Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-23-2020, 05:53 PM   #1
Fronzizzle
Minors (Double A)

Missing Top Prospect/Riley Greene

Just downloaded the new game, this is the 5th version I've owned. I always play as my hometown team, the Tigers. First thing I see is the email about the Top 100 Prospects lists, and I notice someone is missing. Riley Greene, from the Tigers:

FanGraphs has him #52.
ESPN has him #51.
Keith Law has him #41.
MLB Pipeline has him #31.

OOTP has him...um...nowhere near the Top 100.

I get that there may be some disagreement on his actual ranking but not having him in the Top 100 at all seems like an oversight. I scanned the list and nothing else obvious jumped out at me, wondering if any other top guys have dropped so much?
Fronzizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:15 PM   #2
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Its not OOTP ratings but in the game world all those lists are populated by the in game OSA scouts not your team scouts or the BNN news like for draft picks/mock drafts.

The important thing is click on him and see what your scouts have him rated at? And more so go into player editor to see what his real stuff is or turn on 100% accuracy to see what it really is.

The OSA prospect list isn't necessarily your actual top prospects judged by you in your farm system.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:18 AM   #3
phenom
Hall Of Famer

I just started a game with 21.1.34 and stayed unemployed and Riley Greene is the #30 overall prospect according to BNN.

What number prospect is he?

phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:53 AM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

If you have scouting turned on (as is the case by default in a new game), the top prospect lists/ratings are somewhat randomized and can change each game.

Without scouting, using the true ratings, Greene is, iirc, the 50th overall rated prospect.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote