Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 01-01-2018, 05:19 PM   #1
vegat1

Team Home Page/Fictional Players?

Windows 10
Processor AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 2.20 GHZ
Installed Memory 8 GB
System Type 64 Bit Operating System
x64 Based Processor

I got three games in to my 2017 Mets season.When I started the game up again ,clicked on Play ,It said one of my players was on DL and had to be activated .It was Josh Edgin but when I hovered over his name It gave me someone elses name.I went back to team home page and noticed all of the players on my roster were fictional players. I gave the job of activating DL players to CPU AI in order to continue playing but game crashed upon clicking the "Play" button.I'm new to the game so maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Attached Files
File Type: zip saved_games.zip (463 Bytes, 178 views)
Old 01-02-2018, 11:22 AM   #2
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegat1 View Post
Windows 10
Processor AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 2.20 GHZ
Installed Memory 8 GB
System Type 64 Bit Operating System
x64 Based Processor

I got three games in to my 2017 Mets season.When I started the game up again ,clicked on Play ,It said one of my players was on DL and had to be activated .It was Josh Edgin but when I hovered over his name It gave me someone elses name.I went back to team home page and noticed all of the players on my roster were fictional players. I gave the job of activating DL players to CPU AI in order to continue playing but game crashed upon clicking the "Play" button.I'm new to the game so maybe I'm doing something wrong.
It sounds like you have a corrupted player database. You may need to restart your league.
1) OOTP saved games folder is in My Documents in Windows. GO to saved games->open your league. Copy only the .dat files.
2) Back up to saved games and create a new folder. The file extension must be .lg, the name of the league is up to you.
3) Paste the .dat files in the new league folder.
4) Open OOTP and try to open the league.

I think the chances of recovering this are slim. There is a way to upload files to tech support. You can find the instructions in the tech support forums.
Good luck,
Tom (LP)
Old 01-02-2018, 11:44 AM   #3
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Also, you can try to restore from the autosave. It'll depend on your autosave settings as to whether it's possible to do so with a fairly new league like you have, but you can give it a shot.

To restore from the automatic backup, do the following:

1) Open the game and on the start screen, click on Settings (or Preferences in OOTP 11-14).

2) Now click on the tab "Troubleshooting".

3) Click "Open folder containing saved games".

4) Now open up the league folder you're wanting to restore.

5) Then select all of the .dat files in the folder and back them up (just in case) by copying them to a temporary folder or creating a zipped file with them

6) Open the folder called "auto-save".

7) In there, select all of the ".dat" files and copy them to the league folder (the parent of the current folder) overwriting all of the ".dat" files in the league folder.

Now start the game and load your league.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote