Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-17-2019, 01:51 AM   #141
elutz31
Minors (Double A)

Damn so close but yet so far. Good luck in the playoffs folks. May the team that wins win.
elutz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 02:06 AM   #142
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Congratulations to the Kenner Gators who won the West. Now if we can just win our last game and if the Coyotes lose to the Gryphons Gold, we'll tie for the #2 WC. We've got Carpenter going, who along with Barker is our best SP. We'll be facing Chris Sale of the Gutter Cats so it won't be easy.

Edit: We won our last game 1-0, but so did the Coyotes so the Gryphons Red won't have to face again this year.

Good luck to everyone in the post-season!

Sorry Old Timer! I was so tempted to swap up my rotation once I clinched the playoff spot but figured I owed it to both you and Kenner to keep it as is in order to be fair to both teams. Which should have favored you... I threw three pretty good starters against him but couldn't do the sweep that it turns out you needed.

Man that was a great race for you two. But as you said, likely best news of the day for my Red Gryphs not having to face their nemesis in the playoffs!!

Great job this season despite the close finish loss.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 02:36 AM   #143
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elutz31 View Post
Damn so close but yet so far. Good luck in the playoffs folks. May the team that wins win.

Sorry you didn't quite make it. It was cool seeing how you set up your team, using only relievers and having only 11 position players. And it worked out rather well too! So I was curious if you had done this in previous seasons too?
Old 02-17-2019, 02:57 AM   #144
strakapoud
Minors (Single A)

Good luck in play-offs, guys!

Unbelievably, while sleeping, I managed the team to finish the season on a 13 games losing streak and to sink to the bottom of the division. Oh well...
strakapoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:21 AM   #145
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs today!

The East Coast Kitchen Party and Omaha All-Stars will be relegated to gold so I am taking them off the diamond list and moving them to the "waiting list" for now. The other two relegated teams were not in the group.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 10:17 AM   #146
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Final regular season standings.... good luck playoff teams.

(logged in this morning to find my point total had increased by over 4000.... looks like I had a mammoth comeback while I was out... was down 13-2 after 4 innings and ended up winning 15-13... 4350 total points earned that game with 4000 being for the comeback... gonna have to sit and watch that one)
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 10:19 AM   #147
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The diamond list is now updated for relegation. Removed two teams from D385 (the other two were not in our group), removed Matt2 and Matt3 by request, and added four teams relegated from P410. If your list is current, you should have 29 friends, 4 of which are still in perfect.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:04 AM   #148
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Keystone and Wyoming advance from the wild-card games... the LDS matchups are set:
Attached Images
Old 02-17-2019, 11:14 AM   #149
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

Can someone help with my logo? It is hard for me to troubleshoot because it is showing on my screen. The image is saved as a 150x150 png file located in my logos folder. I go to advanced settings and upload it, save and submit team. Another thing I notice, the Crazycrab logo doesn't match your screenshot.
Attached Images

Last edited by ripitback; 02-17-2019 at 11:15 AM.
ripitback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:25 AM   #150
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripitback View Post
Can someone help with my logo? It is hard for me to troubleshoot because it is showing on my screen. The image is saved as a 150x150 png file located in my logos folder. I go to advanced settings and upload it, save and submit team. Another thing I notice, the Crazycrab logo doesn't match your screenshot.
I'm not sure. I've pinged Andreas to see if he knows what's going on. Best of luck in the series!
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:31 AM   #151
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

Thanks Matt! Good luck to you as well.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:43 AM   #152
5rings
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Well, my Crazycrabs jumped out a to a big lead early, held the division for 90% of the season, then ran out of gas and limped into the playoffs as a WC (and promptly lost). Pretty happy considering we are a low point team. I admit to being tempted a few times to actually pull out the wallet and get a (good) Bonds or other high OBP, left hand hitting player to go with my collection of .235, 25 HR right handed hitters.

And nice run, Red!
Fun league, good luck to all!
5rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 01:04 PM   #153
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

Well that was quick. Congrats Matt! Fun season, can't be disappointed at all. I lost 16 straight and battled back to make the playoffs. Good luck everyone.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:32 PM   #154
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

LCS matchups:
Attached Images
Old 02-17-2019, 05:39 PM   #155
|ChelseaNS
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Bedford is going to the Series!!!! A jump right back to Perfect. Wow, did not see that coming.

Good Luck Dunzie
|ChelseaNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 06:11 PM   #156
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Congrats. Another year to figure out how to build a team that can win in the playoffs...
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 06:26 PM   #157
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Hey, Dunzie… would you hurry up and quit playing with yourself so we could see who will be promoted?
Old 02-17-2019, 06:42 PM   #158
elutz31
Minors (Double A)

Congrats and good luck Bedford and whichever Gryphon makes it to the finals. You will be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Sorry you didn't quite make it. It was cool seeing how you set up your team, using only relievers and having only 11 position players. And it worked out rather well too! So I was curious if you had done this in previous seasons too?
Yeah this was my 9th season with the full opener strat starting in 2021. It's been a fun but slow evolving process. Made the playoffs 5 of the 9 seasons. Even made the perfect league once. 7 greatest days of my life. You know you never handle your luggage in the perfect league? Somebody else carries your bags. It was great. You hit white balls for batting practice. Ball parks are like cathedrals. The hotels all have room service. The woman all have long legs and brains. They're really hot. So are the pitchers. They throw ungodly breaking stuff in the perfect league, exploding sliders. You could be 1 of those guys.
elutz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 06:44 PM   #159
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Hey, Dunzie… would you hurry up and quit playing with yourself so we could see who will be promoted?
Old 02-17-2019, 07:10 PM   #160
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Sorry Orcin... only fitting I guess it goes down to the wire. Funny it's at this point... the Gold team was SO much better than Red for 80% of the season. Red couldn't hit their way out of a wet paper bag all year until the final month of the season. Squeaked in, and now it's a nail biter. First ranked pitching and 3rd worst offense.

But just look at Bedford sitting there all smug and well rested. Aligning his rested starters the way he wants, 20 scouts out watching all our games since they have nothing else to do now... sheeesh...

One way or the other... see ya soon Lobsters! Gryphons love lobster I hear... tasty.