Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 03-09-2015, 06:43 PM   #1
TDO
Minors (Double A)

MLB reimagined - A somewhat historical simulation

I've actually been playing this and re-starting it a couple times (read 3-4)over the last 2 years. I've got it just right now on the settings and just finished 1875 so I thought I'd share. To start I suppose I should give a general overview of the settings.

-Start: 1871 with Spritze database with recalc off
-I'm using the prk files as much as possible
-Each year will have the "historical simulation" or whatever it's called, meaning 1871 will play like 1871 and not the steroid era etc. Same with pitching rotations et al.
-Teams are filled with actual 1871 rosters.
-Future drafts will be based on record, so potential greats may end up on completely different teams than real life, or may never pan out.
-The original 9 teams are the founding 9 teams to start.
-Once an active team joins they will be "safe" (IE Braves, Cubs, etc) however defunct teams may last longer or never happen based on how the teams perform in the game. Each season will accurately portray the number of teams each season really had but not necessarily the exact teams.
-In the early early days not all teams played the same number of games, I'll be manually rectifying that. I'll decide what the number should be based on teams that didn't fold mid season and finish filling in all other schedules to get the number of games and home/away as evenly as possible.
-I will be managing the Boston Red Stockings (Braves are my favorite team) and will make it where I cannot be fired. The only commish activities I will perform is manually deciding the ebb and flow of which teams come and go.
-Free Agency exists as of 1871.
-Abritration eligibility etc exists too, so not much Free Agency to start except for folded teams dispersing their players into FA.
-No Salary Cap
-I manage each game for my team (I know this means the game will be almost impossible to get current, but I'm just doing it for enjoyment and will enjoy however far i get. I do think I'll be dedicated to it though and do not plan to have numerous worlds. I'm good with just this one and my online ones).

A few liberties I have taken or will take with history (may change but for now):
1876 the National Association renames itself the National League
1876 first year of Minor Leagues (I'll use one level until 1900 or so, 1871-1875 just had reserve rosters).
1881 - American Assocation forms and the World Series is created and held each year

I also plan to not fold the American Association and will just ad lib the few years between it's demise and the American League, I will then just say it renames itself to the AL much like the NA did the NL.

Future stuff I've gone back and forth on but have a lot of time til happens:
DH in AL, might not use
Interleague Play, probably will do, but might put off til later than actual
Steroid Era, thinking of deleting certain players from ever being in league (Bonds, Sosa, McGwire)
Montreal Expos, going back to the defunct team process I'm using, If one of the Senators teams does well, they may stick in DC permanently and I'll just replace the Expos with the Rangers or Twins

I just finished 1875 and plan to stop on 1/1/1876 until OOTP 16 is released. Why then? It seems like a perfect time to make the transition and enjoy all the new features at the "dawning" of the NA becoming the NL.

I can't think of anything else right now. I'll slowly post what's happened so far with my own fan fiction to fill in the why and whats to the team movements etc.

I don't think I'll go overboard with posting stats etc, but if anyone wants to know anything specific I'll share.
TDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:30 PM   #2
TDO
Minors (Double A)

Name:  1871.png
Views: 214
Size:  82.8 KB

The Chicago White Stockings win a 1 game playoff (due to tie) against Troy to take home the first Championship of the National Association.

My team, the Boston Red Stockings, were crippled with bad pitching and defense and we went last. I actually got a score of zero (ouch).

In one of my original runs at this set up Rockford led by Cap Anson and Lip Pike ran away with the title and won the first 3 championships. It was because of this I decided I'm ok with tampering with some history of a defunct team if they ended up on a serious run and validating their spot. I was hoping Rockford would have a similar run this go around, and while it didn't happen it provided a good alternate story to explain some things...
Actual History
-Chicago White Stockings ceased play due to the Great Fire of 1871.
-Rockford Forest Citys folded for financial reasons
-Fort Wayne Kekiongas folded for financial reasons, most players originally recruited from the Maryland area returned home.

-New teams added: Baltimore Canaries, Brooklyn Atlantics, Brooklyn Atlantics, Middletown Mansfields, Washington Nationals.

Alternate History
-Ownership of the Fort Wayne Kekiongas wasn't ready to disband, and when most of his players wanted to return to Baltimore he opted to relocate the entire team and the Baltimore Canaries came into being.

-While Rockford had a decent season, history and the overachieving Chicago club were not on their side and their attendance was even worse in this revision. They folded after the season and all players became free agents.

-While the Chicago area couldn't sustain two teams, The New York scene was hopping with a successful Mutuals and Troy Haymakers club that the league decided the three new teams to the league would all be in NY. The Brooklyn Atlantics, Brooklyn Atlantics, Middletown Mansfields were born.

-As for the Chicago White Stockings...their championship season altered history in a pleasant way. Due to the success all season the fans showed up in droves for the 1 game playoff, everyone including the 4 men that had planned to play poker in a barn by candlelight. The Great Fire of Chicago never happened, the team would remain in existence and join the Red Stockings (Braves) as the first two "permanent" teams (Cubs).

-Because the Washington Olympics didn't fare well in their inaugural season (and to make room for Chicago sticking around) the owner decided a name change was in order in hopes of bringing more luck. The Washington Olympics are now the Washington Nationals.

Boston Red Stockings
In an effort to shore up the team, Boston went hard after free agent Cap Anson. Both sides agreed to a 6 year contract that would pay him $600 year. For the next 2 years this would be more than double the next highest paid player in the game.

*For now MVP for Hitter and Pitcher are titled blandly. Once I have enough history I will rename these to the best at each.

Last edited by TDO; 03-09-2015 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:41 PM   #3
TDO
Minors (Double A)

Name:  1872.png
Views: 202
Size:  81.9 KB

Actual History
-Brooklyn Eckfords went under due to financial concerns
-Cleveland Forest Citys went under due to financial concerns
-Middletown Mansfields went under due to financial concerns
-Troy Haymakers went under due to financial concerns
-Washington Olympics went under due to financial concerns

-Baltimore Marylands, Elizabeth Resolutes, and Philadelphia Whites added for next season.
-Washington Nationals become the Blue Legs.

Alternate History

-The Cleveland Forest Citys solidified theirselves as a top team with a stellar season and championship. Both of which brought more fans through the gates and kept them financially solvent for the time being.

-The crazy owner of the Washington club is at it again. The former Washington Olympics turned Washington Nationals is going to call his team the Washington Blue Legs this season.

-The Middletown owner was so embarrassed he submited a letter to the league he was forfeiting his dues and was never heard from again.

-After another dissapointing season Troy was hurt more by the glut of teams in the area and closed doors. The expansion Eckfords of Brooklyn were also crippled by their lack of success and fans but escaped to Elizabeth and became the Resolutes.

-Getting bit two seasons in a row by having multiple teams in close proximities a 2nd team in Baltimore (Marylands) and Philadelphia (Whites) were vetoed even with strong financial backing. (This also keeps Chicago and Cleveland around who shouldn't be, but for championship seasons have sustained).

Boston Red Stockings
We started out slow, and that was a big concern. Halfway through we caught fire and won something like 12-13 in a row and overtook first place. We fell back to reality at the end of the season right as Cleveland got hot and we finished second. Outfield Defense is my number one concern. The middle of my order is arguably the best in the league with Cap Anson, Ross Barnes, and Cal McVey.

*i flubbed and Cleveland had 1 more game scheduled than the rest of the league.

Last edited by TDO; 03-09-2015 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:41 PM   #4
TDO
Minors (Double A)

Actual History

Alternate History

Boston Red Stockings
Old 03-09-2015, 08:41 PM   #5
TDO
Minors (Double A)

Actual History

Alternate History

Boston Red Stockings
Old 03-09-2015, 08:42 PM   #6
TDO
Minors (Double A)

Actual History

Alternate History

Boston Red Stockings
Old 03-29-2015, 07:01 PM   #7
TDO
Minors (Double A)

I need to fill in the last few years. But started 1876 after importing into '16.

Bench coach let me know our chemistry is "ok" and Dory Dean (my relief pitcher) is considered the team leader.

Also had a rain out. Now I'm getting ready for a double header due to the rain out from 2 month earlier.

We have been streaky this year. At one point I was second, another last. Right now I'm 6-4 in my last ten trying to make a last ditch climb.

The owner wants a new shortstop but I'm partial to George Wright who's been with the team since inception.

I gave Cal McVey a year 5 extension to eliminate his last year of arbitration. Ross Barnes and I agreed to a 8 year extension.

Cap Anson has 2 years left of his original mega deal and I actually find myself unsure if I am going to bring him back. He's played well, but not quite what I expect out of him.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:27 PM   #8
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

I have to apologize because I unknowingly used almost the same title as yours for my dynasty. Good luck with the future Braves.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:37 PM   #9
TDO
Minors (Double A)

No problem man!

Now That i'm in the 1877-1878 section of my franchise part of me is thinking of not reducing down to 6 teams for the two years. We just added minors in my game and with free agency to begin in earnest after the upcoming season I'm apt to stick with an 8 team league so we get some sort of consistency since the NL is an 8 team league for 13 of the next 15 years.

Something for me to ponder while the patch is downloading.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:10 PM   #10
TDO
Minors (Double A)

I've dediced to stick with the 8 teams instead of cutting down to 6. My dynasty after all right This allows me to keep a competitive NY Mutuals club and the Philadelphia A's whom I'm trying to keep around so it's one long continuous franchise instead of a new team a decade from now.