Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-14-2020, 07:02 PM   #21
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

been playing since 2000 or 2001 and every year is well worth it. can never go wrong.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 09:17 PM   #22
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
been playing since 2000 or 2001 and every year is well worth it. can never go wrong.
I have not been playing that long, but 100% agree; from my experience, you can never go wrong.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 07:56 AM   #23
ThePride87
Minors (Double A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdolecek49 View Post
is jt really worth it to upgrade to ootp 21? another question i have is are there any features in version 20 or 21 where I would be lacking if i do not follow the current players/teams of baseball? i'm an old skool baseball dude
I wasn't going to buy another version of the game, but when I found out scouting and drafting was improved, they sold me on it. The fact I will now be able to see the accuracy of my scouting reports, that changes everything for me....instead of having to assume every young prospect's ratings are going to be inaccurate, now I know exactly what is accurate and what isn't.

I was worried PT would take away from in-game improvements, but for OOTP21 that definitely wasn't the case this year, at least from what's been presented to me so far. Obviously there will be some bugs to work out, which is expected after launch.

Last edited by ThePride87; 03-15-2020 at 07:57 AM.
ThePride87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:12 AM   #24
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePride87 View Post
I was worried PT would take away from in-game improvements, but for OOTP21 that definitely wasn't the case this year, at least from what's been presented to me so far.
See, that's what we've been saying since we started to develop PT
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:28 AM   #25
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePride87 View Post

I was worried PT would take away from in-game improvements, but for OOTP21 that definitely wasn't the case this year, at least from what's been presented to me so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
To quote Don McClean's song "Vincent"...

Quote:
They would not listen, they're not listening still
Perhaps they never will
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 02:41 PM   #26
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
yes but that is what every developer says and then...

the difference is you have earned our trust AND backed it up year after year.

after all this time I have complete confidence OOTP will continue on this path. the rest of the sports gaming development world, not so much

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 03:49 PM   #27
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Basically it's pretty easy:

If we'd all decide that it's not worth it, we'd probably see another version or two and this thing would end.

Markus and his team work their butts off each and every year in order to improve this game ... some years the additions are more valuable to you, some other years they aren't.

But the guys do their best. And if we all want to see this game get better and better through the years we have to support it by buying it .... it's that simple.

I was (and still am) on the beta team for the second year now, and I'd say "Yes, it is worth it, absolutely"
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 05:33 PM   #28
bsmuke22
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants44 View Post

after all this time I have complete confidence OOTP will continue on this path. the rest of the sports gaming development world, not so much

Excuse the mini rant and bringing up football in a baseball post but it is about the dev teams.This is exactly right! They have consistently provided a top notch product without fail. This needs to be more of the thinking in the FOF forum. It gets to be quite frustrating to hear the complaints about the developers. I think the entire OOTP, FHM and FOF team have earned and deserve the respect of every user. I want football too but I am willing to be patient and wait for a good product, no matter how long it takes. I for one found this game with OOTP 13 and have not stopped since. Sorry for the mini rant.
bsmuke22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 11:13 PM   #29
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

I've been here (well, the original forums before they ported to these) since the very beginning.

Some years I've felt like the progress between versions was minimal (or the progress was with a feature that was of minimal importance to me.) but the core of the game never failed to be enjoyable. That said, every year I find something that I'm excited about, from Perfect Team, to this years changes in scouting and drafting.

So without playing it, can I say it's worth it? Well, I've never regretted a purchase since I started playing, and this year I expect that trend to continue. In fact after engaging in Perfect Team for the first time this past season, I think I'll probably give an online league a shot.

Your mileage may vary, but every year I get excited for release and look forward to a new story to be experienced.
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 06:13 AM   #30
redranger
All Star Reserve

Without a doubt worth it. Keeping in mind if you only played one hour a week, throughout the course of the year that equates to less than a dollar a week (10 cents per day)

Can’t get that kind of entertainment value in many things these days

With how much I play (on average 5 hours per week) it costs me approx 2cents per hour

So yes.....yes it is worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 06:48 AM   #31
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants44 View Post

Thanks for the kind words
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 06:54 AM   #32
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain King View Post
1.) Nobody has played OOTP 21, it isn't out yet.

e.
Not true. The beta testers have had the game for a while
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 06:57 AM   #33
zappa1
All Star Starter

Is it worth it? Ahhhhh, yeah. This game is the best bang for your buck. Ever. Tremendous value.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 06:57 AM   #34
dr2113
Bat Boy

Yes it's worth it to support this company. Even if you never play it.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:17 AM   #35
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2113 View Post
Yes it's worth it to support this company. Even if you never play it.

Agreed. Especially when considering we’re talking $40 and not $400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 07:43 AM   #36
Dfost35
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This is one of those companies and sports games where features aren’t leached out and added in years down the road as “new features.” These guys continually improve the game year to year. I’ve only been playing since 16 but have easily put a few thousand hours into the previous versions since then. I use to spend hours in madden, 2k, and the show pretty much playing GM and siming their bare bones franchise modes. Ever since I bought OOTP I haven’t bought one of those games since. Yes, it is absolutely worth it!!!!!
Dfost35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:18 AM   #37
Wayllander
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This exactly. Markus and the boys need to eat too. Been playing since OOTP 5 and buy every year (I'm a historical player) to support the franchise and keep the new good goodies on track. Plus with Perfect Team, I want to be in the new universe and not trapped in a dying one ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
Basically it's pretty easy:

If we'd all decide that it's not worth it, we'd probably see another version or two and this thing would end.

Markus and his team work their butts off each and every year in order to improve this game ... some years the additions are more valuable to you, some other years they aren't.

But the guys do their best. And if we all want to see this game get better and better through the years we have to support it by buying it .... it's that simple.

I was (and still am) on the beta team for the second year now, and I'd say "Yes, it is worth it, absolutely"
Wayllander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 10:41 AM   #38
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

it never hasn't been worth it.

the best P4P buy in the sports game market.

easily.

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 06:40 PM   #39
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
is jt really worth it to upgrade to ootp 21? another question i have is are there any features in version 20 or 21 where I would be lacking if i do not follow the current players/teams of baseball? i'm an old skool baseball dude
Honestly, it's not a game you need to buy year-to-year at full price. There are inevitable markdowns, updates that get released and alas, you could wait until the end of the cycle to get it if you find yourself interested. The upgrades appear to be better than most years in 21, but at it's core, it's still the same game as it's been for years including the interface. I've only spent a bit of time with 21 obviously, so I can't say definitively. But in general, it only makes sense to get these games at initial release if you're a diehard who really wants to play hours from the minute it drops.

Otherwise, I've found waiting is no big deal at all and you'll still enjoy the game on your own pace.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 09:25 PM   #40
davidtaylorjr1985
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Yes it is REALLY worth it!