum number of games/at bats/innings.)
  • Add an option to view the stats for "Inactive Players" as well, perhaps as a filtering option for the "Active Players" view. This way a career leaderboard could be accessed for all players, active or retired.
  • Add the option to "zero out" or clear the stats of historical players when starting a new historical league. Some of us like to start the game without the accumulated stats, beginning with an inaugural draft as the Year Zero for our historical league.
  • Add the option to edit stadium names, either in the league creation screens (similar to how we can re-name the playoff stages), or on the Team edit screen.
sfnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #14
MikeG719
Minors (Double A)

I have another suggestion.....

Keeping track of career playoff stats.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #15
sfnate
Minors (Triple A)

A couple more requests for 2013:
  • Ability to edit award names (eg, "Cy Young" or "MVP" etc)
  • Career awards summary listing previous years' award winners
sfnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #16
McGuiser
Major Leagues

"Let AI pick" - or recommend?

During initial drafts especially, but also during subsequent amateur drafts, I would like to know whom the AI would draft for me, rather than blindly OK the AI choice.

There is no way to set AI drafting strategy, so this seems to make sense. We are all different, but you might absolutely want no one drafted at a certain position, or with certain characteristics (e.g. I avoid short-inning middle relievers, and at times you might want no more outfielders . . . or no more weak defenders . . . or no more fragile players).
McGuiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #17
JoseB
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Top 100 prospect list

It would be really helpful to have a centralized list of the Top 100 prospects in the minor and major leagues.

As is stands now, you have to go into each players' history and see if they are ranked. This would make prospecting for prospects (ha!) much simpler.
JoseB is offline   Reply With Quote