Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 11-11-2016, 05:24 PM   #1
Overkill
Minors (Double A)

End of Season Update

Hey all,

Genuine question here, but is there any chance that the OOTP crew would ever put out an end of season patch that starts the day after the World Series finishes? If patch is the wrong word, then update. There is the August 30th update that starts Opening Day 2016.

I am sure there are a multitude of reasons why this has not been done in the past (playing since OOTP 5, Season Ticket Baseball the season before) but am wondering if it is more of a business decision or if the MLBPA impacts it or something else. Or perhaps it is the simple fact that time would be better spent preparing for the next version of OOTP.

I understand that it would be quite time consuming to input all of the 2016 stats but then again, that would also happen for the next version of OOTP, correct? Given that, would another reason be to give others incentive to buy the next version?

I have always wanted some sort of end of season quickstart that begins with deciding arbitration offers and has all of the current season's statistics in. To me, this gives more of a "fresh" start with a new team than starting just a few days before the season. I will acknowledge that I could simulate a season to achieve this, but that is not what I am looking for. I even began coming up with ideas on how to accomplish this either last year or the year before but ran into an issue with figuring out how to get accurate service time for all players.

Not expecting an answer on this but maybe some theories to see what others think. Maybe I answered it myself in my rambling.

NOTE: I did not post this in the Rosters section as I did not feel this would be a roster mod if done by the OOTP crew.

MLB Theorem
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 05:32 PM   #2
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

This has never happened since I have been using OOTP15.
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 05:35 PM   #3
RchW
Hall Of Famer

It's very much a business decision as you allude to in your post.

My opinion of course. Not speaking for OOTPD in any way.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 11-11-2016 at 05:36 PM.
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 06:15 PM   #4
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

It can be done just erase Schedule and import a 2017 one and update Rosters,Personal and so on to today minus Stats.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:39 PM   #5
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
It can be done just erase Schedule and import a 2017 one and update Rosters,Personal and so on to today minus Stats.
That's not what the OP asked about.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 09:08 PM   #6
TuckerDuckson
Major Leagues

Like the August 30th update? I'm guessing you want a QS that gives you the end of the season, but I think OOTP can only be started on opening day.

So unless you want the transactions of 1 month, (like Gordon Beckham going to the giants) then I don't see this how this is possible.

Plays legit baseball now. My OOTP ratings are low.

2022 update: I'm two stars!
TuckerDuckson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 10:24 PM   #7
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The concept is simple... actual rosters, including injuries, as of the first day of the offseason. The 2016 stats and team records would be the final of the 2016 season. The quickstart would begin on November 4.

I think it is a great idea. I will be anxious to play it when it is available.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 11:02 PM   #8
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
The concept is simple... actual rosters, including injuries, as of the first day of the offseason. The 2016 stats and team records would be the final of the 2016 season. The quickstart would begin on November 4.

I think it is a great idea. I will be anxious to play it when it is available.
The community could build it ourselves except for not being able to input the standings for this year
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 05:22 PM   #9
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

I second it. Even if it's done by a couple of people like somebody took on AL East somebody AL Central and so on. I can get Rosters and Personal as of Today.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:55 PM   #10
raginhood
Minors (Double A)

Yeah, that's money out of the developers mouth if you give the end of season rosters and stats. i'm surprised they even did the Aug update.

New Rosters and stats of the previous season is what sells the new version of the game for the most part. I personally don't buy every season as I wait a few years for updates that are really good ones and not just cream on the icing so to speak. Like this years animations I was ready to buy that one but since the Cubs won and the Rangers got some good players on their team Ima wait till next years version. )
It's the Rosters and stats that have me waiting even though I can get them for free basically but wouldn't have the new animated version of the game sine 2013. ) Next year wil be a good year to buy the game for me. )
raginhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 09:32 AM   #11
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

I know what the person wants but Edit Standings/up coming Free-Agents in August 30 not up tomate iare so of the problems and also if you sim the whole season Transactions allowed need to be turned off and wait intill tomorrow to sim because when find out if anybody of the 10 accepted Q. offer.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:26 AM   #12
sprague
All Star Starter

I think what the people of this thread really want is an option in ootp 18 to either begin the game on april 1. With april 1 rosters.
Or
Start the game in the previous november before free agency.

I think this is really a 18 thing that just need to come with 2 quickstarts. One for each scenario.
It would be great for qs to choose if they want to gm right from the END of this season or at the start of next year.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 04:34 PM   #13
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
For this reason, I wish 18 would come with the availability to edit histories like add standings and award winners
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 04:49 PM   #14
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

You are referring to the August 30th player update .... As I understand it that IF you wish to use the player update you would have to start a new game and it would then take effect.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 07:09 PM   #15
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Maybe Historical 2016 Rosters could be made as of Offseason or Historical Transactions/Lineups 2016 can happen or just MLB Rosters updated with 2016 Stats.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:58 AM   #16
raginhood
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
I think what the people of this thread really want is an option in ootp 18 to either begin the game on april 1. With april 1 rosters.
Or

I think this is really a 18 thing that just need to come with 2 quickstarts. One for each scenario.
It would be great for qs to choose if they want to gm right from the END of this season or at the start of next year.
Yeah, now that idea would work if in the 18 version. Developer still gets his money and we get the best of both worlds.
raginhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:37 AM   #17
Rooney
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
Or

This is a good idea
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 01:07 PM   #18
Noone_Uknow
Minors (Single A)

Maybe this is something that could be put into 18:

Have two quick starts...One that works the way it does today (start of the regular season), and another that would start on November 4th (or the day after the WS).

I think it would be fun to immediately replay the hot stove season to see how I would would address the gaps on a team.
Noone_Uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 05:23 PM   #19
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noone_Uknow View Post
Maybe this is something that could be put into 18:

Have two quick starts...One that works the way it does today (start of the regular season), and another that would start on November 4th (or the day after the WS).

I think it would be fun to immediately replay the hot stove season to see how I would would address the gaps on a team.
I think this is what i suggested.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 04:09 AM   #20
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

I remember an update for OOTP 13 that started after the 2012 season.

I remember it very clearly because I made the off-season moves for every day in real time thanks to MLB Depth Charts. Let me tell you, the day the 6-year minor league free agents filed was an absolute bitch...

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote