Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:06 PM   #1
coug1992
Bat Boy

Low "A" ball batting averages, era

Just a question from a newbie..In my league it appears that in the lower minors that my team batting average is 173 and my team era is 1.50? I'm using cubby's roster set..is there anything I can do to make that a little more realistic?
coug1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:33 AM   #2
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

That's kind of built into the system in 2006 (hopefully NOT in 2007). I suppose you could try tinkering with the league totals, but as 1998Yankees will tell you, that way lies madness. I've mitigated it slightly by giving 'hitters' parks' to the lower minor leagues. The real way to change it is to adjust your MLEs upward, but that will probably screw with your draft classes, tending to load them with superstars.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:50 PM   #3
coug1992
Bat Boy

Thanks for the reply...much appreciate..I hope they do some tweaking on 2007...so do you rely then on your scouts opinions? thanks again
Old 02-05-2007, 09:59 PM   #4
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

Heavily! Unlike many other posters, I LOVE the scouting system and make much use of it. 2007 scouting has been made more user friendly.

One thing — don't rely heavily upon your minor scouts; they have a tendency to consistently overrate. I PMed with Marcus, and he assured me that he would fix that for 2007, but I haven't seen any notice of it on the 2007 boards.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:24 PM   #5
coug1992
Bat Boy

re scouting

How do I scout the world(w/my scouts if that is possible)...It seems like I'm missing out on talent...the only option for scouting on that screen is the sion scouting...any ideas...again a newbie..thanks
Old 02-17-2007, 12:23 AM   #6
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

I did world scouting at one time (some posters swear by it; others had little success), but so long ago I've forgotten the procedure. I recommend reading the game guide/manual (one of which is an abbreviation of the other), which is where I learned how to do it. I understand that some people have had problems downloading from the site recently, so if you're unable to, post back here and maybe someone more knowledgable will give you the 411.

Edit: By the way, 'with scouts' is the only way to do it.

Last edited by Curtis; 02-17-2007 at 01:04 AM. Reason: forgot some stuff
Old 02-17-2007, 10:59 AM   #7
zukes
All Star Starter

You go to the "explore world" on the manager tab, then click on whatever country you want to scout and at the bottom it will say "Scout Nation". (You have to have "Create and maintain hidden players" checked in your game set-up from the start).

It usually takes a while for a scout to find a player. Generally I give them 2-3 months and if they haven't found anything, I'll move them to another country.
zukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:15 PM   #8
coug1992
Bat Boy

re scouting the world

Thanks for the responses...I went and checked on my game setup and the box for creating and maintaining hidden players is checked, however, there is no "scout the nation" box at the bottom of that particular screen..i'm using cubby2007 roster set...any ideas
Old 02-17-2007, 03:01 PM   #9
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

Good question. I've only done fictional leagues. If there are no fictional players in your league, then I would guess that there are no hidden players to find. I would ASSUME that the cubby roster would provide all of the players that you need in the annual draft classes.

Anybody else want to take a shot?
Old 02-18-2007, 11:38 AM   #10
zukes
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coug1992 View Post
Thanks for the responses...I went and checked on my game setup and the box for creating and maintaining hidden players is checked, however, there is no "scout the nation" box at the bottom of that particular screen..i'm using cubby2007 roster set...any ideas
It is not on that screen. You have to go to the "explore the world" on the manager tab. Then you pick a country by clicking on them, that is where the scout the nation button is.
zukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:51 PM   #11
coug1992
Bat Boy

manager screen

Zukes, thanks for the input,however, i still do not have the "scout the nation" button to find...any other ideas..thanks again for all of your help(thanks curtis)..
Old 02-19-2007, 08:09 PM   #12
coug1992
Bat Boy

nevermind

I'm an idiot! I did not notice that Cubby's default was not to include scouting...I suck...thanks for the help
Old 05-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #13
P1987
Bat Boy

Welcome to the forum, we are all glad to have you.
P1987 is offline   Reply With Quote