Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-11-2019, 08:05 PM   #21
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
And you crushed me pretty well...time to start plotting my revenge!
My Len Barker "corner painted" the Giants in the last game. I suspect you'll turn the tables next time
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:07 PM   #22
joehart
All Star Starter

Bellevue KnuckleBallers checking in.

We came down from Perfect League but given the restriction on our team (knuckle ball pitchers), we target a .500 season and with some luck...maybe a wild card race.

The team was started by the boss in the house (mom) but my two kids (8 and 9) are keeping a close eye on the players and planning out purchases and improvements.
We are here to have fun and find a way to make it back to Perfect.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:53 PM   #23
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Bellevue KnuckleBallers checking in.

We came down from Perfect League but given the restriction on our team (knuckle ball pitchers), we target a .500 season and with some luck...maybe a wild card race.

The team was started by the boss in the house (mom) but my two kids (8 and 9) are keeping a close eye on the players and planning out purchases and improvements.
We are here to have fun and find a way to make it back to Perfect.

I hadn't even noticed that was the theme!! You should name your team something that gives it away or.... oh, wait.... yeah, I'm an idiot.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:37 PM   #24
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
I hadn't even noticed that was the theme!! You should name your team something that gives it away or.... oh, wait.... yeah, I'm an idiot.
I think we will need to bribe the dev team to get a few more knuckleballers into the game.

I was excited to see RA Dickey but he played in the wrong years hence his stats adjusted to 2010 make him a real challenge every game.

His stats in Diamond (22-12 W/L record) are not too bad but he gets overmatched with the superstars of the past.

Time to catch up with the two Matt Arnold teams …..
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:38 PM   #25
daveh2018
Minors (Double A)

Davidsons are back - not many changes from last year, but looking forward to the year.
daveh2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:41 PM   #26
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

Well I'll be! 12-7, good for 3rd place and 1.5 back of the division? Surely this is another 5 teams above .500 situation...nope, ouch! Sandbox has a respectable roster, too, but it looks like the team might be caught in the Gold/Diamond whirlwind. Hopefully your luck turns around.
Attached Images
BoofBonser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:10 PM   #27
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Evansville... we can sure hit the ball. If only the Cardinals had some starting pitchers in the game... or if I had the points to buy the best ones that are there. (This is a F2P theme team.)
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:12 PM   #28
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Evansville... we can sure hit the ball. If only the Cardinals had some starting pitchers in the game... or if I had the points to buy the best ones that are there. (This is a F2P theme team.)

Not sure what goes on in the air in the West Coast, but man, I'm finding the Western divisions seem to kick sand in ratings. Last year the NC West division of death, and now the division leaders in the NC and AC West are the lowest "rated" teams so far. I dig it.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:31 PM   #29
5rings
Minors (Rookie Ball)

my giants themed SB Crazy Crabs (23) are majorly outclassed in this league. Was supposed to be in the theme league, I removed orcin from my friends list sunday morning. this kind of stinks, but it won't the the last time the scrappy giants take on the big spenders (like the stinkin' dodgers).....

ok, on second thought 23 points is right smack dab in the middle. should be fun!

Last edited by 5rings; 02-11-2019 at 10:34 PM.
5rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:40 PM   #30
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

my Syrups are playing their patented one-step-forward-one-step-backwards style of play.... 2 under the pythag so far, but have a +10 run differential...

just picked up Garland Braxton from the AH to shore up the pitching staff a bit... boosts my point total to 16
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:47 PM   #31
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5rings View Post
my giants themed SB Crazy Crabs (23) are majorly outclassed in this league. Was supposed to be in the theme league, I removed orcin from my friends list sunday morning. this kind of stinks, but it won't the the last time the scrappy giants take on the big spenders (like the stinkin' dodgers).....

ok, on second thought 23 points is right smack dab in the middle. should be fun!

So far, your team is doing just fine (1st place so far!). My Clippers just played your team and all 3 games were really close (we lost 2 of 3). I had only 15 pts last season and won 89 games and made it to the division series (as a WC). I think you're going to have a nice time while visiting us here. Just remember to go back to where you belong next season.

Last edited by old timer; 02-11-2019 at 10:50 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:18 PM   #32
5rings
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
So far, your team is doing just fine (1st place so far!). My Clippers just played your team and all 3 games were really close (we lost 2 of 3). I had only 15 pts last season and won 89 games and made it to the division series (as a WC). I think you're going to have a nice time while visiting us here. Just remember to go back to where you belong next season.

I think I like anybody with a Campy picture. I just looked, and I'm lucky that Bonds (not the good one, Bonds Sr.) is playing out of his mind so far
5rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:22 AM   #33
elutz31
Minors (Double A)

Milk Trucks here. Long time listener, first time caller. I followed the league last year in the forum even though I missed out. Looks like some stiff competition. I do have 1 request. Daytona, if we're going to be friends you're going to have to learn how to share. We've played 5 games and you've taken them all. Not very nice.
elutz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:41 AM   #34
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by elutz31 View Post
Milk Trucks here. Long time listener, first time caller. I followed the league last year in the forum even though I missed out. Looks like some stiff competition. I do have 1 request. Daytona, if we're going to be friends you're going to have to learn how to share. We've played 5 games and you've taken them all. Not very nice.

I sense the start of a rivalry with you two!
Old 02-12-2019, 05:40 AM   #35
old timer
Hall Of Famer

I had 10k PP saved up and I was confident that this time I'd wait until I had a bit more before spending since I wanted a more significant upgrade. But, like always, I gave in to temptation and bought a smaller upgrade (a new #3 or maybe #4 SP). I'll probably keep doing this until there are no more smaller upgrades possible.

The NC West this year has the fewest total PP of all the divisions, but so far, we're doing just fine. I did add 3 pts. to my total so now we sit at 18 pts. The three top teams in our division, Kenner, Kenner and my Clippers have a combined point total of 48 (under the cap for one team!), but our combined record is 44-33. Not too bad!

Last edited by old timer; 02-12-2019 at 05:45 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:25 AM   #36
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

standings as we head into May:
Attached Images
Old 02-12-2019, 06:36 AM   #37
elutz31
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
I had 10k PP saved up and I was confident that this time I'd wait until I had a bit more before spending since I wanted a more significant upgrade. But, like always, I gave in to temptation and bought a smaller upgrade (a new #3 or maybe #4 SP). I'll probably keep doing this until there are no more smaller upgrades possible.

The NC West this year has the fewest total PP of all the divisions, but so far, we're doing just fine. I did add 3 pts. to my total so now we sit at 18 pts. The three top teams in our division, Kenner, Kenner and my Clippers have a combined point total of 48 (under the cap for one team!), but our combined record is 44-33. Not too bad!
At least you made it to the small upgrades. I see PP and I'm like JoJo the idiot circus boy with his pretty new pet. The only time I make it out of the pack buying addiction the second I get 1000 PP is Sunday into Monday night in hopes of getting 1 of the new cards.
elutz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:10 AM   #38
|ChelseaNS
Minors (Rookie Ball)

That AC West Division is going to be a real treat!!

Both the Lobsters and the Kitchen Party are PP poor and I'm finally dedicated to waiting for Betts or Trout.......maybe!!
|ChelseaNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:45 AM   #39
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
standings as we head into May:
Hey all! I am the keystone perfectos. I wonder why my logo isn’t showing up in the standings. It is showing on my screen.
ripitback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:05 AM   #40
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripitback View Post
Hey all! I am the keystone perfectos. I wonder why my logo isn’t showing up in the standings. It is showing on my screen.
not sure.... I always wonder when I see those generic logos if something isn't coming through or if someone just didn't make a logo for their team...

upload it here and I'll stick it in my logo folder at least so it shows up when I post standings