Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-27-2015, 10:46 AM   #1
snowymagician
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Offseason FA Offer Confusion

I'm trying to sign a couple of free agents. I make one guy an offer and submit it. A few days later, I receive a PM from the player saying "See, the offer was really close to what I was looking for. Unfortunately it did not convince me entirely. I suggest increasing the $$ a bit and we'll be in business."

BUT, when I got to my list of pending FA offers, it says that the player "Favors Offer." And when I go to offer him more money, he says that MY TEAM has offered him more money, so [MY TEAM] needs offer more if we want to sign him. And then he proposes the SAME EXACT contract that I just offered him! LOL

Not sure what to do, I increased the offer a little bit just to be safe. The offer switches to "Pending" on the FA pending offers screen and then a few days later I receive a PM from the player and this process repeats itself exactly the same way a few more times... And this same thing is happening not only with this player but with other players...

What should I do? I really want to land these FAs but should I just sit on the last offer and hope for the best? Has anyone else ever experienced this as well?
snowymagician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:17 PM   #2
snowymagician
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Has anyone encountered this before?

As one of my fellow GMs put it, it seems like these players each hired Scott Boras and want more money each time..
Old 01-27-2015, 11:56 PM   #3
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

If this is happening in an online league it means the game is getting team IDs mixed up in the messages. I have seen it happen. Especially if there is a trade processed that sim.
I would pay attention to what it says in the "Offer Contract" screen in the player profile.
That is what I do.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:18 AM   #4
snowymagician
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
If this is happening in an online league it means the game is getting team IDs mixed up in the messages. I have seen it happen. Especially if there is a trade processed that sim.
I would pay attention to what it says in the "Offer Contract" screen in the player profile.
That is what I do.
Thanks! It is an online league.

What do you look for the "Offer Contract" screen to say?
Old 01-28-2015, 01:01 AM   #5
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Have they received a better offer, in the dialog.
Will they accept another offer from me and is the money the same or more?
Basically I stop trusting the info in the messages and I end up trying to gauge the negotiations in that screen.
I assume, sometimes right and sometimes wrong, that when I receive the message that a better offer has been sent, even if it says I sent it and I did not.