Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP 25 - Historical & Fictional Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 25 - Historical & Fictional Simulations Discuss historical and fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 07-06-2024, 08:47 AM   #1
aubermike
Bat Boy

Minors Implementation Historical Save

So I've started a new year1 historical save, but am wondering when ootp system implements minor league teams into the game by default vs having to reset to reserved rosters every year. I'm in the 1912 season now btw for reference.
aubermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2024, 10:37 AM   #2
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

1914 I think with the Texas League and the Federal League...

Edit: I took as a given that you selected play with minor league in the historical settings...

Redoing the Major League history

The FGs I did for the Universe Facegen pack if you don't want to download the complete file everytime the pack is updated.

The complete set (1871 to 1978)

Just the update (1970 to 1978)

Last edited by AESP_pres; 07-06-2024 at 10:47 AM.
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2024, 02:10 PM   #3
thehef
Hall Of Famer

- Federal League is 1914 & 1915
- Texas League appears in 1919
- Negro League starts in 1920 & goes until 1948
- PCL appears in 1921
- International League appears in 1927
- Blue Ridge pops in the game for 1929 & 1930 (then shows up again for a few years in the late 40's)
- Western League appears in 1930 & goes thru 1957 (with a few years missed: 1938 and the WWII years)
- Mississippi Valley League is from 1930-1933
- American Association appears in 1932 & lasts thru 1962, the reappears in 1969 & lasts thru 1997 (all as per history)
- several other leagues appear in 1932

The above covers the main minor leagues for the early years of OOTP... Many leagues then appear for various tenures beginning in the 30's...

If you're interested in having the main minors of the era (PCL, Int'l Lg, Texas Lg, American Assoc, and a few others) appear asap rather than waiting until the years shown above, I have some files that will do that. PM me for details.
thehef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2024, 03:54 PM   #4
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Wasn't there a problem if you created a league before the season it shown in the game? I haven't played with them in years but from what I remember the one you created fold and the previous history you simulated wasn't part of the new league created by the game. As I said it been years so maybe this was fixed and not relevant anymore...

FWIW you can create the minor leagues even in the 19th century since the minor leaguers start to show up in 1882 or so...

Redoing the Major League history

The FGs I did for the Universe Facegen pack if you don't want to download the complete file everytime the pack is updated.

The complete set (1871 to 1978)

Just the update (1970 to 1978)

Last edited by AESP_pres; 07-06-2024 at 03:55 PM.
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2024, 05:02 PM   #5
aubermike
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
1914 I think with the Texas League and the Federal League...

Edit: I took as a given that you selected play with minor league in the historical settings...
Yes play with minors was selected. I'm in 1913 offseason now so if this is the case I'll know next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
Wasn't there a problem if you created a league before the season it shown in the game? I haven't played with them in years but from what I remember the one you created fold and the previous history you simulated wasn't part of the new league created by the game. As I said it been years so maybe this was fixed and not relevant anymore...

FWIW you can create the minor leagues even in the 19th century since the minor leaguers start to show up in 1882 or so...
So every year I have to add 2 full levels to my file each off season. some of the players hold, but some don't and then become free agents. Thus creating much longer off-season's and its over and over again. So my hope is that once minor affiliates become effective in save file I can just add on, but I'm assuming they will be deleted. Seems to me I'll be repeating this till systems are full once that tbd year is established.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehef View Post
- Federal League is 1914 & 1915
- Texas League appears in 1919
- Negro League starts in 1920 & goes until 1948
- PCL appears in 1921
- International League appears in 1927
- Blue Ridge pops in the game for 1929 & 1930 (then shows up again for a few years in the late 40's)
- Western League appears in 1930 & goes thru 1957 (with a few years missed: 1938 and the WWII years)
- Mississippi Valley League is from 1930-1933
- American Association appears in 1932 & lasts thru 1962, the reappears in 1969 & lasts thru 1997 (all as per history)
- several other leagues appear in 1932

The above covers the main minor leagues for the early years of OOTP... Many leagues then appear for various tenures beginning in the 30's...

If you're interested in having the main minors of the era (PCL, Int'l Lg, Texas Lg, American Assoc, and a few others) appear asap rather than waiting until the years shown above, I have some files that will do that. PM me for details.
Hopefully these years all fall in place and that should be fine. I guess my question with this is because it's historical will minor teams be deleting yearly is my next question once they are in effect over the default reserve and additions.

I might reach out if I do this again or if I have issues/need to re do.
aubermike is offline   Reply With Quote