Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-09-2016, 02:01 AM   #1
Overkill
Minors (Double A)

OOTP 17 will no longer load

I have already submitted a support ticket and added onto a post from somebody else with the same issue in the bugs forum, but it seems to have gone about 4-5 days with no resolution. So I thought I would post here so it can be seen by more. I do not want to clutter this forum with this kind of a post but I never check the bug report forum unless I have an issue, so I figure others probably do the same.

My issue is that I attempted to load up OOTP 17 tonight and I did not like the position of the window, so I moved it while it was loading, and it gave me an error saying OOTP 17 stopped working. I attempted to load again and the same thing happened, but with a dialog box saying the crash on startup flag was set. Keep in mind that it was working perfectly fine not less than 10 minutes earlier. I closed it, then decided I had time to play a bit more, and it would not load.

I reinstalled the game from Steam but the problem still persists. I sent a trace log with my ticket. In that, I notice the line, "request_install_basic_user_data NOT set because both ini files are missing". Could that be part of the issue? Or is that just because I reinstalled it and it needs to finish the installation the first time the game loads?

Using Windows 7 and no new updates recently installed for anything.

Anyways, like I said, I thought I would give it a shot to see if anybody has the same issue. There appear to be many posts on the internet about this issue, even from previous versions, but not one of the ones I have read has an actual fix for the problem.

MLB Theorem
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:53 PM   #2
Overkill
Minors (Double A)

Fixed the issue on a System Restore. I would delete this thread if I could.

MLB Theorem
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote