Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-21-2020, 03:24 PM   #1
Jim Hammell
Bat Boy

Player Trades

I would love to be able to see what the other teams needs are in the make a trade screen
Jim Hammell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 04:10 PM   #2
koolkerns101
Minors (Double A)

It's already there. Look at the "Strengths" section located between the two teams. It's broken down between prospects and big leaguers. Green means they're deep and red means they're weak.
koolkerns101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:20 AM   #3
Jim Hammell
Bat Boy

Thanks. What I would like is one screen that would say for instance

-,Baltimore is looking for a 3B
- Seattle is looking for a 3B
- etc.

That way you could see who will give you the best deal
Jim Hammell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:47 AM   #4
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hammell View Post
Thanks. What I would like is one screen that would say for instance

-,Baltimore is looking for a 3B
- Seattle is looking for a 3B
- etc.

That way you could see who will give you the best deal
I like this, it’s more cut and dry and to the point. I would add prospects to this as well:

Philadelphia is looking for a 3B prospect

I say keep the strengths but also add text for what a team is looking for somewhere in the trade screen.

Users already have this option when we set our team needs, it would be great to actually view what the AI wants.

Judging by only strength, there could be a team with on stud 2B prospect but not much depth at the position in the organization. This doesn’t necessarily mean that they are looking for a 2B prospect. On the flip side, they could be deep at SS and perceive to have depth there but don’t really have an above average prospect at the position who could be a long term starter for the major league team...

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 03-22-2020 at 10:39 AM.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 11:56 AM   #5
ThePride87
Minors (Double A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
By the way, while on the trade topic....people always speak as if trade difficulty is too easy, but I don't know, man....I just started a save on normal and no bias.

Tigers trade:
Miguel Cabrera (Tigers retain 15% of his remaining salary)
Parker Meadows (CF, POT 44, Age 20)
Franklin Perez (SP, POT 40, Age 22)
Riley Greene (RF, POT 44, Age 19)
Daz Cameron (RF, POT 47, Age 23)
The #1 Overall Pick

Phillies trade:
$216,312 in cash

I save $130M over the next 5 years by getting away from 85% of Miggy's deal, at the expense of the upcoming top pick, as well as 4 prospects in the 40s potential (maybe one of them could emerge, you know how this game goes). I feel like that's incredibly fair, I'm sacrificing the best piece a rebuilding team could ask for to get off of one of the worst contracts in baseball, while giving up 4 decent prospects. I think we doubt the devs ability on the trade front a bit too much.

(I love maxing out scouting and development, so the $130M matters greatly to me if I want to achieve that. Many wouldn't do this trade so willingly with giving up the pick)

Last edited by ThePride87; 03-22-2020 at 11:58 AM.
ThePride87 is offline   Reply With Quote