Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 08-20-2017, 01:40 AM   #1
Baltimoresanfran.
Bat Boy

Smile starting a new season

can i manage more than one team?
Baltimoresanfran. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 01:45 AM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimoresanfran. View Post
can i manage more than one team?
No sorry. That feature was in FHM2 was but tied directly to the multiplayer.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 01:18 PM   #3
Baltimoresanfran.
Bat Boy

well that stinks.. thanks for the response.
Baltimoresanfran. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:48 PM   #4
bigpoppi23
Bat Boy

OK... no multiplayer (which stinks... yeah).

In sandbox mode, I am trying to setup an 8 team league. (it does that, no problem). I want to have a draft in which all 2016-17 NHL players are available to be drafted. I want to be able to control the draft for each team (basically setup the NHL players I want on each of the 8 teams in the league). Is that possible? Because I've tried 5 times now, and I can't get NHL players to show up in the draft list. I only get unknown players in the draft, and not even enough to stock a team with the correct amount of players.

I'm playing on Steam, if that matters.
bigpoppi23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:58 PM   #5
bigpoppi23
Bat Boy

OK... I got NHL players to show up in the draft in an 8 team league... but it only shows the NHL players from the 8 teams I let the game choose as my teams. I want to customize my teams (non-NHL names and cities), and still have every NHL player available to be selected. Is that possible?
Old 08-23-2017, 08:08 AM   #6
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpoppi23 View Post
OK... I got NHL players to show up in the draft in an 8 team league... but it only shows the NHL players from the 8 teams I let the game choose as my teams. I want to customize my teams (non-NHL names and cities), and still have every NHL player available to be selected. Is that possible?
I'm not going to lie, I didn't even know that was possible. How did you do that?

The game is not suppose to allow you to use NHL Players in a league smaller than 30 teams basically because it causes the AI to react incorrectly due to the large amount of good players available.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 06:00 PM   #7
bigpoppi23
Bat Boy

Yes... you're right. I thought I had setup an 8 team league, but I hadn't. It was a full league, all with empty rosters.

So, apparently this game can't do what I want it to do.

Need to be able to set league size to anything you want, set a schedule to anything you want, and draft in any players you want. I'd be OK with the schedules as set if I could at least get the other stuff.

Bad enough I'm limited to playing solo... I can't even play solo the way I want to play solo. sigh.

Also NEED to have "multiplayer"...with a commissioner mode. Have your draft (however you want to draft). Commish sends out the league file with rosters post draft. The other "GM/coaches" (who all own a copy of the game), all create their lines and tactics etc... and export their team "setup"... so that the commissioner can import them into the main league file, play the games, and export the results back out to the league. GMs impoirt result files, and then make changes to their setups as needed... export the setups, send to commish... Lather, rinse, repeat. This is how you get some great leagues, and good fun!

Solo play is all well and good... and I'm sure I'll have fun with the game, as is. (once I figure out all the details)

But we really must get the multiplayer/commissioner gameplay out there, so that you can get groups of fans all playing together. Thats how to grow this (potentially awesome) game!