Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Post bug reports here please!

Old 07-04-2016, 03:12 PM   #1
project whips
Bat Boy

OOTP17.exe has stopped working

Whenever I start up the game, it goes to the menu, works a bit, then crashes. anybody else get this? I cannot find out why, its super frustrating i played like 19 hours on it before this happened also. Please help me
project whips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:18 AM   #2
Jsmitty
Bat Boy

after playing hundreds of hours, I have started having the problem in both 16 and 17 as of tuesday morning.

playing steam versions of both games and cannot get past the main startup screen without getting this message.
Jsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:53 AM   #3
robedits
Minors (Triple A)

I began a post here on this yesterday. Running Steam version, Dell XPS desktop/ATI Radeon. All drivers UTD. Running latest OOTp17 patch (through Steam) from weeks ago.Game working fine until the other day. Suddenly stopped working. Has nothing to do with AV running (turned it off, same issue). Other Steam games/ other games running fine. Tried running game through Steam, through desktop shortcut, through game folder...the exe does NOT work (see my post for exact error message).I certainly do NOT want to go through the huge hassle of uninstalling/re-installing...not after the HUGE amount of time I've spent with the game over past couple months...roster/photo/FaceGen updates, etc.I'm PRETTY SURE, based on the few people who've bothered to post with this issue (I assume there must be hundreds or at least dozens w/ same problem)...that this is an issue w/ the game running w/ ATI Radeon cards....that seems to be the common thread.And I sincerely hope the DEVS are noting this and working on it.Tried to "fill out a ticket" (or whatever its called) on OOTP site, and THAT even got bounced back!
robedits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:00 PM   #4
robedits
Minors (Triple A)

Please mods....please address this issue.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:12 PM   #5
EWall
Bat Boy

Using the Steam version and a Radeon R9 380 with all drivers up to date... I started having this problem today. I've had no problems with OOTP17 until this one. I get the splash screen, then the crash message. I hope it's resolved soon.
EWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:46 AM   #6
Overkill
Minors (Double A)

This issue just started for me as well.

I tried moving the OOTP 17 while it was loading, perhaps I should not have done that.

I do have a Radeon card but not updates have been installed for months. I loaded OOTP 17 multiple times earlier today.

MLB Theorem
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:55 PM   #7
Overkill
Minors (Double A)

UPDATE

I decided to do a System Restore and my OOTP 17 now loads fine. I hope this helps the rest of you having the same issue.

MLB Theorem
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:56 PM   #8
robedits
Minors (Triple A)

Thought about a sys restart myself and despite my having backups...I use my PC for too much every day...rolling it back several days would be too risky...not for one game. I hope the DEVs fix this problem soon...or Steam.
Old 07-09-2016, 05:26 PM   #9
EWall
Bat Boy

Yep, system restore did it for me too...

Now to pin down what exactly broke it...
EWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 05:13 AM   #10
FoolInjection
Bat Boy

How would that work for someone like myself though who's just installed the game 10 minutes ago?

Obviously any system restore I do will be to a state prior to installing the game for the first time.
FoolInjection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:18 PM   #11
Molholt
Bat Boy

I'm having this issue as well - game works fine until I try to go past a day with games (spring training) in a custom fictional league I have. Crashes immediately no matter how many days I try to advance.
Molholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:32 PM   #12
Molholt
Bat Boy

So, I doubt its the same issue anyone else is having, but I had a player with a really long name and when I edited that down, it stopped crashing.
Molholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:33 AM   #13
dk31621
Bat Boy

possible fix

in my main league save it was crashing every time it got 100% loading on team affiliate logos. all my other saves worked just fine so i went into the save folder and and copied over the dak files one by one onto a clean game and found out that it was the faces dak file. i just replaced it with the face file from the fresh league and it seems to work fine. i havent advanced yet or anything but at least it loaded. i will report back if it stops working
dk31621 is offline   Reply With Quote