Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-10-2015, 07:23 PM   #561
Mgomz
Minors (Double A)

I have the latest Patch installed but Rosters that came with it not up to date.
Mgomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:10 PM   #562
ludosc
Minors (Single A)

If we're going to have the most accurate rosters, there should be a "all the starters get hurt" setting for the Rangers.

Today three went down. Derek Holland out til July, Ryan Rua out a few weeks most likely, and Shin Soo Choo out day-to-day.

As a Rangers fan, I feel this setting would make this more realistic.

Now if you'll excuse me while I go drown myself in baseball sadness...
ludosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:16 PM   #563
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgomz View Post
I have the latest Patch installed but Rosters that came with it not up to date.
Can you elaborate? What is not up to date about them? Are you sure you have the right patch? What platform?
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:32 PM   #564
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludosc View Post
If we're going to have the most accurate rosters, there should be a "all the starters get hurt" setting for the Rangers.

Today three went down. Derek Holland out til July, Ryan Rua out a few weeks most likely, and Shin Soo Choo out day-to-day.

WOW... That team is cursed... Last year you couldn't buy a break. At least the upside is, you'll find out how good your prospects are
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:59 PM   #565
Mgomz
Minors (Double A)

Main Screen shows Patch number that came out this Week but no biggy because I did some of the moves.
With Boston in NL Ortiz gets DFA and nobody claims him.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:19 AM   #566
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludosc View Post

It's been added to the game so that no Rangers player can play more than 10 games a year.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 09:20 AM   #567
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Quote:
Main Screen shows Patch number that came out this Week but no biggy because I did some of the moves.
With Boston in NL Ortiz gets DFA and nobody claims him.
I've not seen Ortiz get DFA in any game I've run. What settings are you using?
Old 04-11-2015, 09:50 AM   #568
Mgomz
Minors (Double A)

Becuase he can't play the field anymore and the Red Soxs are in the NL in my League.
Another problem is like All-Time Greats League says LA Angels Roster is at 30 and it's when you go to tTeam Roster screen shows 30/25 but in League Rules set at 25.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:00 AM   #569
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Quote:
Becuase he can't play the field anymore and the Red Soxs are in the NL in my League.
Another problem is like All-Time Greats League says LA Angels Roster is at 30 and it's when you go to tTeam Roster screen shows 30/25 but in League Rules set at 25.
Ok that makes sense that the Red Sox get rid of Ortiz, if they're in the NL and he can't field.

With regards the other issue, make a bug report and they'll take a look at it and sort it out.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:26 AM   #570
Mgomz
Minors (Double A)

Thanks no biggy becuase I can do other things with that League or others that have problems.
The Game does demote Kris Bryant to Triple-A in my Leagues. Furcal gets DFA and claimed by the Indians if the Royals have a better backup.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:09 PM   #571
ezpkns34
All Star Reserve

Not really sure why you'd be posting roster problems in this thread that involve you altering the league structure like that?
ezpkns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 01:15 PM   #572
Overkill
Minors (Double A)

I am not sure if this will have any effect on actually playing the game, but Adeiny Hechavarria is listed at 5'10" and 180/185 lbs in game, but is listed at 6'2" and 215 lbs on both MLB.com and baseball-reference. Again, I am not sure if this is even worth changing or if it will have an effect on the playing the game, but it is just something that I noticed.

For a ratings discussion, I think Scott Kazmir may be underrated. He is currently at 26 overall and while I realize ratings are based on PECOTA projections, I cannot find any of these without paying for access, so I recalculated his ratings based on 2 different methods.

The first method was to take his stats from 2013 and 2014 as well as his first start of 2015 and calculate his ratings based on that. That gave me: 66 BB, 23 HRA, 223 K with a 69 overall rating.

Then I used the Steamer projections from FanGraphs and his numbers came to: 65 BB, 24 HRA, 203 K with a 57 overall rating.

In each situation, he moved up from the #4 starter to the #2 starter in the Oakland rotation. I realize he is #3 in real life, but his initial 26 and ERA above 4 as a result when viewing in the editor, seemed high and more like his 2009-2010 seasons. I will be using the 2013-2015 numbers for my own season, but I thought I would point this out for others - at the very least his Steamer projections could be used instead.

MLB Theorem
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 01:31 PM   #573
Overkill
Minors (Double A)

I just noticed another issue as well. Jose Fernandez of the Marlins has 1 year and 40 days of service time in the new roster set. If you look on baseball-reference, he has exactly 2 years of service time. This fits with him making the Opening Day roster in 2013 and missing most of 2014 on the DL.

MLB Theorem
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 05:02 PM   #574
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
I am not sure if this will have any effect on actually playing the game, but Adeiny Hechavarria is listed at 5'10" and 180/185 lbs in game, but is listed at 6'2" and 215 lbs on both MLB.com and baseball-reference. Again, I am not sure if this is even worth changing or if it will have an effect on the playing the game, but it is just something that I noticed.

For a ratings discussion, I think Scott Kazmir may be underrated. He is currently at 26 overall and while I realize ratings are based on PECOTA projections, I cannot find any of these without paying for access, so I recalculated his ratings based on 2 different methods.

The first method was to take his stats from 2013 and 2014 as well as his first start of 2015 and calculate his ratings based on that. That gave me: 66 BB, 23 HRA, 223 K with a 69 overall rating.

Then I used the Steamer projections from FanGraphs and his numbers came to: 65 BB, 24 HRA, 203 K with a 57 overall rating.

In each situation, he moved up from the #4 starter to the #2 starter in the Oakland rotation. I realize he is #3 in real life, but his initial 26 and ERA above 4 as a result when viewing in the editor, seemed high and more like his 2009-2010 seasons. I will be using the 2013-2015 numbers for my own season, but I thought I would point this out for others - at the very least his Steamer projections could be used instead.
The Hechavarria thing is weird. Don't know how we are so off on his height/weight. I don't think it will help or hurt him in game, but it needs to be correct for well correctness sake

I'll look into Kazmir
Old 04-11-2015, 05:05 PM   #575
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
I just noticed another issue as well. Jose Fernandez of the Marlins has 1 year and 40 days of service time in the new roster set. If you look on baseball-reference, he has exactly 2 years of service time. This fits with him making the Opening Day roster in 2013 and missing most of 2014 on the DL.
Fixed
Old 04-11-2015, 05:10 PM   #576
haveband
All Star Reserve

A little update.

All OD milb rosters are set. As well as fixing a few issues some found. All that's left is going through and doing some edits to some minor leaguers and making guys land in their correct spots.

Gonna be doing a ton of work on Personnel as well. There's a ton assistant hitting and pitching coaches that aren't in the game. As well as some minor league teams have extra coaches on their staff as well that aren't represented. I focused mainly on the personnel OOTP accepts at the minor league level.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:49 PM   #577
Mgomz
Minors (Double A)

You get different results so reporting on David Ortiz shouldn't be posted in this topic.

Rosters look good. Injure List MILB updated? Updated History on people who are Retired?
Old 04-12-2015, 01:00 PM   #578
Donevyn
Major Leagues

Just noticed that in Seattle Mariner's, 'Meet the Team', it list Kyle Seager one of the top players with golden glove for 3rd base as a 2nd baseman. Therefore in, 'Position Overview', they list Wllie Bloomquist as the top player at 3rd base(?). Correct please.

Thanks!
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 01:13 PM   #579
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donevyn View Post
Just noticed that in Seattle Mariner's, 'Meet the Team', it list Kyle Seager one of the top players with golden glove for 3rd base as a 2nd baseman. Therefore in, 'Position Overview', they list Wllie Bloomquist as the top player at 3rd base(?). Correct please.

Thanks!
Removed Seager's 2B skills.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:25 PM   #580
ChicagoGuy
Bat Boy

Couple I Noticed for the Whitesoxs
Jose Quintana
2019 10.5 million 1 million buyout Team option
2020 10.5 million 1 million buyout Team option

Chris Sales
2018 12.5 million 1 million buyout Team option
2019 15.0 million 1 million buyout Team Option... it's 15 million because he finished 3rd in CY Young voting in 2014
also gets 15,000 for all-star appearance

Adam Eaton
2020 9.5 million 1.5 Million buyout Team Option
2021 10.5 million 1.5 million buyout Team Option

Sorry if this was posted already

Last edited by ChicagoGuy; 04-12-2015 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Added player
ChicagoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote